Grav/Traps: time to reroll I think

Papaschtroumpf

I'm at 30 with Grav/Traps, I have a good build, I have all IOs (attuned), but it feels like Traps is a solo set. The activation time of most powers is so long the team is 1/2 way through destroying the group, and the acid mortar, etc.. are not mobile.

Wormhole synergizes well with bringing a group to your non-movable traps, but it's not very useful in teams, and can annoy teams. 

Even solo play is kinda slow if you rely on traps.

So I thin it doesn't fit my playstyle, I'm more of a Fire/Storm or Plant/Storm kind of guy

What synergizes well with Grav but is a more dynamic playstyle?  the classic answer is /Time although I have quite a few of /Time characters (I think no Controller yet?)

I find that Grav is kinda busy, so /EA is probably not the best choice since it's busy itself

/rad and /FF might work thematically, I haven't played /FF since Live and don't remember much? 

Ya traps can feel pretty clunky in teams. I find the location binds to be pretty valuable to the set. Get out near the front and break each alpha with seeker drones while you dive in.

Acid mortar isn't the best in teams that clear stuff quickly. I prefer to just get a proc'd poison trap down as it at least covers a large area. Seekers, PT and ffgen can offer a lot of mitigation and help the team roll even smoother. Traps has a lot of tools if the team starts to take on more than it can chew.

But no, it doesn't excel in fast teams.

Did you slot the kd proc into wormhole? if so why would anyone get mad at you unless you are pulling engaged mobs away from people. I usually try to grab a nearby spawn and plop it down on us while they engage the first one. 2 for the price of 1.  Failing that just grabbing the current spawn and putting them right back where they are is great. If anything it just packs them tighter for the tiny melee aoes. 

I like my grav/traps, but it doesn't shine in super fast teams. Medium speed teams it is right at home though and slow teams it is one of the most potent things you can bring.