Co-op Hamidon Raids

I think it would be a good idea if we had a single co-op zone for Hamidon raids instead of separate ones for Heroes and Villains. It would make sense, since Hamidon is trying to destroy all humanity just like the Rikti, and it would make it a lot less tedious if Leagues could be recruited from both the Hero and Villain sides.

You can summon Hami in the Abyss?  I've never been there!?  I'll have to check this place out...

Edit: wait...  Hami recruitment is "tedious?"  I thought it impossible to get in unless you arrived early!?

Edited by Display Name

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

3 minutes ago, MTeague said:

Heh. I actually thought the Abyss was Redside only.  Glad to know it's not, but just because the Blueside Hami raids are NEVER there, I just assumed they couldn't ....

No.  It's a combination of inertia and one sidedness.  "There's a lot more heroes than those stinky villains, so let's force them to come to us."

Edit: I don't understand it myself.  The Abyss is a much better looking zone than The Hive.

Edited by Apparition

From the bits of conversation I've picked up on in The Hive while waiting for the nightly Hami raid to start, the reason why they're not being run in The Abyss is that the DE monsters are more scattered around the zone, making the initial grind to defeat them to get EoEs and get Hami to spawn is more drawn out and tedious. So the players go where the payoff is better/faster.

2 hours ago, Apparition said:

No.  It's a combination of inertia and one sidedness.  "There's a lot more heroes than those stinky villains, so let's force them to come to us."

Edit: I don't understand it myself.  The Abyss is a much better looking zone than The Hive.

I never realized that the Abyss was co-op.  I think I've only ever visited it to snag some badges, actually.  But it does make me scratch my head and wonder "Why not make the Hive co-op as well?"

59 minutes ago, SaddestGhost said:

I never realized that the Abyss was co-op.  I think I've only ever visited it to snag some badges, actually.  But it does make me scratch my head and wonder "Why not make the Hive co-op as well?"

They'd have to add another entrance to the Hive, since Eden is Hero-Only.

Still, I would hope that adding a new zone entrance is relatively doable.  It wouldn't even have to be remotely near the Eden entrance.  Diagonally opposite it would do just fine.

I know Excelsior server has issues with more people then room in zone for their Hami raids H side. So it might be nice if someone comfortable with leading raids would also start them Abyss side as well to help not only those dedicated Villains, but also with overflow of participants.  The problem with The Abyss is what srmalloy mentioned, the DE mobs are no where as conveniently spaced for EoE harvesting.

I don't Suffer from Insanity . . . I Enjoy every minute of IT! 🤪

People Around me get to SUFFER! 😼

3 hours ago, MTeague said:

They'd have to add another entrance to the Hive, since Eden is Hero-Only.

Still, I would hope that adding a new zone entrance is relatively doable.  It wouldn't even have to be remotely near the Eden entrance.  Diagonally opposite it would do just fine.

I'm not sure how intensive it is coding-wise but I would think a helicopter placed on one of the abandoned buildings in the south-west (going off memory, I believe there is a badge near them) would do the trick.

On 4/13/2020 at 4:34 AM, RadicalAshley said:

I think it would be a good idea if we had a single co-op zone for Hamidon raids instead of separate ones for Heroes and Villains. It would make sense, since Hamidon is trying to destroy all humanity just like the Rikti, and it would make it a lot less tedious if Leagues could be recruited from both the Hero and Villain sides.

Step up and run raids in the Abyss.  Or, just go Vigilante/Rogue and attend the ones in the Hive.

I can tell you from experience though that getting people to the Abyss is hard because there's not an easy way there and many people don't even know the zone exists, let alone know where it is.

On 4/13/2020 at 3:08 PM, Apparition said:

It actually isn't.  The Abyss became co-op in Issue 18.  Just most people didn't realize it because inertia is a heck of a thing. 

Do you have a source for that?  I looked in the various Issue release notes and I couldn't find a mention of the Abyss change. 

The main point being, Paragonwiki still lists The Abyss as villain only.  I was thinking that if there's a linkable source for the change being pre-shutdown, it would be okay to edit the Paragonwiki Abyss page to say so, and that might help more people realise that The Abyss is now co-op.

The Abyss is a cool zone, very atmospheric and I love the whole Jurassic Park thing it has going on.  It would be great to see more Hami raids there.

Edited by Grouchybeast

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!