Amp Up +Heal and +DEF not working

Crysis

I'm copying this over from a different thread as it belongs here.

When cast on targets, either my own Pets or an Allied Team member, only the Amp Up +Recharge buff appears to apply. 

When cast on a Protector Bot (one of my Bots/EA henchman), Amp Up has zero impact on the bubbles they cast.  Easy to test.  Summon Prot Bots, dismiss one, cast Amp up on them, dismiss my Prot Bot bubble, they will re-cast it on me....zero difference.  If I summon other pets and they cast bubbles on them, same +DEF values whether under Amp Up or not.

Also tested it on my teamed allies.  Zero impact to their own ability to create +DEF or +Heal powers either.

I tried it all ways possible.  While DEF toggles already running THEN cast Amp Up (zero effect) and then without any toggles running, apply Amp Up and THEN toggle on defefensive powers.  Nothing either way.

The power info tab is just wrong and appears to be copied over Power Boost text but didn't adjust to show it's actually a far weaker power than Power Boost.

=BUT IT GETS WORSE=

The only things that I can see on the Ally that has Amp Up cast on them is a +45% to Healing Bonus and +50% to Recharge bonus in the Combat attributes for that targeted ally.  -HOWEVER- I can't for the life of me figure out where the Healing bonus would come into play.  Regeneration rate doesn't appear to be impacted at all, and if the targeted ally uses a self-healing power (eg Healing Flames in case of a Fire farmer toon), there is ZERO bonus applied to the actual heal received meaning ITS THE SAME WHETHER AMP UP IS ACTIVE on the buff bar or NOT. 

Note that I also tried this by applying Amp Up to a single Bot as well as a targeted Ally and then running my own Rejuvenating Circuit heal.  Nothing, same healing whether target to start chain has Amp Up applied or not.

I don't understand at all what this power should be doing.  It's not behaving anything like it's text info says it should, and the bonuses shown in Combat Attributres don't reflect any buffs even though Combat Attributes claim they are in play.

Right now it just seems like a totally wasted power pick other than for the +RECHARGE buff, which does appear to be working on ally.  Worthless for Henchmen however.

EDIT: Did more testing, when casting Amp Up on an Empathy powerset player, they do 45% +Heal OTHER.  So perhaps it only impacts powers that are applied to OTHERS from the recipient of the Amp Up?  Seems like a really questionable power pick, let alone a T9 power pick.

Edited by Crysis
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, JayboH said:

Defense buffs has been confirmed to never get increased with powers like this by design.  This was discussed at length during the beta period.

“Powers like this” meaning Power Boost type of powers also?  

And the text info for Amp Up says it supposed to boost Defense powers, but I’m assuming that’s a cut-and-paste from Power Boost.

4 minutes ago, Crysis said:

“Powers like this” meaning Power Boost type of powers also?  

And the text info for Amp Up says it supposed to boost Defense powers, but I’m assuming that’s a cut-and-paste from Power Boost.

It will boost defense debuff, if that's what you mean.

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

8 minutes ago, JayboH said:

It will boost defense debuff, if that's what you mean.

Well now I'm even more confused, because nowhere in the power info does it ever state that Amp Up will boost Defense DEBUFF...only Defense (which, obviously, it doesn't even though it says it does).

It also doesn't appear to impact Absorption, Endurance, To-Hit, Run Speed or most of the other stuff listed.  Lies, lies and damned lies......I want my money back!

image.thumb.png.a5a2f3e086c25c542a072bf0292bb368.png

That's easy, you get free respecs as you level.

"Empower an ally with raw energy, causing all of their abilities to unleash chained bolts of electricity at nearby foes. These bolts drain a small amount of endurance and have a chance to knock up the target. Amp Up also moderately increases their attack rate and greatly boosts the secondary effects of their powers. Their power effects like heals, defense debuffs, endurance drains, disorients, holds, immobilizes and more, are all improved. Recharge: Very Long "

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

6 minutes ago, JayboH said:

That's easy, you get free respecs as you level.

"Empower an ally with raw energy, causing all of their abilities to unleash chained bolts of electricity at nearby foes. These bolts drain a small amount of endurance and have a chance to knock up the target. Amp Up also moderately increases their attack rate and greatly boosts the secondary effects of their powers. Their power effects like heals, defense debuffs, endurance drains, disorients, holds, immobilizes and more, are all improved. Recharge: Very Long "

Hmmm....it's listed in description but not in detailed info.  Not first typo I've found.

Has this been tested and it works?  So if someone is using a -DEF debuff it amps that up?  And what about -RES debuffs?

Just doesn't seem to work at all as advertised.

EDIT: Just tested it on an ally with Holds and Immobilizes.  No effect on either.

Edited by Crysis

Here's some testing I just did, since I was looking at the description and was curious about +Defense, because as the image above shows, it explicitly says "+45 strength to defense".  I was using a Defender and the value was supposed to be +75.

I did see it boost other stats to varying degrees.

I teamed up my Elec Affinity Def with my Time Manip Def.  I saw no change in values for any Defense (Farsight, Maneuvers, CJ, etc).  Moving on from that.

Healing:

Temporal Mending - 206 initially/55 HOT

Amp Up + TM - 282/75

That's a boost but by 36%, not 75 as per the description for my Defender.

ToHit:

Farsight - 17.5

AU+FS - 26.88

That's a 53% boost.

Looking for a way to test Absorb, I logged in my /Temporal blaster to measure the absorb over time

Temporal Healing - 60

AU + TH - 105

Woo - hoo!  75% as promised.

Just data.  I do hope the text is changed if +Def is not intended,  

ETA - It occurred to me that I slotted enhancments for to-hit and healing and the 75% is to the base value.  I slotted no additional absorb so that's why that is 75%.  I'm leaving the above untouched even though I know the percentages are not computed correctly. 

Base values

TM Heal 100.4/26.8 so the addition is 75ish.

FS To-Hit 12.5, again additional is 75

Edited by Hedgefund
  • Like 1

The "strength to Defense" is only to the Base Defense attribute, which is only used by Defense Debuffs and Defense Debuff Resistance. If Amp Up worked on Defense buffs, you would see "strength to defense" listed an additional 10 times, one for each of the other 10 Defense attributes (Melee, Ranged, AoE, Lethal, Smashing, Fire, Cold, Energy, Negative Energy and Psionic).

"Strength to Healing" only affects true Heals; not Absorb, not MaxHP, and not Regeneration. This has always been the case with Power Boost/+Special powers. Admittedly it's a bit confusing because all 4 attributes are improved by Healing enhancements, but in this case it just means Heals. If it buffed the others, it would say "Strength to Regeneration," "Strength to Absorb," etc.

Power Boost/+Special powers also do not work on heal powers (or any powers, really) that also have enhanceable +Resistance (such as Healing Flames or Reconstruction).

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers Telepathy | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"

33 minutes ago, Hedgefund said:

As I showed above, my aborb for my /temporal was increased by 75% when Amp Up was applied .

I missed it, but in the OP, the power does show "strength to absorption", so that's why Absorb is buffed. I didn't notice it because it wasn't green lol.

Still, I just wanted it to be clear that the "strength to healing" line only affects actual heals.

Edited by Trickshooter

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers Telepathy | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"

I also want to make sure it's clear that using Amp Up on an ally will not make the heals the caster uses on that ally stronger or the heals that chain off that ally stronger. Amp Up used on an ally will only boost the heals the ally uses themselves that don't have enhanceable +Resistance to damage.

On 4/11/2020 at 7:23 PM, Crysis said:

It also doesn't appear to impact Absorption, Endurance, To-Hit, Run Speed or most of the other stuff listed.  Lies, lies and damned lies......I want my money back!

For clarity, Amp Up, or really any Power Boost/+Special power, enhances the strength of effects, it does not provide the effect.

By that I mean, Amp Up will not grant Absorption or Endurance, or increase ToHit or RunSpeed on it's own. Rather, if you use it on an ally and they use their own power with those effects, they will most likely be much stronger than usual.

Think of it as granting them temporary Enhancements in their powers.

3 hours ago, Trickshooter said:

The "strength to Defense" is only to the Base Defense attribute, which is only used by Defense Debuffs and Defense Debuff Resistance. If Amp Up worked on Defense buffs, you would see "strength to defense" listed an additional 10 times, one for each of the other 10 Defense attributes (Melee, Ranged, AoE, Lethal, Smashing, Fire, Cold, Energy, Negative Energy and Psionic).

"Strength to Healing" only affects true Heals; not Absorb, not MaxHP, and not Regeneration. This has always been the case with Power Boost/+Special powers. Admittedly it's a bit confusing because all 4 attributes are improved by Healing enhancements, but in this case it just means Heals. If it buffed the others, it would say "Strength to Regeneration," "Strength to Absorb," etc.

Power Boost/+Special powers also do not work on heal powers (or any powers, really) that also have enhanceable +Resistance (such as Healing Flames or Reconstruction).

Well that explains the zero impact on Healing Flames, since it is also +RES.

Its fine...just one less power I need to take feom

the set.  Power Boost is likely of more value to a MM given it will work with +DEF buffs.