VEAT no redraw option

I've seen this change suggested in several places, I'm just curious if anyone has an update on whether or not it has been taken into consideration to be implemented, or if there is a reason why it hasn't/can't be. 

I would also like to see power customization, but I could live without that if a no redraw option was made possible.  Thank you for the work that you do.

Edited by selfunconsciousness
  • Like 6

• 2 months later
45 minutes ago, Maxzero said:

Any updates?

Given they finally fixed No Redraw on Katana in the last "Page" (and the various sets that used one), I'd imagine, they'll next be going back and fixing No Redraw for all the various sets that already have the buggy version.  And after that, or maybe even with that, VEATs will be on the table too.  But it seems like there wouldn't be much point to do the bugged way that all the non-Katana sets have now, only need to fix it again.

• Thanks 1

which part of VEATs?

the SoA AR doesn't really re-draw unless you switch weapons (to mace or mace to AR, or temp powers), or to summon spider pets... which I think is realistic. even your 3 nades fire from the gun (mace and web) seamlessly. Crab back pack doesn't need it, neither do Fortunatas.

Widow claws, I honestly can't recall, if that's what you're talking about. 

2 hours ago, Six Six said:

which part of VEATs?

the SoA AR doesn't really re-draw unless you switch weapons (to mace or mace to AR, or temp powers), or to summon spider pets... which I think is realistic. even your 3 nades fire from the gun (mace and web) seamlessly. Crab back pack doesn't need it, neither do Fortunatas.

Widow Claws in particular are the heinous ones that people really want fixed. It messes with their chains, and their attacks are used in Fortunatas. I can't speak on the Crab/Bane side, but I will say that there is absolutely a need for the Widows to get this update to make their chains more viable. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Six Six said:

which part of VEATs?

Frenzy does cause redraw unfortunately.

8 hours ago, Lazarillo said:

Given they finally fixed No Redraw on Katana in the last "Page" (and the various sets that used one), I'd imagine, they'll next be going back and fixing No Redraw for all the various sets that already have the buggy version.  And after that, or maybe even with that, VEATs will be on the table too.  But it seems like there wouldn't be much point to do the bugged way that all the non-Katana sets have now, only need to fix it again.

I do remember a post about wanting to fix no redraw first.

So this sounds like progress on thar front ...

Good sign imo

Maxzero and Zeraphia, I figured it was the claws. Sorry for the oversight. I'm more frequently on my 3 SoAs and pure Fort. I had a lowbie widow-fort hybrid that I played again, and now I remember why I stopped playing him. 😃 You're right... about the original post... claws can definitely use a no redraw.

6 hours ago, Six Six said:

Maxzero and Zeraphia, I figured it was the claws. Sorry for the oversight. I'm more frequently on my 3 SoAs and pure Fort. I had a lowbie widow-fort hybrid that I played again, and now I remember why I stopped playing him. 😃 You're right... about the original post... claws can definitely use a no redraw.

Its all good man.

I copied my VEAT over to the Beta server just to test it all out. Basic using any power that isn't a gun power causes redraw.

You can of course overcome redraw through animation cancelling but it would be nice if you just had the option of disabling it.