Plant / Traps silliness

JayboH

Any value in having Spirit Tree and Triage Beacon constantly providing 300%-600% regen rates constantly/sometimes?  Procs everywhere like 5 in Acid Mortar alone?  Anyone try it?

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

There is some value in those regen tools, but unfortunately in teams there is generally a lot of movement. If there is a long fight in one area it can make a good impact.

Otherwise regen is great, but generally better as a buff people can take with them...

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

3 hours ago, JayboH said:

Any value in having Spirit Tree and Triage Beacon constantly providing 300%-600% regen rates constantly/sometimes?

Main Tank of a Hamidon Raid might appreciate the effort.

Plop them in the bowl of the Rikti Mothership during a raid.

But since both buffs are of the Plant The Flag™ and stay put variety, the combo will only be meaningful on fights that "last" for awhile before moving on ... such as the TPN Incarnate trial, once you're inside the buildings and everyone gathers up.  Everything else would be AV/GM applications where you aren't moving around much while delivering the beatdown (and taking damage at the same time).

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

So basically everyone thinks the cooldowns on these abilities should be vastly lower, yes?

That's part of why I am asking about the combo, as they are the exact same power with different graphics so you can alternate casts and have a buff like that up more often

44 minutes ago, JayboH said:

So basically everyone thinks the cooldowns on these abilities should be vastly lower, yes?

That's part of why I am asking about the combo, as they are the exact same power with different graphics so you can alternate casts and have a buff like that up more often

Does Triage Beacon stack? I know that Tree of Life does. For that reason, BTW, if it had its cooldown lowered it would also have its duration shortened so as not to be able to stack 3 or them. Either that, or it would be converted to be a one-at-a-time summons.

2 hours ago, Coyote said:

Does Triage Beacon stack? I know that Tree of Life does. For that reason, BTW, if it had its cooldown lowered it would also have its duration shortened so as not to be able to stack 3 or them. Either that, or it would be converted to be a one-at-a-time summons.

One at a time, yes.  With this combo of course you could double stack even with that in place.

Hmm, I have been tooling around with a plant/traps for a while. I always looked at stacking tree with triage, but never thought about getting enough recharge to stack them with themselves.

What this team needs is more Defenders