Kinetic Melee without Concentrated Strike

Lines

I've had a KM/Bio Scrapper sitting on my lvl 50 shelf for a long time. I really want to like the character because he's cool and has a cool name.

But them big ol' hello windmills, man. I can't be dealing. I can't bring myself to play the character just because of the wacky whoosh whoosh woosh pop.

It's a little too hard to tell without actively testing it, but if I build a KM/Bio scrapper and skip Concentrated Strike, am I shooting myself in the foot? I know it has the chance to recharge power siphon. Would I be missing out, or could I get away with it?

My experience with KM is on Stalkers not Scrappers, but optimal attack chains do not have Concentrated Strike. The animation is waaaay too long. The chance for recharging Power Siphon/Build Up is not worth it.

I wish it could crit like a normal attack as then it might be worth it for a Stalker out of Hide. Maybe.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lines said:

Brill, thanks guys! That's all I needed to hear.

For what it's worth, from an actual testing perspective, Your T1, 2, and 3 attacks are only a few DPS different(~10) from any attack chain that includes Concentrated Strike. With the ability to leverage damage procs, and adding in the Gaussian's +BU proc to Siphon, you'll do just fine, if not potentially (marginally) better overall. So from an empirically tested stand point: No, you don't need Concentrated Strike.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Myshkin said:

For what it's worth, from an actual testing perspective, Your T1, 2, and 3 attacks are only a few DPS different(~10) from any attack chain that includes Concentrated Strike. With the ability to leverage damage procs, and adding in the Gaussian's +BU proc to Siphon, you'll do just fine, if not potentially (marginally) better overall. So from an empirically tested stand point: No, you don't need Concentrated Strike.

You're a champ. That's excellent news.