Grant Cover

KelvinKole

Sorry to make a post just for this, but I noticed in game today that the description for Grant Cover says it applies a defense bonus, stealth, and resistance to defense and recharge debuff to nearby allies. The power details screen only shows the debuff resistance though, and not the defense or stealth numbers. Is the power bugged? Or does it actually provide all of the stats in the description?

It's nice for the DDR it provides, however I usually pick it up very late in my build.  My Elec/Shield Stalker got it at 49, my BS/Shield Scrapper is likewise planning it at 49.  The only benefit it really gives YOU is the DDR and another LOTG mule.

I did get it earlier on my Shield tankers, but that's for a different role in combat.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

This power is the best power a brute/tanker/scrapper/stalker can provide to a team. You can give everyone on your team 10%+ def to all. That is a lot of defense for your team. A brute/tankers job is to stop the team from taking damage, they normally do that by making the mobs attack them instead, but with Grant cover you can also make the mobs miss your team more often too. To my mind it would be like a kinetics not taking speed boost or an empathy not taking fortitude.

Now on a stalker it isn't really included in their role on a team to take grant cover, but man is it nice to take for your team. For most sets, grant cover is the power that would be switched with hide, but not with this set for whatever reason. You can help your team stealth missions with this power.

On top of that you get ddr which seriously helps against mobs with defense debuffs (like cimoreans) and you get another place for a 7.5% Lotg. There is very little reason not to take it in my opinion. 

Edited by Darkir
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Darkir said:

This power is the best power a brute/tanker/scrapper/stalker can provide to a team. You can give everyone on your team 10%+ def to all. That is a lot of defense for your team. A brute/tankers job is to stop the team from taking damage, they normally do that by making the mobs attack them instead, but with Grant cover you can also make the mobs miss your team more often too. To my mind it would be like a kinetics not taking speed boost or an empathy not taking fortitude.

Unless it has changed... I haven't looked at the numbers recently... it only has a 3" radius around the character so it'll only affect players who are right on top of you.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

45 minutes ago, Call Me Awesome said:

Unless it has changed... I haven't looked at the numbers recently... it only has a 3" radius around the character so it'll only affect players who are right on top of you.

Both mids and the in-game tooltip say a radius of 15". I have also used this power a lot and those numbers seem accurate. Essentially, it affects people close to you, the radius of a fireball, but certainly not people right on top of you. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later