Psi Armor and other Epic Armors

ssbmario

Restructuring armors so that they come out first. Hero armors at 35 pls.

Restructuring Epic Power Pools anyway because hero power pools are pretty crap. For instance... My only choice as a storm/elec defender is... a power that requires things to be next to me and bunched up... which is the OPPOSITE of what hurricane and thunderclap accomplish. Also... why is a Defender interested in MELEE RANGE. Or, god help me, a SINGLE TARGET IMMOBILIZE when others get the MULTI TARGET. VSent sucks too, pls raise it to 180 second duration, double it's damage with a cap of two possible in play at a time. ANYTHING.

Restructuring how they LOOK. PSI armor is F*ing ugly. It's always been ugly to me, it'll never change with it's little Brownian circles of ridiculousness. Even if I can't get a better look (why can't I? Swap it with a glow from temp invuln and give me a focused and ghostly energy halo from my head to be powering it) PLS let me turn it OFF. It's just UGLY. ALL other armors can be non-PvP suppressed, PLS PLS PLS give me the suppression here. This is our "epic" powers... pls make them at least as good as our regular powers by letting me shut off the ugly.

This goes double for Villain armors... I don't want to see my "patron's mark" in my armor. I kicked the crap out of them and beat Lord Recluse into a bloody pulp and THEN curb stomped Rula-Wade. I think I'm done being forced to wear their tag. Pls add a "no patron mark" to our Villain armors. If this has already been done I can swap back into villain armors then but I'm pretty sure I'm still seeing Black Scorpion.

The point of the ancillary power pools is precisely to give your character things that the AT doesn't normally get, for the sake of rounding out your character's skill set. They weren't designed to just make your character more powerful. That doesn't mean that they couldn't do with some restructuring (putting all armours in the first tier is a perfectly fine idea, might as well y'know?) or that some couldn't do with some more fundamental rethinking but approaching it from the point of view of simply making them more powerful is the wrong way to go about it.

Patron pools should obviously bear the mark of that patron. You proved yourself to them and were rewarded with their blessing and power.

Also, melee attacks on defenders is super badass and that's my final word on it.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Blastit said:

The point of the ancillary power pools is precisely to give your character things that the AT doesn't normally get, for the sake of rounding out your character's skill set. They weren't designed to just make your character more powerful. That doesn't mean that they couldn't do with some restructuring (putting all armours in the first tier is a perfectly fine idea, might as well y'know?) or that some couldn't do with some more fundamental rethinking but approaching it from the point of view of simply making them more powerful is the wrong way to go about it.

Patron pools should obviously bear the mark of that patron. You proved yourself to them and were rewarded with their blessing and power.

That's how balancing should be handled for these things.  They should be ways of doing what your class can't already do.

That being said, I will admit that while the Patron pools compared to Epic pools have some discrepancies.  I get that the villain themed pets are unique, and should remain unique.  Hero sets shouldn't necessarily get hero themed pets.  I don't demand that be changed.  The biggest issue I have is the magnitude of quality you get from similar moves when comparing hero and villain epic pools.

Look at Tankers/Brutes for example.  Hero sets offer a single-target immobilize, but villain versions give you AoE ones.  Across the board.  I think Ring of Fire should be replaced with Fire Cages.  Tweak the radius if you must, but all of the Tanker ancillary options SHOULD have comparable levels of utility.

• Like 1

Normalising pools is perfectly fair. It's not necessarily even a matter of multi-target immobs being great for a given AT but that a single-target immob is just not much of a power. Especially not if the set already has a single-target hold.

Personally I think that tankers might benefit from having their APPs tweaked to include a few more support powers instead of control or w/e. They did get slightly boosted buff values with their other changes and it would further set them apart from brutes.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2020 at 5:46 AM, Blastit said:

Luckily, the devs disagreed and there are options without the mark for sure on blastermind Soul Mastery.

So the precedent is set and any armors missing this option should definitely gain it.

And damn am I glad for that precedent. It's bad enough how many characters have to rationalize a double-cross just for the powers that make sense to their character. Being forced to bear a mark that makes no thematic sense as well? Hard pass.

1 hour ago, Blastit said:

They're patron pools, expressions of your affiliation with... your patron. If it doesn't make thematic sense for your character to work with Black Scorpion or Captain Mako then don't do that.

This is... I find myself in a weird position. I want to argue and tell you why you're wrong but I don't have to - you were overruled a decade ago.

Still, here it is: it is more important for someone to be able to build an elec*3 tank than it is to deal with patron immersion.

3 hours ago, Replacement said:

This is... I find myself in a weird position. I want to argue and tell you why you're wrong but I don't have to - you were overruled a decade ago.

Still, here it is: it is more important for someone to be able to build an elec*3 tank than it is to deal with patron immersion.

Then argue for making an electric APP. More APPs is always neat and there are certainly thematic holes to be patched there. The HC team is clearly capable of it so it's no pipe dream.

Patrons of course have absolute patents on any powers in their sphere.

Mu cannot be used by electric characters to be Ex3

The gawds of lore will smite those who headcanon things differently. 

Not with a lightning bolt though since Mu filed a restraining order.