Offline Character Save

Obduran

I would like to see this feature implemented somehow to allow us to offline save our characters for personal backup.

Perhaps something like blockchain could be used to validate saves (not sure, just a stray notion).

I have seen...far to many private servers simply vanish without warning. Even if many/most servers would not allow you to use them people could use them in local setups if they so chose.

I am immensely grateful to all those working on the game at this time. Even if this is not possible/feasible/desirable ;)

You can save the costume during creation at any time, as long as you haven't entered the city. Anything beyond that, would be kind of cheating, wouldn't it? At least I'd think so. Because if you could export your character, stats and all to some location and re-import them again into some other server... what's to stop you from opening up those files, modifying them, and giving you god-like abilities?

My personal opinion is that the costume is that that really makes a character "unique" without harming the game for anyone else.

I'm out.

For those of us, and I'm hoping it more and more of the community, that will set up a local server on our machines for when/if servers vanish I thought it would be good. Probably something we can do locally by just backing up the character database though..

It might be useful to add the saving feature to the Tailor in the game.  As said, this is the longest task for creating a character, besides the actual leveling process.

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

I understand where you're coming from, but like someone else said, it's too easy to cheat that way. And to extend upon the costume thing, that's why we have the Icon app!

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

It might be useful to add the saving feature to the Tailor in the game.  As said, this is the longest task for creating a character, besides the actual leveling process.

Wait, you can't save/load costumes while editing your costume at the tailor? I could have sworn that was possible way back in 2008 before I stopped playing.