Star Wars Dual Wield SFX Mod

Solarverse

Please refer to this thread for all future questions and comments.

Star Wars Blaster SFX!

(Detailed Explanation)

Modified: (Corrected issue where Bullet Rain SFX had one extra bullet fire that should not have been there.) 3/25/2020

Okay Star Wars fans, here it is! If you want to hear your pistols sound like Blasters from Star Wars, I finally have it completed. This one was not easy at all, especially since I had to time the blaster rapid fire with three different rapid fire sound effects from Dual Wield, but persistence is something I have always been good at! It is now completed and ready for your enjoyment! Enjoy!

Instructions (Destructions?)

• First, unzip the file beneath the instructions and open the folder.
  • Find your City of Heroes folder and open it up.

(If you see a Data Folder)

• Open the Data Folder.
  • Open the Sound Folder
  • Open the Ogg Folder
  • Open the Powers Folder
  • Copy all files from opened Zip file and drag them to the Powers Folder
  • Close all folders and restart game

(If you do not have a Data Folder or any other folder mentioned above!)

• Inside the City of Heroes Folder...
  • Create a Folder and name it Data
  • Open the Data Folder and create another folder and name it Sound
  • Open the Sound Folder and create yet another folder and name it Ogg
  • Open the Ogg Folder and you've guessed it, create a folder and name it Powers
  • Copy all files from the opened Zip file that I have provided and drag all of the files to the Powers Folder
  • Close all folders and restart game

If you have some of the folders mentioned above, but some folders are missing, then create the missing folders and place them in order of how they are listed above. Once finished, copy and drag the files from the Zip folder below and place them inside the Powers Folder. Then close the City of Heroes Folder and restart the game.

Zip file is below. Enjoy!

Star Wars Dual Wield SFX Mod.zip

Edited by Solarverse
  • Like 1

I suddenly have the urge to create a blaster wearing a white shirt and blue pants with a red stripe.  :D

I had to create the \DATA\ folder as mentioned above.  To revert to the original sounds, do I just remove these files?  Like into a sub-directory for easy re-installation.

Thanks!

Wow! Another awesome mod, my man. Thank you. Not particularly a Star Wars fan, but I have a couple of toons who will benefit from this.

I do have a question, though. Is there a way to have this mod only active for certain toons? like not have it across the board. I also like the original SFX of DP.

Here's my beam pistol guy who thanks you for it.
Cosmo.jpeg.555559aea672ccf01dc71110ce8712c5.jpeg
Captain Cosmo

@Solarverse: NOOOO!!! I just got my new Beam Rifle Blaster to level 29, and now I have to create a new Dual Pistols Blaster, too??!!??  AGH!  You're killing me, Smalls.  🤣

Again, well done.  I look forward to enjoying my new DP Sentinel with these sound effects! 😉

image.png.a6c460ced9f6a83abd5347c72c46d430.png

Edited by Rathulfr
Added screenshot.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

@DuncanMontana

@Six Six

To touch base on a couple of your questions. If you want to deactivate your SFX mods, you can create a Folder on your Desk Top and name it whatever you like. You can copy all SFX files and drag them to the folder on your Desk Top. Leave all the path folders in your City of Heroes directory and you can just move the folders back and forth from the Powers Folder in the City of Heroes Folder and to the Folder you created on your desk top to turn on and off the SFX. Just remember, anytime you do this it is always a good idea to restart the game.

Sadly, there is no way to leave the files in and have them work on specific toons. You will have to manually remove the files. Easiest way to do this would be to create a shortcut to your Powers folder and place it on your Desktop for quick access to the file for easier transfer of SFX files within the Powers Folder. This way you can pick and chose what SFX you want to use at any given time with minimal trouble.

Hope this helps!

44 minutes ago, Rathulfr said:

@Solarverse: NOOOO!!! I just got my new Beam Rifle Blaster to level 29, and now I have to create a new Dual Pistols Blaster, too??!!??  AGH!  You're killing me, Smalls.  🤣

Again, well done.  I look forward to enjoying my new DP Blaster with these sound effects! 😉

Hahahaha! Sorry, my man! I will have another mod for Masterminds Robotics eventually. Those files are scattered around though and it will take me awhile to sift through the Pigg files to locate them. For their SFX, I was thinking maybe the SFX from Optimus Prime's Blaster for your weapon, and maybe Starscream's mounted Wrist Blasters for the Bots and other random SFX from the Transformers iconic laser SFX. That one is going to take awhile, so you have time to enjoy what you have before I make more, lol.  😄

• 10 months later