[Beta] Patch Notes for March 10th, 2020

• Developer

General

• Just a minor patch today; continue using the existing threads for feedback and discussion.
  • Brainstorm, Aeon, Shadow and Reflection now share the same authentication server with the Live shards.
    • This means that an account sync is no longer needed; your Live account will work on the Beta and Staging shards by default, and password changes will now be reflected immediately across all shards.
  • Fixed an issue where unlinking Asymmetric parts for some costume pieces and then switching to a different Costume Set would not reset the asymmetry mode.
  • Improved backwards compatibility when saving costume files that have no asymmetric parts or path auras.
    • The game client will prefer to save costume files that can be loaded by Issue 24 clients if possible.
  • The Random costume button will occasionally generate costumes with asymmetrical parts.
  • Safe Mode has been removed from the Staging servers.
Edited by The Curator
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Jimmy locked this topic
3 hours ago, The Curator said:

The game client will prefer to save costume files that can be loaded by Issue 24 clients if possible.

Is this "preference" considered a bug? Does it mean that sometimes it just won't save asymetric/dual aura costumes? Is there any way to test this behavior?

• City Council

It means that if you don't use any asymmetric parts or the path aura slot in your costume, and you save it to a file, that costume can be successfully loaded on a server that doesn't have the asymmetry code. For example Homecoming's current pre-page 5 live on the live shards, or an I24-based server, or Titan Icon, etc.

If you use those parts it will still save, you just can't load it on a server that doesn't have the same parts in the same place.

"If possible" just means if you aren't using any of the new parts that would break compatibility.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Telephone said:

Yes, this is a slightly unfortunate but expected side effect of the change.

Is this something that could be fixed in the future? (I realize it may not be a priority right NOW as the goal of not having to sync accounts has been achieved and that holds more value right now)

But I'm just wondering if the goal ultimately is to be able to access both at the same time.

• City Council

I'm sure it's a feature we could look to add in the future if there was enough demand. As you say, though, it's something very low on the priority radar. We have some longer-term plans to rework the authentication system (it's in need of some heavy cleanup) and when we do so we'll consider this feature. No guarantees, of course.

• Thanks 1

On 3/10/2020 at 9:20 AM, The Curator said:

Improved backwards compatibility when saving costume files that have no asymmetric parts or path auras.

• The game client will prefer to save costume files that can be loaded by Issue 24 clients if possible.

As far as I can tell this isn't working: I attempted to save a randomly-generated costume from the Beta servers today (no paths, no asymmetry) and it failed to load in Live, citing "too many parts". Manually editing the Costume's file on my machine and changing the line that said "Number of parts = 30" to read 28 instead (and changing nothing else) fixed it and allowed it to be loaded. So they're definitely not saving properly out of the box.

5 hours ago, The Curator said:

Can you post the actual costume file so we can take a look, @Ariamaki?

I don't have the original file from before I edited it, but here's what I believe to be the correct one (I think I saved their post-cleanup costume under a different name). It's possible I did some edits to this one on Live after manually fixing the 30/28 thing.

Calf of Gold.costume

• Jimmy locked this topic