aggo cap still 17?

FullEclipse

I think 17 is correct, the change went in way back when to prevent Tanks from herding up hundreds of mobs to be killed with a few AOE attacks.  Back in the Issue 3-4 era, or the "Great Age of Tanks" it was easy for a decently built and played Tank to herd up the entire ruined city Drek map, pull the hundreds of Freaks to one location and then eradicate the entire spawn.  Frequently the Tank was perfectly capable of clearing the map in 10-15 minutes by himself, usually only taking a couple minutes to kill the herd once it was gathered.

This lead to the Global Defense Nerf of issue 5 where we lost a huge chunk of our durability followed immediately by Enhancement Diversification of issue 6 which nerfed our enhancements.  The net effect was our defenses were cut by at least 50%, in some cases considerably more, AND the aggro cap went in eliminating our ability to hold the attention of more mobs... and the ability of AOE powers to affect more than the cap's limit of mobs.

With the benefit of hindsight our power was a bit too much, but the Dev's gutted us way too hard.  The raw durability of a well built Invuln tanker then was higher than a Granite tanker with a full IO build today, and the damage output was greater since we could slot 300% damage enhancement (6 slot Nucleus HO enhancements... they were 50% Acc/Dam back then) in our major attacks.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

16 hours ago, Call Me Awesome said:

This lead to the Global Defense Nerf of issue 5 where we lost a huge chunk of our durability followed immediately by Enhancement Diversification of issue 6 which nerfed our enhancements.  The net effect was our defenses were cut by at least 50%, in some cases considerably more, AND the aggro cap went in eliminating our ability to hold the attention of more mobs... and the ability of AOE powers to affect more than the cap's limit of mobs.

Something popped into my mind after reading this that I kind of want to see...

A build flag that if all enhancements in a character build are TO/DO/SO/HO than enhancement diversification is adjusted by like 50%, or add an inherent power that can be given a "token" enhancement that causes this effect like the Incarnate Alpha slot does, while also restricting slotting.