New PC and ALL games Crashing

Solarverse

Okay, so I have done pretty much everything I could think of. I ran a disk scan to check for bad blocks, I have ran everything in admin mode, I have made sure ALL of my drivers were up to date, and I have ran everything and anything in cmnd prompt that you can think of. I have even checked my Windows, which is a fresh download, for any corrupted files...NOTHING works. Game still crashes within 5 minutes of playing. I have even ran the Event Viewer to see if I could pinpoint exactly what it was that was causing the issue. I have checked my CPU to see if it is overheating (although in my experience, when a CPU overheats, it's crashes the whole PC, not just to desktop.) and that checks out. Also, Virus protection is turned off, still no go. My Bios is up to date and all systems check out. I have tried everything that I could think of, then I realized that it wasn't just this game.

I can't blame the game though, this is happening on Planetside 2 and Red Dead Redemption as well. I have a fresh install of windows on a newly built PC. My other PC has zero issues, so it has to be something within the windows options that's killing my games. It could be something simple that I am just overlooking. When I am in game, it looks fantastic, everything runs so smooth...until the sudden crash to Desktop. It has to be something I am overlooking. Probably something I am missing because I am overthinking it.

Build is as follows:
Asus X79 Deluxe Motherboard
Intel i7 3930 Core Processor
EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti GPU
64 GB of DDR3 HyperX Ram
2T Toshiba Hardrive
Brand new install of Windows 10 64 Bit
All Drivers updated

Everything is outdated mind you, but it's all fresh out of the box. What I am running now is actually more up to date than my other PC which is a couple years older than what I currently have, and my other PC runs this game perfectly, along with Planetside 2 and RDR 2.

DXDiag below...

DxDiag.txt

53 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

I'd suggest a Memtest86 test for a few loops.

Bad RAM can cause weird random crashes like that.

My man! I could kiss you right now and I dont even swing that way! Thank you! That's exactly what it was!

1 hour ago, Solarverse said:

My man! I could kiss you right now and I dont even swing that way! Thank you! That's exactly what it was!

Wow, getting bad memory is like extremely rare now days though I am not familiar with hyperx. I usually suggest corsair for memory/power supplies.

17 minutes ago, Noyjitat said:

Wow, getting bad memory is like extremely rare now days though I am not familiar with hyperx. I usually suggest corsair for memory/power supplies.

I ran the test from my USB drive, booted to my USB, the test ran and found it within 10 seconds flat. I pulled the first stick or RAM, ran the test again and got the first one on the first try. I thought for sure I would be pulling all 8 sticks before I found the right one. Nope, nailed it first try. No issues since then! Plays all games just fine with zero crashes to desktop.

1 hour ago, Noyjitat said:

Actually it's not as rare as you'd think.

My boss just ran into this with RAM from Crucial (probably one of the most dependable mem vendors in my experience).

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

32 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

Actually it's not as rare as you'd think.

My boss just ran into this with RAM from Crucial (probably one of the most dependable mem vendors in my experience).

Oddly enough, I seem to get a bad stick of RAM every damn time I build a new PC. I guess anything that is mass produced is going to have a 1 in 5 chance of being bad. Plus you gotta think shipping conditions as well. You can't exactly go to the nearest store to buy DDR3 RAM anymore, you have to order it. Even still, the RAM in stores still goes through a shipping process to reach the stores. I would say bad RAM is way more common than most would think. Some of us get lucky, then there are those of us who get a bad stick of RAM anytime they build a PC, lol. I'm not one of the lucky ones.

2 hours ago, Noyjitat said:

HyperX RAM has been around for a pretty long while. It even came highly recommended many moons ago. HyperX even though is their own name brand, is built by Kingston. Kind of like Jackson guitars being built by Fender.

Just so you guys know, all those brands that are off the shelf....

Use NAND and DRAM from the same vendors.

It's not the DRAM, it's the PCB, controller and layout.

What you want to look for is design schematic integrity, meaning, is the layout good. Are there enough caps, or too many? Is the power controlled well with resistors? Are there pull downs on it? How clean is the signal? What temp range is it stable at? Does the module lose performance at high temp?

Did the PCB come from a good board house? Are the gold fingers marred?

The short version is, DRAM can be affected by all this, and Samsung usually puts out high quality product, most places use this DRAM. Usually, the issues are with all the other components being cheaply made, with poor quality control.

• Thanks 1