Last Man Standing (a name in search of powers)

Cutter

So I'm building from a name this time around. I've been chucking around ideas all morning, but can't settle on either primary or secondary. So I'm asking the Tanker community:

What set(s) and/or combination(s) epitomize the Last Man Standing, to you?

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

Willpower/Street Justice

I'd say invul is a second choice but with no natural  res/def to psi, it doesn't fit the name of a stubborn tough guy as well. But Invul still gives the image of you taking all the hits and  refusing to go down so it's a second choice if you hate Willpower or something. 

For secondary street justice is great but Super Strength with all the knockdown fits well for a guy who is literally the last one standing. 

I gotta go in on the WP/SJ guy.  I just picture a guy with the tattered shirt and pants who made it through the Galaxy tutorial by just being to stubborn to go down.  That is how he awakens his healing power and decided to be "The Last Man Standing" to protect him neighbors and get them to safety.  Then change to a regular shirt and pants outfit to start atlas.  Could continue the story into the Shining star arc when Manticore takes him under his wing and steers him from a street level hero to top tier as you are leveling.  That is when you get a proper uniform for heroing and he starts really giving his all to it.

I may have gotten a little invested in that one hehe. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Gauntlet_Prime said:

I gotta go in on the WP/SJ guy.  I just picture a guy with the tattered shirt and pants who made it through the Galaxy tutorial by just being to stubborn to go down.  That is how he awakens his healing power and decided to be "The Last Man Standing" to protect him neighbors and get them to safety.  Then change to a regular shirt and pants outfit to start atlas.  Could continue the story into the Shining star arc when Manticore takes him under his wing and steers him from a street level hero to top tier as you are leveling.  That is when you get a proper uniform for heroing and he starts really giving his all to it.

I may have gotten a little invested in that one hehe. 

Hmmm a backstory out of nowhere! 🙂

@Cutter

Do you want natural, or do you want an actual "Last Man Standing"

If you want the last man standing, perhaps something like Stone/MA.  Storm Kick provides an addition 10%!!!!! Defense to everything except psi, so granite caps without any slotting for it, giving you extra room to slot to fix the negative sides of granite.

Here is my build for reference, damage is at -4.5% and haste is at -1.25% before hasten  movement speed is slightly higher than base (without Swift) movement speed, but you have Teleport to move into groups.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

TakenForGranite: Level 50 Natural Tanker
Primary Power Set: Stone Armor
Secondary Power Set: Martial Arts
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Concealment
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Rock Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(5), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx(7), GifoftheA-Run+(17)
Level 1: Thunder Kick -- FcsSmt-Acc/Dmg(A), FcsSmt-Dmg/EndRdx(3), FcsSmt-Dmg/Rchg(27), FcsSmt-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(37), FcsSmt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SmsHym-Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 2: Storm Kick -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(3), CrsImp-Dmg/Rchg(27), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 4: Earth's Embrace -- DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(A), DctWnd-Heal(5), DctWnd-Rchg(9), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(25), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 6: Cobra Strike -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(25), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(34), PlvFst-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), PlvFst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 8: Rooted -- RgnTss-Heal/EndRdx(A), RgnTss-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 10: Warrior's Provocation -- RechRdx(A)
Level 12: Brimstone Armor -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam(13), ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx(13), ImpArm-ResDam(17)
Level 14: Mud Pots -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(15), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(15), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), EndRdx(46)
Level 16: Teleport -- EndRdx(A)
Level 18: Crystal Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(19), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx(19), GifoftheA-Run+(21)
Level 20: Stone Skin -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(50)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx(A), RechRdx(23), RechRdx(23)
Level 24: Assault -- EndRdx(A), EndRdx(42)
Level 26: Minerals -- EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(42)
Level 28: Crippling Axe Kick -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(29), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(31), PlvFst-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), PlvFst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 30: Recall Friend -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 32: Granite Armor -- ResDam-I(A), ResDam-I(33), DefBuff-I(33), DefBuff-I(33), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(34), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(34)
Level 35: Dragon's Tail -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(36), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), Mlt-Dmg/EndRdx(37)
Level 38: Eagles Claw -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(39), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(39), PlvFst-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), PlvFst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 41: Conserve Power -- RechRdx(A)
Level 44: Physical Perfection -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A)
Level 47: Laser Beam Eyes -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(48), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(48), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Grant Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run(A), Run(11), Run(21)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(9), EndMod-I(11)
------------

Now that being said, if you're looking for a true natural build then I'd agree with WP/StJ

• Thanks 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

1 hour ago, LordXenophon said:

You'll need all the Knockback Resistance enhancements you can find.

I actually find a single Karma or Steadfast mag4 KB protection is enough for something like 95% of KBs in the game.  After that you gotta push all the way to Mag12 which is a significant investment for minimal effect IMO.

4 hours ago, Psyonico said:

Do you want natural, or do you want an actual "Last Man Standing"

If you want the last man standing, perhaps something like Stone/MA.  Storm Kick provides an addition 10%!!!!! Defense to everything except psi, so granite caps without any slotting for it, giving you extra room to slot to fix the negative sides of granite.

Here is my build for reference, damage is at -4.5% and haste is at -1.25% before hasten  movement speed is slightly higher than base (without Swift) movement speed, but you have Teleport to move into groups.

<build>

Now that being said, if you're looking for a true natural build then I'd agree with WP/StJ

That's certainly tempting! I haven't given Stone/ serious consideration since coming back - I 50'd a Stone/Fire back on live - but that's definitely another option to consider. Now I just need to see if I can get the name on any other servers so I can run both!

@Cutter