How about that Ninja Run? - Decouple animation from benefit

Ditto Beast Run.  Is it at all in the cards to turn these into Prestige Sprints, ditching all the mechanical benefits of the -Runs?

-Most Heroes aren't ninjas or beasts, but we typically end up giving in to the amazing early-game mobility and run around like ninjas anyway.

-For characters where Ninja Run/Beast Run make sense, the unenhanceable endurance cost is crippling, typically forcing us to disable during combat.  Ditto characters running Combat Jumping, etc, that are mutually exclusive to Ninja Run.

-This was a necessary evil when Ninja Run came as part of a purchased add-on.  Now?  not-so-much.

Could leave a full-statted version at the p2w, of course.  But I'd rather it didn't have any animation overrides.

It should* be possible to at least do the following:

Create a power with the Sprint animation that is mechanically the same as ninja/beast run. Make it mutually exclusive with the other two and available in the P2W.

Create 2 additional Prestige Sprints, that are mechanically identical to Sprint, but use the Ninja/Beast run animation.

This would sold both problems you posed. It would also allow ninja/beast run animations to be used with SS and SJ, which would be really nice.

*I am not a coder. I know that calling the code for this game a mess is polite though, and sometimes things which should be simple will make the game explode. So I say it should be possible, but I could be absolutely dead wrong on that.

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.

• 3 weeks later

Ditto Beast Run.  Is it at all in the cards to turn these into Prestige Sprints, ditching all the mechanical benefits of the -Runs?

-Most Heroes aren't ninjas or beasts, but we typically end up giving in to the amazing early-game mobility and run around like ninjas anyway.

-For characters where Ninja Run/Beast Run make sense, the unenhanceable endurance cost is crippling, typically forcing us to disable during combat.  Ditto characters running Combat Jumping, etc, that are mutually exclusive to Ninja Run.

-This was a necessary evil when Ninja Run came as part of a purchased add-on.  Now?  not-so-much.

Could leave a full-statted version at the p2w, of course.  But I'd rather it didn't have any animation overrides.

I don't use sprints in combat but I would love a no end cost ninja/beast stance toggle (or costume setting)

• 4 weeks later
(paraphrased) Make all Sprints inherent

But this would disrupt the at least two-minute routine I have perusing & obtaining the Outbreak P2W vendor's wares every time I roll an alt!

Kidding aside, I don't have a problem with an option to remove the NR animation from the benefit for the rare occasion I make a non-ninja character.

(paraphrased) Make all Sprints inherent

But this would disrupt the at least two-minute routine I have perusing & obtaining the Outbreak P2W vendor's wares every time I roll an alt!

Kidding aside, I don't have a problem with an option to remove the NR animation from the benefit for the rare occasion I make a non-ninja character.

Do you really have to make non-ninja characters? I mean, the options are almost infinite:

Ninjas

Real Ninjas

Ninja Wannabes

Pirate Ninjas

Ninja Pirates

Zombie Ninjas

Ninja Zombies

Space Ninjas

Space Corsair Ninjas

Wulfen Space Corsair Ninjas

Kittens

Glad to see this is still going!  The suggestions that everyone agrees on are the ones that sink to the bottom and have low visibility, so I appreciate seeing people +1ing this.

I also want to mention the flip side of this: Ninja characters who feel compelled to disable Ninja Run in combat, which is super lame when you're, say, a /ninjutsu blaster who does a lot of combat repositioning. 

I'm literally playing my titan/ninjutsu scrapper on my other monitor right now (Ghost-faced killer, basically), and he needs all of his end for that giant sword, and nothing left over for his aesthetic.