Suggestion: Add a "neck/collar" category...

biostem

Simply put, there are several head/face, shoulder, and even back options, that would better be described as neck or collar options.  For instance, I frequently use the gunslinger face option, which adds a nice high collar piece.  I'd love to be able to use this with some other pieces, like the carnival masks, but they occupy the same category.  Similarly, there is a spiked collar piece and neck chain listed under 'shoulders', but how awesome would it be to have both a necklace and shoulder pads?

Another option, which may be simpler to implement, would be to allow us to choose 2 sets of shoulder pads and an additional item in the face category.  Sure, doing this may cause pieces to clip, but I think more options would be better.  Thanks for reading!

• Like 9

I imagine this would require editing the models so they use the correct attachment points on the rig? Main problem with that would be potentially invalidating existing costumes. I've always wanted a lot more neck items, mainly to make more interesting transitions from the top of the Chest Tights to the neck, or at least more head tights patterns that create a more convincing cutoff.

It would also be great to move out the handful of Detail 1 items that cover the Ears to the Ears slot where you usually choose elf/vampire ears since that whole menu is seldom used and very limited for most characters. 

Edited by Aberrant
  • Like 2

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

Adding a neck/collar category would also make it much, much easier to make shoulder pieces asymmetrical, since, from what I understand, one of the main issues with that is that some shoulder pieces are actually neck pieces and having two overlap would be Bad (tm).  (I don't understand that either; the asymmetrical gloves and boots already exclude some options so why not just exclude the neck pieces when asymmetrical shoulders are enabled?  Also, we can already get overlap on neck pieces because some of them are under face details and some are under shoulders, so why is overlap such a big deal?)

Edited by Shocktacular
  • Like 3

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs so far.
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

• 10 months later
On 4/30/2020 at 2:27 AM, Shocktacular said:

why is overlap such a big deal?)

In the case of this suggestion it's not, I for one would love to see it, as the parts are already in play in most chest options. Neck as it's own head or torso drop down, would make the costume editor a layer more complex, meaning you could have two different shoulder pads and the neck chains, or the spike collar. but, there are so many more neck pieces than that. Between shoulders, detail 2, and chest details, it could easily make it's own decent sized drop down.

Edited by Terius

• Retired Developer

Since I've seen this in other threads sometimes (re-organizing the costume editor from the neck up as a whole), the story on that is that it's on the distant horizon. By distant I mean something of a wish list rather than scheduled.

Reason being is there's a potential show stopper beyond the time for planning, model editing, and upping the number of costume parts (which was already done for the asymmetric stuff).

Hats are also somewhat of an annoyance trying to fit into a more streamlined system for that area because they rely on the thickness (or lack of) hair, which is why they always have their own and they wouldn't fit neatly into such a system without some kind of distance and rotation scales added specifically for hats.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Naomi said:

Since I've seen this in other threads sometimes (re-organizing the costume editor from the neck up as a whole), the story on that is that it's on the distant horizon. By distant I mean something of a wish list rather than scheduled.

Reason being is there's a potential show stopper beyond the time for planning, model editing, and upping the number of costume parts (which was already done for the asymmetric stuff).

Hats are also somewhat of an annoyance trying to fit into a more streamlined system for that area because they rely on the thickness (or lack of) hair, which is why they always have their own and they wouldn't fit neatly into such a system without some kind of distance and rotation scales added specifically for hats.

With mention of hats, would it be possible for same hat with different hair styles?

• Retired Developer
2 hours ago, BrandX said:

With mention of hats, would it be possible for same hat with different hair styles?

Without that feature, I can think of maybe 3 different ways of doing it, but they're all less than ideal.

• Like 1

Also not ideal, and perhaps one of the three things you're considering, what if we applied hats using the Sunglasses Up method?

image.png.676ff30c4dc0c739d6846c6880c24bf8.pngimage.png.1ed235115c13db295a1501bb1e46cbf0.png 

Basically create three instances of each hat; low, middle, and high.

Obvious downsides include the potential filesize and resource allocation in RAM issues, the amount of work to do this for each hat individually, and there's no guarantee that three options for height would offer enough granularity for an ideal solution.

Still . . . I'd make the call on implementing that one, if I could.  Some solution is better than no solution in this instance, I'd say.

6 hours ago, Naomi said:

Without that feature, I can think of maybe 3 different ways of doing it, but they're all less than ideal.

I was thinking, straight "Same Hat Category then drop options of hairstyles" likely wouldn't be a long list of options and probably not on all.

Just not sure on the feasibility of it.