fire blaster survivability

PhillyPhil26

Hey guys,

So this questions is for the experts hehe.

I don't believe it can be done but thought i'd ask.

My twin wants to have his main character be his fire/fire/pyre blaster.

But he is a lazy bum who really doesn't quite understand how MMO's work and how builds  and powersets work lol.

Ideally he would like to have good survivability without many toggles.

Is that even possible?

To make matters worse I don't know that he will ever get incarnate powers or badges either because he barely plays.

Currently his toon is lvl 44 but when we play at +1x3 just him and I he seems to not have much survivability.

Take tough and weave and/or medicine if you want more survivability and/or try to rise up your defence and resistance with set bonuses. Anyway best way to survive with a Blaster It Is kill things Faster as possible. Use your AoE attacks on groups and single attacks and holds on bosses.

Edited by reib

7 minutes ago, Krazie Ivan said:

what's his reasoning behind this?

He just doesn't quite understand lol.

Like he wants to play and just be "godmode" which is why we play lower difficulties even +0 or -1.

He wants to kill enemies easy and not really ever worry about dying. 

As simple as it is to turn toggles on, i think he just rather not have to worry about making sure they are on to survive.

He plays the game to be a superhero, but wants as little responsibility to keep his toon alive as needed lol.

22 minutes ago, reib said:

Take tough and weave and/or medicine if you want more survivability and/or try to rise up your defence and resistance with set bonuses. Anyway best way to survive with a Blaster It Is kill things Faster as possible. Use your AoE attacks on groups and single attacks and holds on bosses.

For a fire blaster is it better to try to focus on defense and then resistance,

or 

resistance first and then get whatever defense you can additionally.?

1 hour ago, PhillyPhil26 said:

For a fire blaster is it better to try to focus on defense and then resistance,

or 

resistance first and then get whatever defense you can additionally.?

Defense for PvE, resistance for PvP.

5 hours ago, Haijinx said:

Fire/Fire/Mace would work easier for defense - Grab Scorpion Shield

it's the easy-mode method for sure, but the player doesn't want to run toggles & doesn't have interest in learning builds/sets/game mechanics ...which is frustrating for us who try to help, honestly. like, seems we're asking for advice & knowledge here w/o any interest in learning from it. i realize this is for someone related to the OP, which just furthers my point, as they seemingly can't even be bothered to get on the forums & ask themselves?...and there's been 3 threads dedicated to this 1 char.

3 minutes ago, Krazie Ivan said:

as they seemingly can't even be bothered to get on the forums & ask themselves?

Can't even be bothered to turn on a toggle, why even bother trying to help this person ? Seems like he is fully content playing at -1/3 difficulty

4 hours ago, Krazie Ivan said:

it's the easy-mode method for sure, but the player doesn't want to run toggles & doesn't have interest in learning builds/sets/game mechanics ...which is frustrating for us who try to help, honestly. like, seems we're asking for advice & knowledge here w/o any interest in learning from it. i realize this is for someone related to the OP, which just furthers my point, as they seemingly can't even be bothered to get on the forums & ask themselves?...and there's been 3 threads dedicated to this 1 char.

The build in the other thread has Fire Shield though?