Whats a good secondary for Ninjas?

JnEricsonx

Kinetics so you can speed boost them and watch them run off to their deaths THAT much faster.

/em joking

Redlynne’s Ninja/Time build is the best I’ve seen, but I still abandoned them in my mid 30’s.  Just too much going against them.

There’s been some talk about Ninja/Electrical Affinity.  I’m playing a Bots/EA right now and I can see the heals helping Ninja’s survivability considerably, but I think Faraday Cage would do little for Ninja’s.  They just have a mind of their own, which is to say empty, angry, and devoid of all rational thought.  I think Time is going to serve you best because you can jump into the spawn with Times Juncture running, floor spawn To-Hit and spam healing for the little angry swarm of mindless, angry ninjas to help keep their paper thin lives intact.  

Tankermind Ninja Traps.

But then again that is my main go to for anything. Tankermind concepts works well for me.. 

I think Ninja/Forcefield is viable, not sure it Is fun. Ninja is the highest single target damage I think so it has the best damage to offset the loss of any Secondary ability to increase damage.  Obviously Forceshield allows you to max Defense of the Ninjas.  Force shield has some additional control that works well with Ninjas poor survivability with its stuns and banishment power.   

Forcefield isn’t sexy or winning races. Also the extra Defense is usually unnecessary on teams.  But if you were going to solo with ninjas I think it might be the best option to let you defeat most content.  

21 minutes ago, Talionis said:

I think Ninja/Forcefield is viable, not sure it Is fun.

Ninja/Forcefield definitely CAN be done ... but I'd still put it behind Time Manipulation as a pairing with Ninjas simply because no matter how much Defense you pile onto Ninjas, they're still going to get hit and take damage, and Forcefield offers no "native" way to heal up what damage your Ninjas will be taking (even if it's minimal).  By contrast, Time Manipulation can heal all of your Ninjas simultaneously, in addition to the damage that you've taken yourself, in addition to buffing their (and your) Regeneration rate into the bargain so they won't need to be healed quite as often to say nothing of the potential that Temporal Selection offers on top of everything else (buff 4 out of 6 Ninjas simultaneously?).

Yes, Forcefield will turn Ninjas into (spastic) NO GET HITSU!! Scrapper pets ... but that's only ONE aspect of their survival getting covered (Defense) without also being able to patch them up from damage taken short of resorting to Aid Other, which is a less than satisfactory alternative to Temporal Mending in Time Manipulation (which in my opinion is the superior option).

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.