Some powers need to be able to be enhanced

Hi:

There are a limited number of powers that needs an improvement in magnitude effect or something, for example take a Storm Defender's signature power "Hurricane", once you get to incarnate TFs, especially BAF, repel is essentially useless, and anything higher than a boss laughs at it, and there is nothing  a player can do.

I was playing my 53 Dark Armor Tank, not sure I why bothered buying taunt for her, it only works with bosses or below, anything higher seems totally random if they work at all. I noticed that if the above boss mob is already under attack, you might as well remove taunt from your tray, you will never get it on to you. There needs to be a way to make taunt more potent! When I do Tin Mage, Director 11 must be blind, deaf, and what not, even when I am spam taunting, why bother? He does not react to it, trying to taunt Battle Maiden once she is in a rampage on a player, once again, why bother?

I looked at IOs and what not trying to make Taunt mediocre's performance useful and the best I can do is make an essentially useless power last longer.

The team does not really need minions and Lts taunted, its the big boys that need to be diverted away from the support types...

I am sure there are other powers that are essentially broken when dealing with higher than boss mobs, which should be addressed in some manner, this is important for some arch types signature contributions to the team become trivial when facing higher than bosses, this is unfortunate for many of those powers a key to the support arch type's survivable since they do not get the range of protections and defenses that melee types gets as a standard, and also those players would like to feel they significantly contributed besides just being another death statistic...

Sue

I don't spend a lot of time in Incarnate content playing a Tanker (blecch BAF) but on my Tanks with (an always slotted) Taunt I've never felt like I was losing aggro. I can't speak to your circumstances (I wouldn't be surprised if the TinPex Battle Maiden was simply coded to ignore Taunts, given that mission), but I've often witnessed Brutes and Tankers lose aggro to DPS characters in the cases in which they were relying on a ToHit against the AV to be part of the Taunt.

Allow me to take this opportunity to once again petition for a Very Rare or PVP set of enhancements for Taunt. Because of the coding mechanics for how Taunt works (and because Taunt IOs can be slotted in various powers) my preferred proc would be an unlikely to be implementable "Contagious Taunt". I'd accept something more straightforward like "% +Defense" or anything that synergized with the primary aspect of Taunt (e.g. grabbing aggro) or a desired secondary effect (e.g. temporarily improve defense of the caster, or debuffing damage of the targets).

I'm only partially satisfied with the two existing lvl 20-50 6-piece Taunt sets, while I appreciate that each offers a different progression of set bonuses I'm less than thrilled with the lack of variety in those bonuses.

Hurricane's repel is IMO one of its most annoying aspects, as it prevents the much more potent -to-hit from taking effect.

Taunt is +400% (which is kind of a meaningless number) but stacked with your 300/400% taunt from your aura, it should pull AVs away from anything else (unless they are taunting themselves)  Even Romulus at the end of the ITF (who is known for running away) will more or less stay put if you keep taunting him, same with Recluse at the end of the MLTF.

• Like 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

Taunt specifically is a "Threat Multiplier" if an enemy is assigning the tank a low treat value because they say are under direct attack from a heavy hitting blaster and not the tank, simply taunting them wont necessarily pull them off, the tank must taunt AND attack the target to make the target view them as a larger threat!

Edited by Snowdaze

I have a Darkness Manipulation Proposal: Let me know what you think!

3 hours ago, MsSmart said:

for example take a Storm Defender's signature power "Hurricane", once you get to incarnate TFs, especially BAF, repel is essentially useless, and anything higher than a boss laughs at it, and there is nothing  a player can do.

Has nothing to do with incarnates; all AVs have repel protection and resistance to tohit debuffs.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Archvillain_Resistance

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

4 hours ago, Psyonico said:

Hurricane's repel is IMO one of its most annoying aspects, as it prevents the much more potent -to-hit from taking effect.

I would gladly have a Hurricane power that had NO repel component whatsoever, just the exact same -ToHit it already has. 

As it is, I can still apply the -ToHit debuff even when teaming by glancing the mobs at the edge of the effect, barely pushing them at all.  But I still get grief and groups asking me not to use it anyway, no matter how responsible I am with it, because the repel effect drives people batty and they're nervous that I won't use it right.

8 hours ago, tidge said:

Allow me to take this opportunity to once again petition for a Very Rare or PVP set of enhancements for Taunt. Because of the coding mechanics for how Taunt works (and because Taunt IOs can be slotted in various powers) my preferred proc would be an unlikely to be implementable "Contagious Taunt".

What about a caster based PBAoE -threat effect on teammates?  I suppose you'd have to give certain ATs immunity to this effect, like Tankers and Brutes.

8 hours ago, Psyonico said:

If you combine Hurricane's effects with an immobilize, you then have the freedom to slide around foes.  You can technically stack foes *tighter* since they will stop being repelled once they reach the limit of Hurricane's range.  The only other power that could do a better job at that is Wormhole.

9 hours ago, MsSmart said:

I am sure there are other powers that are essentially broken when dealing with higher than boss mobs, which should be addressed in some manner,

High level stuff has a resistant check vs almost everything but cupcakes and cookies, muffins....now that is kryptonite and has brought down many an arch villain without a fight.

As for taunt

Herd complaint - would it make sense for hundreds of guys to dog pile a dude who gave them the middle finger and hundreds of guys can't be stopped by this one guy?  "Hey, lets pick on the weaker ones while he is distracted by Moe, Burt, Bart, Larry, Harry, Tim, Dick, Don, Pat, Rob, Rick, Jim, Joe, Adam, Jake, Steve, and Brjorn.  I feel sorry for Bjorn, guy is kinda the odd ball there."

Boss or higher - the great epic fights are boring if the main villain stays on the lead tough guy and is brought down quickly while everything whittles him down.  Kinda like the movies.

Not everything is game mechanics, even the little minion guys get their .15 seconds of fame before turning into jelly on the pavement and the arch villains like to show off even for the heroes.

Edited by Outrider_01
  • Like 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer