Tequila won't launch, at all.

Solarverse

My motherboard took a nose dive on me, so I took out my hard drive and placed it in my secondary PC. It's back up and running but uses a different video card. My graphics card has all new updates. I have two issues actually, "This PC" will not launch, I have to launch it from my windows bar (Windows 10) and Tequila won't launch. Not exactly sure what could be causing this, but I suspect they have a related issue. However, Red Dead Redemption will launch and so will anything else....at least so far as I have discovered.

Any ideas? I'm sure it's nothing to do with the launcher in of itself, but rather a setting somewhere on my PC. Any ideas would be VERY appreciated.

• Game Master

"This PC" is unfortunately, something you're on your own on.  No problem with pulling a hard drive from donor computer and plugging it in as a 2nd hard drive on an already working system (just don't boot from it), FYI, that would also be doable in the future in a panic situation.  (Not intended as a finger wag, just advice.  It is your system, after all.)

As for Tequila, try reinstalling .NET Framework 3.5, since it's closely associated to the hardware configuration of a system (Runtimes upon installation need to compile on the system they intend to run on.  NET Framework is no different.)  I'd recommend doing the same with Visual C++ Runtime as well.  If you transport the donor drive back to it's original system, you'd need to repeat this again.

Good luck!

Edited by GM Tahquitz

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

35 minutes ago, GM Tahquitz said:

"This PC" is unfortunately, something you're on your own on.  No problem with pulling a hard drive from donor computer and plugging it in as a 2nd hard drive on an already working system (just don't boot from it), FYI, that would also be doable in the future in a panic situation.  (Not intended as a finger wag, just advice.  It is your system, after all.)

As for Tequila, try reinstalling .NET Framework 3.5, since it's closely associated to the hardware configuration of a system (Runtimes upon installation need to compile on the system they intend to run on.  NET Framework is no different.)  I'd recommend doing the same with Visual C++ Runtime as well.  If you transport the donor drive back to it's original system, you'd need to repeat this again.

Good luck!

The hard drives were actually swapped out completely and partitioned for the new Hard Drive. I just moved the brains from one PC to the other. It's odd, some apps open fine some don't. The ones that don't are rare, hard to find during tests. Windows Security won't give me access to change user settings either. I have a new MoBo on the way, once it gets here I will be installing windows fresh on to a brand new hard drive and importing my files from an external hard drive afterwards. But for now, I am making due. I'm sure there is some setting somewhere that is preventing me from this. I have checked all permissions and have no issues with permissions. I have also tried redownloading Tequila but sadly, it won't even run program to download it. Whatever it is, I suspect has something to do with security permissions, I'm just not seeing it. I'll figure it out eventually, and if not, I'll see ya when my new MoBo gets here, haha.

Another oddball, is that Windows Security settings opens up fine, but Windows Security will not?   *scratches head*

Edited by Solarverse

@Tahquitz Backed up PC to a previous date, fixed all issues. Never did find out the actual cause though. I think a file ended up corrupted and backing up the files corrected corruption. Just a guess though since I never pinpointed what the actual cause was.

Edited by Solarverse

if you re-downloaded the client via torrent it marks the folders as read only. it's an issue i've run into in the past you'll need to change that by going into the folders properties and unchecking that box and apply to all sub folders. the second issue if you got the game non torrent style is the c and c++ redistribution framework package from microsoft is required to link tequila to the coh install path, it cant launch/patch the game if it can't locate the folder. this is also an issue i've had in the past. hope that provides some insight.

Edited by Suicide-Squirrel

Just an aside, changing things like the HDD, Mobo, and other core components can cause your OS' license to invalidate. It's possible to get it reactivated, but it can cause some issues. Simply booting an OS on essentially new hardware (new Mobo) is luck as it is in part because of reasons mentioned above. It's always best to keep your user data separate from the OS drive, but apps don't like that much either sometimes. Games like CoX are somewhat lenient with being dropped into a new environment (have to revalidate/install things normally).

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)