fast snipes on stalkers

Razor Cure

Do they work? I mean..they do, cause I can seen the yellow circle..and the animation IS faster than the normal one (talknig Moonbeam here), but it is still a FAR cry from the almost insta cast Moonbeam on my blaster (which uses the alt one hand animation..maybe that is why the stalker feels slower).

Do the Snipes in other stalker epics fell a bit slower than they should be?

Stalkers don't have snipes, the are a melee class.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

They have access to Zapp and Moonbeam via the patron power pools.

I believe they are slower, but I don't think they're meant to be any faster. They weren't included in the sniper update, afaik, and I'm not entirely sure they should be. Those powers are pretty great on stalkers as is.

12 hours ago, Razor Cure said:

Do they work? I mean..they do, cause I can seen the yellow circle..and the animation IS faster than the normal one (talknig Moonbeam here), but it is still a FAR cry from the almost insta cast Moonbeam on my blaster (which uses the alt one hand animation..maybe that is why the stalker feels slower).

Do the Snipes in other stalker epics fell a bit slower than they should be?

Would be nice if someone found the patch notes to check me, but I'm pretty sure they gave Blasters faster snipes overall than the other ATs.  Like 3 seconds for blasters vs 4.5 on other ATs or something. So I'm guessing this propagates down to the fast-snipes as well.

Nope.  Found the patch notes.  There's separate scaling on the damage and recharges, but I don't see anything in there about the actual cast times.

While I'm here, I'll also mention: Mace Mastery also has a snipe.

Edited by Replacement

8 hours ago, Midnight Blue Mage said:

Unfortunately no experience with Stalkers, but I can confirm that Scrappers get fast-snipe with Moonbeam.

4 hours ago, Lex Talion said:

Fast Snipe mechanism applies to epic pools too.

OP isn't asking if they get fast-snipe - they're asking if it's working as intended.

I happen to have a blaster and a scrapper both with moonbeam so I hopped onto both to take a look.  It's always possible the stalker version is bugged and the scrapper version isn't, but it seems less likely.

Both feel and look the same.  Both have a listed activation time of 1.33 seconds.

2 hours ago, Replacement said:

OP isn't asking if they get fast-snipe - they're asking if it's working as intended.

Good thing you're around.

@OP:  A quick test on Beta with both, Moonbeam and Zapp, on Scrapper and Stalker shows that animation and execution of damage are out of sync for both ATs and snipes, when used as Fast Snipe over distances greater than the standard 80' for ranged attacks. So, all effects of Fast Snipe apply to the execution of Scrapper/Stalker snipes, but the actual damage is delayed. I don't think that such an obvious discrepancy is intentional.

Edited by Lex Talion
Info update (Scrapper)
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Lex Talion said:

Good thing you're around.

@OP:  A quick test on Beta with both, Moonbeam and Zapp, on Scrapper and Stalker shows that animation and execution of damage are out of sync for both ATs and snipes, when used as Fast Snipe over distances greater than the standard 80' for ranged attacks. So, all effects of Fast Snipe apply to the execution of Scrapper/Stalker snipes, but the actual damage is delayed. I don't think that such an obvious discrepancy is intentional.

Nice find. Glad I could be of assistance.