The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Infinitum Build Collection

Infinitum

9 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

There are no "newbie tankers".

There is only a numerical value for "Butts Kicked"

I prefer a different metric. 

Anything can kick butt. 

Only a tanker causes broken attack deployment - fists, legs, swords, shields... Lamp posts. Etc.  All with our just our faces even.  I have had the enemy actually give up before and take to heavy drinking because their attacks ran dry while I made myself a sandwich. 

• 3 weeks later
Posted (edited)
On 6/19/2024 at 6:51 PM, Infinitum said:

Anything can kick butt. 

Only a tanker causes broken attack deployment - fists, legs, swords, shields... Lamp posts. Etc.  All with our just our faces even.  I have had the enemy actually give up before and take to heavy drinking because their attacks ran dry while I made myself a sandwich. 

Hey infinitum, do you think you can help me with a bio/tw tanker and energyaura/energymelee brute? i'd like to still be able to tank anything but do adequate damage as well for either solo or team play

Edited by Addanc

On 6/19/2024 at 6:51 PM, Infinitum said:

Anything can kick butt. 

I've been told the 8 foot tall guys, that jamming a foot up someone's butt is painful, distracting and generally makes movement impossible...  😃

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

Posted (edited)

So this topic is long enough that I can't look through the whole thing for what I'm after, I'll just ask:

How would a Shield/Mace Tanker differ from Invictan, the Shield/Axe Tanker listed at the start of the thread? I know there would be something, as I cannot imagine slotting Shatter as lightly as that build slots Axe Cyclone. Nor can I convince myself there are good options on where to strip slots from to add slots to Shatter, with the "best" option appearing to be Whirling Mace, the weakest of Mace's three AoE attacks, but the one that hits in all directions. So, what should I change beyond just going in and switching Secondary from Axe to Mace?

Edit: never mind, as soon as I started looking from first to last instead of from last (for most recent builds) to first, I found it. Now I feel dumb. Oh well, such is life.

Edited by TheMoncrief
Made a mistake.

If it's not too much trouble, would you mind helping me come up with a new Invulnerability/Energy Melee/Energy Mastery build that utilizes Laser Beam Eyes and Energy Torrent as part of the attack chain? Since the next patch is adding eye beams as an option for Energy Torrent, I was thinking about making a new build to lean into that.

Only thing is, I'd like to avoid using Fighting pool powers, because they'd be missing the Energy Melee FX and it'd look weird. I'm open to using any other pool powers though. Flight is my preferred travel power, and I also like the toggles from Leadership, but they're not necessary if they don't fit.

On 6/19/2020 at 9:34 PM, Infinitum said:

I have been a Main tanker since Live and have collected quite a few builds - I have shared them piece by piece here, so I thought i would just put them all in one place, if anyone ever needed them.

I rely on not getting killed more than damage output or number of attacks.  The damage I can output on each of them is still impressive though.

I even included my Brutes that can also tank as well as any of my tanks.

Tanker Armor Rankings  **REVISED** Strictly my Opinion YMMV

1. Shield Defense

2. Super Reflexes

3. Invulnerability - Still very close to the top, but has slight vulnerabilities exposed a little more with the typed defense change - manageable though.

4. Energy Aura (Brute) - If it were a tanker set - it would be top 3 if not number 1 easy.

5. Bio Armor - I have moved this one down, yeah its great, but without DDR it take a lot more skill to keep this afloat than any of the top 3 IMO.  Caveat - In the right hands - this one is potentially top 3 easily. 

6. Stone Armor (QoL reasons) - Stone is good, but ultimately - IMO you can do more with the 5 ahead of it here - without any of Stone's limitations.

7. Dark Armor

8. Ice Armor

9. Radiation Armor

10. Willpower

11. Electric Armor

12. Fiery Aura

1-3 are very close - Shield has the edge because it can do everything SR can do without needing to lose health to do it, and also comes with a great nuke style attack that you can teleport through walls and floors to get to your target. Also a great self damage power in AAO and team buff in Grant Cover.

5-9 are also very close - honestly Dark could easily take spot 6 from stone, but stone just has more shielding that's hardened and other mitigation tools - but just barely

8-12 also very close - a lot depends on the skills of the player and the build applied to the character.  

Update 4/7/2024

- Updated Volente and Quantum Infinitum - I had the wrong Alpha selected on Volente - should have been Spiritual instead of Agility.  Agility isn't a horrible choice but Spiritual works better for the healing factor and regen inherent to Bio Armor.

Also changed from Barrage on both Quantum and Volente to Energy Punch - its just a quicker power and better IMO - Barrage isn't a bad choice here either - just not my cup of tea.

Update 3/30/2024

- Updated all Tanker builds - also removed everything else until I can revise to be current.  Some Tanker builds were also renamed because - well I just didn't like their identity.  lol

Update 3/18/2024

- Updated Tanker Armor Rankings

- Build updates coming soon - what is below is out of date, but still will get you close to the mark. 

- If anything specific is needed please dont hesitate to ask.

The most reliable and durable are Infinitum/ Nova Infinitum/ Captain Infinitum/ Captain Starburst/Magnus Invictus/Brikhouse/Quantum Infinitum.

The most devastating are - Coming Soon

The most fun IMO is Ultra Infinitum - However, Revamped Energy Melee has made any of the EM characters a contender in this category just from sheer play strategy (active target selection and power rotation) and free feel of flow.  But honestly every time in play any of these builds I haven't played in a while it's the most fun ever anyway. lol  Ikari Kanri and Fulminare are now right up there with the fun factor that Ultra Infinitum has IMO.

Hope you enjoy these, and hope they help, if you have any questions feel free to ask.  @Infinitum - Excelsior Server

Hail to the King Baby - Welcome to Tankerdom!

Infinitum - Tanker (Invulnerability - Super Strength).mbd ---- My first ever 50 Live and Homecoming.  Really solid. 

Invulnerability/Super Strength

Nova Infinitum - Tanker (Invulnerability - Energy Melee).mbd---- My Second ever 50 Live and Homecoming.  As solid as Infinitum, but with the single target destruction from Energy Melee.  One of my go-to Tankers

Invulnerability/Energy Melee

Captain Infinitum - Tanker (Shield Defense - Street Justice).mbd---- Ultra Reliable, not held back by not having a heal - cause you usually can work your way out of any situation by outlasting the bad guys.

Shield Defense/Street Justice

Ultra Infinitum - Tanker (Shield Defense - Electric Melee).mbd---- Really fun AOE shred anything but a boss build - every 30 seconds you are like a battle ship firing a broadside.

Shield Defense/Electric Melee

Alpha Infinitum - Tanker (Electric Armor - Psionic Melee).mbd---- Solid Build, Psi Melee is a high damage set with awesome graphics and effects to go with it..

Electric Armor/Psionic Melee

Omega Infinitum - Tanker (Dark Armor - Dark Melee).mbd---- really fun Dark Brawler esque build - very solid with ToF Buff, despite the shadow maul nerf - Dark IMO is the best Resistance Set.

Dark Armor/Dark Melee

Absolute Infinitum - Tanker (Ice Armor - Ice Melee).mbd---- Ice Ice Baby - Very solid survivable Tanker build - that can debuff, slow and control enemies as well.  Very fun indeed!

Ice Armor/Ice Melee

Turbo Infinitum - Tanker (Fiery Aura - Fire Melee).mbd ---- Triple fire - burn baby burn - has improved significantly since fire was buffed.

Fiery Aura/Fire Melee

Paladin Infinitum - Tanker (Shield Defense - Broadsword).mbd---- I think this will be the final iteration of Paladin Infinitum - he has a shield - he has a sword.  Nuff said.

Shield Defense/Broadsword

Quantum Infinitum - Tanker (Super Reflexes - Energy Melee).mbd---- This could be one of my strongest Infinitum variants - the more I play SR the more I like it - and learn how unkillable it is.

Super Reflexes/Energy Melee

Lodestarr - Tanker (Fiery Aura - Energy Melee).mbd---- This could be one of the most devastating Tanker builds I have made - combining the AOE and extra damage from Fiery Aura, with the ST capability from Energy Melee - yeah its pretty ruthless.

Fiery Aura/Energy Melee

Magnus Obsidian - Tanker (Shield Defense - Dark Melee).mbd---- Some time ago someone posted a build request for a Shield/Dark Tanker - and honestly it looks like on paper it would have awesome synergy - so Magnus Obsidian was born.

Shield Defense/Dark Melee

Magnus Invictus - Tanker (Shield Defense - Energy Melee).mbd---- Keeping with the Shield trend - I wanted to try Shield/EM - and it has the awesome single target capability of EM with the added damage boost, survivability and AOE with Shield.

Shield Defense/Energy Melee

Radianite - Tanker (Radiation Armor - Radiation Melee).mbd---- Solid - multi tiered mitigation now 90% Res across the board except for Cold - also great damage

Radiation Armor/Radiation Melee

Novakick - Tanker (Shield Defense - Martial Arts).mbd---- I built this one for my youngest son a while back.  It worked well, but like most kids they lose interest fast - Its a solid build with a fun theme.

Shield Defense/Martial Arts

Brikhouse - Tanker (Invulnerability - Street Justice).mbd ---- My wife's Brawler Tank - Street Justice

Invulnerability/Street Justice

Eternal Patriot - Tanker (Shield Defense - Super Strength).mbd---- I wanted to see how this pair worked together because I had heard good things - and it is very strong both offensively and defensively.  You just have to watch for the rage - and often double rage crash.

Shield Defense/Super Strength

Invictan - Tanker (Shield Defense - Axe).mbd---- It looks like I am testing to see how well ANY set works with Shield - but come on - its a battle axe... and a shield.

Shield Defense/Battle Axe

Laceritus - Tanker (Bio Armor - Savage Melee).mbd---- And here we go - this is one ferocious tanker - fast and fluid, daring anything to try to kill him.

Bio Armor/Savage Melee

Volente - Tanker (Bio Armor - Energy Melee).mbd---- Another Bio Tanker - just as ferocious as the one above but more single target oriented with Energy Melee - fast and fluid boss killer

Bio Armor/Energy Melee

More to come later - I promise.

If you see anything not listed just reply and I will post and updated version of what you are looking for.

Thanks for Looking!

hey boss, im in the market for an end game tanker build something fun like ice armor maybe just because i dont have one, i noticed you had a ice/ice build and wanted to know is it worth it to make a ice/ice or a ice tank in general ? if so which do recommend ?

I've recently had alot of fun soloing +4/x8 ITF with a SD/MA tanker, and I was wondering if you guys have any recommendations for other combos of tankers that have decent damage output but can safely solo +4/x8 content in a similar fashion? just trying to branch out a little. Looking through this thread, I've never played SR on a tanker so might give that a try. 

• 2 weeks later

Hi everyone,

I just completed my first tanker and have him mostly IO'd out (i am missing two purple sets). He is a shiled/fire tank and i am looking for some feedback. I understand that i should be able to pretty easily do +4/x8 content, but i seem to struggle a bit.

Here is the build. I do not have any incarnate slots built yet. The two sets i am missing are the set in combustion and shield charge.  I feel like i probably need more procs in but then i am giving up good set bonuses.  Any feedback would be appreciated.

image.thumb.png.d685a631b30c7e685eed1910de228258.png

Tanker (Shield Defense - Fiery Melee)- forum updates.mbd

On 7/29/2024 at 10:49 AM, Griffin said:

I understand that i should be able to pretty easily do +4/x8 content, but i seem to struggle a bit.

Having a good build is great.

That said, it takes practice to master a new character. You've been around, you likely know this.

Doing something like 2x4 or 3x4, then working up to 4x8 can be a quick way to find your current sweet spot and then raise difficulty from there.

Side note, that's a lot of +5s. I typically only have +5s in Hasten.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

11 hours ago, Troo said:

Side note, that's a lot of +5s. I typically only have +5s in Hasten.

My mids wont let me increase the level of my IOs using the shift + or whatever the shortcut is. I have to set them all to +5 with the drop down menu haha. I don't have them all like that in game, just hasten and the end reduction in against all odds. 

11 hours ago, Troo said:

Having a good build is great.

That said, it takes practice to master a new character.

This is a fair point.  I got those last two purple sets and have been playing the toon and he definitely performs better with those sets. I really underestimated those set bonuses and procs.  

that said, any feedback on incarnates would be welcome. I currently have a t3 cardiac but not sure if that is the best route. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you for the phenomenal build advice and guidance Infinitum, Hyperstrike, et al.....  I am going to post an image for a friend of the Invictan Shield/Battle Axe build you created.

image.thumb.png.879c83c302f60fe8f1670140fd67f142.png

1 hour ago, DaddyLee said:

What do you think should be dropped to pick up Taunt?

Dump fly.  With the improvement for travel, the slightly faster Fly speed, is less useful.  ANd if your purpose is to just stack defense, it isn't terribly necessary.

• Thumbs Up 1

Been looking for a solid solo tanker build with either SR or Dark armor, and preferably either MA, savage melee or staff (in that order). Looking to be able to ideally solo any content at the end-game, albeit not needing to be speedy about it!

Any suggestions?

I'm also open to scrapper or brute if they'd be a better option!

Edited by kelmein

• 2 weeks later

I've been using @Infinitum's  Elec Armor/Psi Melee + Super Reflexes/Energy Melee builds to cobble together a Super Reflexes/Psi Melee build to try out. The positional Defense values are similar in both my build and his, but the Resistances are over 20% different across the board, with mine being on the short end of that stick. I should note that I did identical slotting in SR and near identical for PsiMelee, I just avoided the Franken-slotted Total Focus equivalent power that ended up being 6% Tox/Psio resist, which wouldn't account for a 20+% difference in all other resists. I'm not expecting any numbers here to be exactly the same, but it feels like that's too big a difference to be one simple set I overlooked. So I feel like I'm missing some crucial piece of this puzzle, and I'd love to know what that is. 

Here's the best side-by-side I can come up with:

SR-PSIMELEE.png

Quantum Infinitum.png

Dang, my hard drive crashed and I lost all the fantastic builds I had downloaded, only to discover the brute SS/Invul build I was working on is gone =(. Infinitum has some of the best builds, to the point I'm considering making a tanker and working on that until those builds are reposted, lol. Oh well.

4 hours ago, HunterIV4 said:

Dang, my hard drive crashed and I lost all the fantastic builds I had downloaded, only to discover the brute SS/Invul build I was working on is gone =(. Infinitum has some of the best builds, to the point I'm considering making a tanker and working on that until those builds are reposted, lol. Oh well.

Uhhhhh....

image.png.3c920b31bfb87808aac93ea6506ced12.png

28 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

Uhhhhh....

image.png.3c920b31bfb87808aac93ea6506ced12.png

Believe it or not, I did try that. The only brute builds left are some katana and energy melee builds; the SS/invul brute build is gone and I can't find a copy on the tanker or brute forums that is the same build I was making before (originally from this thread).

If you have it or can find it, I'd appreciate a link, but as far as I can tell it was removed completely (see the note by Infinitum that he removed all non-tanker builds on 3/30/24).

If I were building the brute and I were new…which I am, I would review the very first post and download the first build and flip the power sets. The build is in the first post of This amazing thread. Also, @Hyperstrike has an Invul framework thread that works for any archetype. My wife and I both have Invul tanks based on @Hyperstrike’s framework and shield tanks based on Infinitum’s framework. You can not go wrong with either. They are demigods.  They only die when I do something stupid which is fairly often but is entirely fun. 
@Sovera has amazing walkthroughs of how to earn capital to finance your builds which are fantastic. He also has some great stone and fire builds. 
@Pulverizer has some excellent ones as well. Honestly, the veterans on here are extremely helpful to us new/returning players and their insight is invaluable. To find these treasures, it takes time to search through the various threads, but it is time well spent and the tasty tidbits of knowledge will help you in all your builds across all archetypes. Good luck!

Transform and Roll Out!

On 9/1/2024 at 11:55 AM, HunterIV4 said:

Believe it or not, I did try that. The only brute builds left are some katana and energy melee builds; the SS/invul brute build is gone and I can't find a copy on the tanker or brute forums that is the same build I was making before (originally from this thread).

If you have it or can find it, I'd appreciate a link, but as far as I can tell it was removed completely (see the note by Infinitum that he removed all non-tanker builds on 3/30/24).

Still there.