Hasten and in-combat stance 🤔

Peacemoon

Okay all, I’ve been having some problems with hasten and my character’s in combat stance. I’ve done my best to investigate it, and could use some help. The more I’ve investigated it myself, the more I’ve realised it’s the game itself and not me or my setup. I got my husband to trial it out on his computer with his character (separate account),and he was having the same problem. I’ll try my best to explain:

After I use hasten, my character will not stay in the combat stance - straight after activating a power they will return to a passive stand stance.

It’s like there is a hidden aura on my character keeping them in the passive stance. Even if you chain attacks together, and you’re surrounded by enemies attacking you, they will keep returning to the passive stance rather than the combat stance at every opportunity, resulting in some pretty odd movements.

This will persist until I press ESC; somehow ESC must clear something off my character that has been applied by hasten. 

This doesn’t seem to effect my characters with weapons, as having a weapon sheathed seems to override whatever is happening. My AR defender has never noticed this, but other characters have.

Its hard to take a photo of this happening, as a video would be better. But below is a photo I’ve just taken. I just created a new build for this old alt, took hasten at 4, and went and tested it for the first time in with him and it happened straight away.

Here is him in combat with 2 hellions, he has used hasten, and then attacked with stone cages and returned straight to the passive stance. He then used fossilise and again returned to the passive stance. He returned so fast to passive you can still see the damage numbers coming off the hellion:

671FF3C8-2EFC-4EC0-9435-D47F1967A1E0.jpeg.281031dea2bdfbc382da1b3facc52e89.jpeg

Has anyone else experienced this?

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

I’ve been doing some more testing and I think this only happens if you are in the passive stance when hasten activates. If you are in the passive stance hasten seems to lock your character into the passive stance, so they keep reverting back to it between every animation, unless you press ESC. If you are in the combat stance when it fires, things appear to play as normal. 

No idea why this happens or why hasten has this power over the character.

I’ve tried googling this and the only thing that came up is a change to the power in February to stop it from animating whilst still recharging. Could this bug be linked to that?

I shall take my detective hat off for now...

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

So another twist in this exciting tale of Hasten - if Hasten is on recharge and you try to activate it, even that failed attempt will lock your character in passive stance. (If they are in passive stance when activated).

As such my current prediction is that whatever was done to the power in February's patch to stop it from animating while recharging, has caused this bug to occur.

Happy for others to test Hasten and report back their findings! Just make sure your character is 'passive' (stood upright) when you try to activate it. 

Edited by Peacemoon

Retired, October 2022.

@Peacemoon

This issue has been going on since a couple issues before Free to Play. It used to only happen after hitting Build-up or Aim. Later, the bug grew as it started happening under different and random circumstances. Now Hasten causes it as well. I tried bringing this up before, but neither the Devs on Live nor the Devs here on Homecoming have openly acknowledged the issue. I guess they have no reason to, because anytime I bring up the subject, it is met by posters who feel it's just not a big deal or not a big enough priority to warrant a fix. So I suppose as long as people feel that the bug doesn't matter, it'll never get fixed.

I know it bothers you, trust me, I know all too well, it drives me insane as well; drives me crazy when I have to constantly hit Esc before using a power in order to attempt to break the Passive Stance in order to get back in to Battle Stance. I hate bugs like this, it completely ruins immersion for me. I didn't say this on my previous post concerning the issue, because I knew if I did people would just say I was being silly, or if it bothers me that much that I have bigger issues than that bug...but I will say it now. I actually play this game a LOT less now than I used to, just because of that bug. I just can't feel immersed in my character if he constantly just looks as though he is just standing around rather in a combat ready stance. Immersion is 50% of this game for me...without it it's only half of a game. Some may feel it isn't game breaking, but for me, it breaks immersion; therefor it is game breaking. I hope you get a response from a Dev on this, I was unable to almost 8 or 9 years ago, and I was unable to back in February as well.

Edited by Solarverse
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Solarverse said:

@Peacemoon

This issue has been going on since a couple issues before Free to Play. It used to only happen after hitting Build-up or Aim. Later, the bug grew as it started happening under different and random circumstances. Now Hasten causes it as well. I tried bringing this up before, but neither the Devs on Live nor the Devs here on Homecoming have openly acknowledged the issue. I guess they have no reason to, because anytime I bring up the subject, it is met by posters who feel it's just not a big deal or not a big enough priority to warrant a fix. So I suppose as long as people feel that the bug doesn't matter, it'll never get fixed.

I know it bothers you, trust me, I know all too well, it drives me insane as well; drives me crazy when I have to constantly hit Esc before using a power in order to attempt to break the Passive Stance in order to get back in to Battle Stance. I hate bugs like this, it completely ruins immersion for me. I didn't say this on my previous post concerning the issue, because I knew if I did people would just say I was being silly, or if it bothers me that much that I have bigger issues than that bug...but I will say it now. I actually play this game a LOT less now than I used to, just because of that bug. I just can't feel immersed in my character if he constantly just looks as though he is just standing around rather in a combat ready stance. Immersion is 50% of this game for me...without it it's only half of a game. Some may feel it isn't game breaking, but for me, it breaks immersion; therefor it is game breaking. I hope you get a response from a Dev on this, I was unable to almost 8 or 9 years ago, and I was unable to back in February as well.

I completely agree with you - and I found it really annoying myself and really put me off my character I was playing at the time because I wrongly thought it was something I'd done and got really agitated by it. 😟

So it was my Mind/Psi Dominator, and I started noticing it a lot just after I'd created some scripts which would switch up autocast on Hasten/Domination when using the movement keys. I couldn't get it to stop and figured it was the binds I'd created, so I threw them all out and deleted the folder. More likely it was the simple fact I'd just trained Hasten. It kept happening, so I figured it was that character and lost interest them.

Worse, it started happening with another character, and I was worried I'd saved my binds as my default setting as it was transferring like a virus. I tried respecing my character and eventually the problem would come. I resintalled the game. I deleted all the files and downloaded them all again. No matter what I did it would come back. Until one day my Hasten autocast triggered between mobs and it immediately happened, and I realised whatt he cause had been all this time.

It is a little bit easier now I know that its when Hasten fires and I'm stood in Passive stance, at least I know what causes it. Its made me want to turn Hasten off autofire and just get into the habit of using it myself. 

One thing to note, I've found that 'weapon stance' overrides this bug. Which is why I never saw it on my other characters such as my AR Defender. I think 'glowie hands' from Dark Control/Energy Melee also count as a weapon.  So there are a few workaround sets that it won't effect you as much.

It would be great if we could understand what is causing this though.

• Like 1

Retired, October 2022.

15 hours ago, Solarverse said:

97 views and 5 replies (6 if you count this one) tells me this has zero chance of getting fixed. Nobody really seems interested.  😞

It’s one of those bugs that once you notice, you can’t unnotice it.

It really needs a video to demonstrate it. I’m not sure my picture above does the bug justice.

I wonder if the devs are aware of this issue? I noticed it yesterday on someone else’s character. Since some of us have Hasten on autocast on almost all our characters, it effects our characters more. 

I have actually considered dropping hasten due to this bug, but I generally play characters that really benefit from recharge 😕

Edited by Peacemoon

Retired, October 2022.

On 6/7/2020 at 1:50 PM, Solarverse said:

I rarely use hasten or build up and aim because of the bug. And since Blasters MUST take BU and Aim, I rarely play Blasters anymore. I did post a video at one time.

Oh do you have a video of this on the forum already then? I could link to it in my original post? 

Retired, October 2022.