Could Empathy get a little Healing?

46 minutes ago, Razor Cure said:

ANd being on a Green Machine team is hardly a measure of how good the set is solo, or on SOs.

Green Machines was developed long before IOs.  And once again not every buff/debuff set needs to be strong solo.

• Like 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

1 hour ago, Razor Cure said:

Yeah. I did an all emp ITF back on Live. Not +4, but WITH everyone IOd. And it totally wasnt 'havoc.' At all. Sure, we were speeding, but havoc? Lol, no.

ANd being on a Green Machine team is hardly a measure of how good the set is solo, or on SOs.

Seems like "havoc" just has multiple meanings here.

On 5/8/2020 at 11:05 AM, MTeague said:

Now I need to create an Empathy Defender this weekend.  Because my contrariness is activated and the "I can make this work no problem" is real.

(I do already have a Beast/Empath MM, but Daisy, Lily, Buddy, Fluffy, and Mittens make soloing a breeze for her)

Hehe funny enough! I have a Thugs/Empathy FotM PvP zoner MM that actually doubles in PvE too. Love her to death! She's taken many a victim from the double gang war + teleport foe heh

4 hours ago, Razor Cure said:

Yeah. I did an all emp ITF back on Live. Not +4, but WITH everyone IOd. And it totally wasnt 'havoc.' At all. Sure, we were speeding, but havoc? Lol, no.

Fair enough, I might be slightly guilty of remembering 7yr old memories with a bit of a rosey hue.  On the other hand an all Empathy team isn't probably quite the same as an 8-man GM team either.  GM teams were highly optimized both in build and use of their buffs.  And no, a GM is by no means reflective of the average solo experience of an Empath, but it is a reflection of how powerful the individual buffs are in the Empathy set considering what they could do on SO's only (or even unslotted).   I don't think you can tweak the set too much without running into either making the set overpowered or reducing the power of those buffs significantly.  

• Like 1

First, I really don't want to seem emphasis on solo with Empathy, honestly.  That's not the role a Defender has on the team, IMHO.  If you want to be a solo juggernaut, I'm thinking Brute or Controller or something.

Second, I would LOVE having Empathy's Healing Aura be a toggle. 

Third, I would love it if [Fortitude] would give more of a damage buff.  That's usually what has people clamoring for Kinetics over Empathy all the time, the damage bonus buff.

Edited by agentx5
*derp, not what I meant*

55 minutes ago, agentx5 said:

Second, I would LOVE having Empathy's Healing Aura be a toggle.  It would allow me to CTRL-click the green auto-activate circle around a different power instead.

If you need to have healing aura on auto, you're doing something wrong.

• Like 3

What this team needs is more Defenders

2 minutes ago, Psyonico said:

If you need to have healing aura on auto, you're doing something wrong.

... or on a MSR in the bowl phase. Maybe Hami. Other than that...

• Like 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

3 hours ago, Greycat said:

... or on a MSR in the bowl phase. Maybe Hami. Other than that...

Exactly that, otherwise I leave the green circle around Hasten.  Apparently what I'm writing and what I'm thinking are not in sync today.