Is Accuracy over 95 wasted?

ILIWAPCT

I was theorizing builds in Midus when I noticed some powers were showing Accuracy of 110% from Set Bonus etc. So I started to modify some  set IO's (i.e. Accuracy/Damage -> Endurance/Damage)  and got a power down to 3 different permutations:

1. 110% Accuracy (Waste?)

2. 102% (Just Right?)

3. 94.8 (too little?)

98% accuracy enhancement will get you to the 95% chance to hit cap against +3 enemies, but you need 143.6% total to hit +4s. And that's not considering enemy defense buffs, tohit debuffs, or powers with less than 1.0 base accuracy.

Edited by Vanden
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It depends on the base accuracy of the power, the difficulty you play at and the foe type.

Certain powers might also fall into a "Cannot afford to miss" category.  i.e.  The powers are critical for your attack sequence, their end cost is high.  Misses lead to defeat.

• Like 2

Short answer is 95% is the cap so if you can reach that on +4’s with your key powers you’re pretty safe. 

Long answer is mobs can do a lot of things to reduce your accuracy or improve their defence, and when that happens having extra accuracy over 95% becomes a useful buffer to those situations.

Even longer answer is teams will often provide buffs/debuffs that improve your accuracy. My Defender’s usually come with 6 slotted tactics, which is +20% to-hit to everyone within range.  

But people don’t tend to notice any of these accuracy adjustments unless their accuracy falls to below say 80% 😉

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone