Option to return the Peace Bringer Sound Effect recently removed

I am sure a lot fo you won't agree, but I found those sound effects to be very iconic with the Peace Bringer....and I am a wee bit ashamed to say, I have pretty much shelved my Peace Bringer because it honestly just doesn't have that seem feeling anymore since they removed the Hum sound effect from the powers. Every time a sound effect in this game gets removed, it stings a bit more and a bit more and over the course of the past 16 years, those bits of stings has added up to a gigantic Klingon Gorch.

I would like to formally request that we have an option placed for those of us who loved those sound effects to turn them on, on our side. Nobody else has to hear it but those who chose the option. Really, IMO there has been enough nerfs to sound effects over the years. I personally believe any further sound effect nerfs should be in the form of an option. We can't keep forcing sound effect nerfs on all players every time somebody has a problem with a sound effect...logically, however difficulty being probable, can we please get this sound effect back as an option and make all future sound effect nerfs options as well? Thank you.

P.S. If you do not know what a Klingon Gorch is, then by all means, the video below should help you understand.

Edited by Solarverse
  • Like 1

@Solarverse Unfortunately, unless the devs add sfx options to the CC there's little chance of this happening.

I only had 2 Khelds on Legacy (one of each) and haven't played any recently, so I am unfamiliar with the changes. I'm thinking these are the originals, but you'd have to take a listen yourself.

Peacebringers.7z

And Warshade, though dwarf powers were readily available for them. Not sure if PB and WS share the same sfx for the other forms.

Warshade.7z

Edited by Oubliette_Red
  • Thanks 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

1 hour ago, Oubliette_Red said:

@Solarverse Unfortunately, unless the devs add sfx options to the CC there's little chance of this happening.

I only had 2 Khelds on Legacy (one of each) and haven't played any recently, so I am unfamiliar with the changes. I'm thinking these are the originals, but you'd have to take a listen yourself.

Peacebringers.7z 1.12 MB · 0 downloads

And Warshade, though dwarf powers were readily available for them. Not sure if PB and WS share the same sfx for the other forms.

Warshade.7z 2.35 MB · 0 downloads

Peaceeyes1 is the file. So I can just add that file back to all the powers it was once in and presto, I'm good, right?

7 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Peaceeyes1 is the file. So I can just add that file back to all the powers it was once in and presto, I'm good, right?

If you do, make a mod package for all of us who want that sound back and post it to the forums here (along with instructions on how to install it right).

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

34 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

If you do, make a mod package for all of us who want that sound back and post it to the forums here (along with instructions on how to install it right).

Was talking to Red in PM's and discovered that it can't be added due to their being no way to have a power use two files at once. So what I am going to do is take both files, combine them together (will have to do this with each and every power, since they all have a unique primary sound effect) and place them as a single file per power. Once I do this, then I'll test it out, make sure it works, then post up details after. It may take a bit though, there are a lot of files to work with on this. But I'll get it done and post it when I'm finished.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/18/2020 at 9:03 PM, Redlynne said:

Done.

• First, unzip the file beneath the instructions and open the folder.
  • Find your City of Heroes folder and open it up.

(If you see a Data Folder)

• Open the Data Folder.

(If you see a Sound Folder)

• Open the Sound Folder
  • Open the Ogg Folder
  • Open the Powers Folder
  • Copy all files from opened Zip file and drag them to the Powers Folder
  • Close all folders and restart game

(If you do not have a Data Folder)

• Create a Folder and name it Data
  • Open the Data Folder and create a folder and name it Sound
  • Open the Sound Folder and create a folder and name it Ogg
  • Open the Ogg Folder and create a folder and name it Powers
  • Copy all files from opened Zip file and drag them to the Powers Folder
  • Close all folders and restart game

If any of those mentioned files are missing, then create the missing folders and place them in order of how they are listed above.

Zip file is below.

OG Peacebringer.zip

• Thanks 1