Super Reflexes: Quality of Life Improvements

modest

18 minutes ago, modest said:

I don't want it to be revamped. I want to be able to enjoy the power set while playing low level content.

The other sets can do that by level 4. Why shouldn't Super Reflexes be able to by level 12?

And this is partly why, in the other thread asking why not do buffs before nerfs, I said to use logic.

That the other sets can do stuff by level 4 is, in and of itself, not necessary but will instill the desire every set do what those sets can do.  And because that desire exists, sets aren't allowed to progress differently, to excel at different times.

Why shouldn't SR do whatever it is you're asking it to do by lvl 12 because other sets get it by lvl 4? Because it was a mistake to frontload those other sets to begin with.  Same with Ice Armor.  Does it make sense that Scrappers can protect themselves from energy attacks before a Tanker can?  It's a mistake.  But now it pushes efforts to front load everything or to eliminate any bloat purely for meta-gaming purposes.

Edited by Leo_G
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Leo_G said:

And this is partly why, in the other thread asking why not do buffs before nerfs, I said to use logic.

That the other sets can do stuff by level 4 is, in and of itself, not necessary but will instill the desire every set do what those sets can do.  And because that desire exists, sets aren't allowed to progress differently, to excel at different times.

Why shouldn't SR do whatever it is you're asking it to do by lvl 12 because other sets get it by lvl 4? Because it was a mistake to frontload those other sets to begin with.  Same with Ice Armor.  Does it make sense that Scrappers can protect themselves from energy attacks before a Tanker can?  It's a mistake.  But now it pushes efforts to front load everything or to eliminate any bloat purely for meta-gaming purposes.

So, it sounds to me like you are saying that nothing is allowed to make progress and become better from beginning to end.

edit:  removed this bit as too much

That mindset gets nothing done anywhere.  Everything stays stagnant and nothing ever improves or becomes more fun from start to finish.

Edited by Caulderone

As long as you have your main defense in place by level 20 you are fine.   If you are soloing before then its not really needed.  And on teams as long as you aren't tanking as a scrapper, its not really needed.  And you are level 20 basically instantly with DFBs. 

But in the 20's AOE splash damage starts happening a lot, which is why SR starts to hurt.  

• Like 2

People, we're beginning to debate silly outlying points that have no basis in reality.

This assumption that any of these changes make material sense is highly suspect. Taking every single armour power, or moving them to all be available by lvl 12 is not going to make an actual difference in real game play. Sure, I can get to 44% defense by lvl 20, at what cost? No slots in attacks, if I even took more than 1, no slots in health, no pool powers besides cj and no travel...

Let's be a bit more grounded. Any toon would need 3 slots in 2-3 attacks by lvl 20, just to have acc, end redux and rech redux, not even speaking of slots in health fro panacea or miracle for end management.

Moving all these powers up and combining them is not a solution and there's also no issue that it would solve 

At lvl 1-20 armour sets are rarely needed anyhow, as the threat is so low to almost all AT's.

Theory crafting is great, but in reality this is all a paper tiger. SR may need help 20-40, but that's it

Edited by SwitchFade
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If the goal is to have aoe defence on them by level 20, then the switch with quickness will not work, as sentinels and stalkers get it at level 28. It would mostly serve scrappers.

I would personally look at the other auto defence powers, especially agile for stalkers and dodge for sentinels, which are not needed so desperately and so early on a melee and ranged class respectively.

Scrapper = Evasion (20) <-> Quickness (35)

Stalker = Evasion (20) <-> Dodge (28) <-> Quickness (35)

[and personally, I would then like Dodge(10) <-> Agile (28) as Stalkers are in melee range]

Sentinel = Evasion (20) <-> Dodge (28) <-> Quickness (35)

[as Sentinels can play at range, I would leave Dodge and Agile alone unlike Stalkers flipping them]

Any and all of the other stuff I would like can wait.  That change is easy and gets the focus of SR, defense, to all 3 categories by a reasonable level.

I love me some Quickness, but it is gravy versus the potato that is the toggles.

Edited by Caulderone
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Caulderone said:

Scrapper = Evasion (20) <-> Quickness (35)

Stalker = Evasion (20) <-> Dodge (28) <-> Quickness (35)

[and personally, I would then like Dodge(10) <-> Agile (28) as Stalkers are in melee range]

Sentinel = Evasion (20) <-> Dodge (28) <-> Quickness (35)

[as Sentinels can play at range, I would leave Dodge and Agile alone unlike Stalkers flipping them]

Any and all of the other stuff I would like can wait.  That change is easy and gets the focus of SR, defense, to all 3 categories by a reasonable level.

I love me some Quickness, but it is gravy versus the potato that is the toggles.

Sorry, no vote for moving quickness.

Scraps, swap lucky and evasion 28/35, but more than that, can't support.

11 minutes ago, SwitchFade said:

Sorry, no vote for moving quickness.

Scraps, swap lucky and evasion 28/35, but more than that, can't support.

Brutes have quickness at 35 and it works fine.

I think possibly because while leveling you tend to have more end management than recharge issues