Staff/Dark Recovery Woes

Hey there!

I play a Staff Fighting/Dark Armor Brute who is level 23 and I am having a hard time with recovery.  I really loved dark armor in early levels, he was frequently melting the souls of his enemies.  I have 3 slotted Stamina with lvl 25 EndMod IOs and have 2 Endurance Reduction IOs in each of my toggles with 1 ER IO in each of my AOE attacks.  With these enhancements it is STILL impossible for me to fight in Staff Mastery forms other than Form of the Soul.  Even while FotS is active, my endurance runs out by the 2nd-3rd group of enemies while in a team.  If I try to use any other form, my endurance runs out before my first fight is over.  The effects and damage that he does while dumping his endurance is insane, but then all of my toggles go down and I am useless with no way to return, other than to rest and loose my fury bar.  I even turn toggles on/off depending on the enemies I fight without much of an impact.  What is killing my endurance, my clicks or my toggles?  I still really like this character, but I need some help with slotting enhancements and abilities that could help my current situation.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thank you!

Dark Armor in infamous for its endurance consumption.

I’d look at endredux in attacks other than your AOEs.  Put one in every attack minimum - if that doesnt work, try two (Brutes, inasmuch as they rely on Fury for a damage buff, have more headroom for slotting things other than damage in attacks - though youll still want damage)

Note that at your level, SOs are still outperforming IOs (though likely not enough to justify a switch back to SOs at this point).

While General gets more eyeballs, the Brute-Specific forums may draw commenters more knowledgable than I.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

I’d look at endredux in attacks other than your AOEs.  Put one in every attack minimum - if that doesnt work, try two

Pretty much this. You don't need two EndRdx in your toggles. Toggles cost so little to begin with that you won't see much end recovery from 2 slotting them. In fact, you'd probably see way more endurance not even slotting EndRdx at all in toggles and 2 slotting all your attacks for it.

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

I’d look at endredux in attacks other than your AOEs.  Put one in every attack minimum - if that doesnt work, try two

Pretty much this. You don't need two EndRdx in your toggles. Toggles cost so little to begin with that you won't see much end recovery from 2 slotting them. In fact, you'd probably see way more endurance not even slotting EndRdx at all in toggles and 2 slotting all your attacks for it.

Awesome, so my attacks are fired off more quickly than the fraction of a percent of endurance per second that toggles use.  That is totally burning my endurance.  Especially in other staff forms.  That makes a lot of sense.  Thank you!

Note that at your level, SOs are still outperforming IOs (though likely not enough to justify a switch back to SOs at this point).

I dispute this statement. 32% vs 33% is not significant enough to refer to level 25 generic IOs as being outperformed. Two and three part set IOs markedly exceed SO values at that point.

Also while it may be better to slot end redux in this character's attacks it's always worth actually looking at the end cost of any toggle because thorughout all the sets there's a couple that are abnormally expensive.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

One end redux in toggles and one in attacks. I've never felt the end to go with two in an attack unless at DO level. Make sure the single target attacks are slotted as well since they should be getting the most use.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

In addition to what others have said I'll add it's worth slotting the Miracle +Recovery and Numina +Regen/Recovery IOs in Health. Having both of those gives an additional +25% recovery (equivalent to unslotted stamina) which makes a significant difference.

Defender Smash!

All the above is true, but really Dark Armor tends to have it's users sucking wind badly for quite some time. The health recovery power is a must have, but damn expensive even if slotted for endurance redux. Things do get better, but not until the late 20's I believe. And even then you'll be heavily slotting for end redux.