Rad:

• 75% S/L/F
  • 69.9% Energy
  • 57.1% Negative
  • 43.9% Cold
  • 30.3% Psi
  • 70.4% Toxic
  • WITH CARDIAC (+resist)

Both have similar Defense values (soft capped melee/s/l, 20-30% elsewhere - but rad has lower damage due to incarnate.

Obviously, electric wins with defensive stats/damage(not considering the addition of a 290 pbaoe)  -- but how does the rest of the set compare?

Basically, trading

• 20% recharge
  • power sink
  • Energize

for a

1. pbaoe mini-nuke (slotted for set bonus, not procs)
  2. Absorb shield/Recovery buff
  3. Radiation therapy (not sure how much end recovery this adds-does it need acc? mids doesnt list an acc but it takes enhancements...)
  4. Gamma boost 

With all the psi damage later in the game (illusion people, arachnos) the psi resistance being so high on elec intrigues me -- but I also experienced a LOT of endurance drain on my former stalker (/regen lol) from mobs that resulted in bad times... so the EndDrain Resist intrigues me of electricity... but it kind of seems like Rad might have enough endurance recovery/cardiac in the above to be pretty stable overall  (and it looks like Gamma Boost has 57% resistance to drains?) and not have to worry about it? (I HATE running out of end/having to watch the bar, so keep that in mind).

So the question is - um, are the things rad bringing going to outweigh the things electricity are bringing? It seems if i want resist elec is pretty darn strong at it.... so it SEEMS more survivable, but rad has the absorb/regen to help too.... cannot decide!

Edited by seresibyl3

They are very similar in some ways, and you pretty much hit all the differences. I generally simplify the choice this way: if I must have more rech or I never want to be drained I go with elec; if I need more AoE I go with rad.

Rad has good end tools and some resist to end drain, but it is still possible to be drained given enough hits. Elec cannot be drained by outside sources.

However, rad gets a little more healing and a t9 without a crash. Pick your poison.

24 minutes ago, Microcosm said:

They are very similar in some ways, and you pretty much hit all the differences. I generally simplify the choice this way: if I must have more rech or I never want to be drained I go with elec; if I need more AoE I go with rad.

Rad has good end tools and some resist to end drain, but it is still possible to be drained given enough hits. Elec cannot be drained by outside sources.

However, rad gets a little more healing and a t9 without a crash. Pick your poison.

Thanks, I am going to give a rad (it's a little more 'exciting' than elec) for now... if I find end to be a problem, I'll be remaking again lol... (I AE farm to 50+60emp and then try them out and reroll if I don't like it)...  I just get really concerned at Endurance (again, I HATE having to throttle for it). So I HOPE Rad can give me enough to get through...!

Edited by seresibyl3

• 2 weeks later

I have both an Electric Armor and a Radiation Armor TANK, and play both a lot (my two most-played tanks).  Both are incarnate, etc.

Rad is more survivable.  Period.   ElecA has the -recov/-end protection like no other, but still needs KB IO's so you don't get "swatted" when jumping.  Grounded is annoying as all hell.

Rad also gets TWO (2) mini-nukes:  Radiation Therapy and Ground Zero.  The OP completely missed the heal-nuke.

ElecA can easily skip Power Sink, it's not very helpful, really.  Other things drain end better, and why are you wasting attack-time draining end on a stalker?  Energize's end discount helps there anyway.

I would definitely, without a doubt rule RAD >> ELEC every day of the week.

5 minutes ago, r0y said:

I have both an Electric Armor and a Radiation Armor TANK, and play both a lot (my two most-played tanks).  Both are incarnate, etc.

Rad is more survivable.  Period.   ElecA has the -recov/-end protection like no other, but still needs KB IO's so you don't get "swatted" when jumping.  Grounded is annoying as all hell.

Rad also gets TWO (2) mini-nukes:  Radiation Therapy and Ground Zero.  The OP completely missed the heal-nuke.

ElecA can easily skip Power Sink, it's not very helpful, really.  Other things drain end better, and why are you wasting attack-time draining end on a stalker?  Energize's end discount helps there anyway.

I would definitely, without a doubt rule RAD >> ELEC every day of the week.

It is probably good that we cannot completely suppress the SFX on Rad and Bio, or they would likely eat every other armor set in the game.

• Like 2

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

*The OP*

I ended up making a Psi/Rad which is like unkillable and enjoyable - with endless endurance (yay). I also made an Ice/Bio which is also great fun, lol Needless to say, rad did what I wanted it to do. 

Just gonna save /elec for a Sentinel one day when I feel like playing it since it gets to sit at 800% regen the whole time

• 2 months later
On 7/7/2020 at 8:18 AM, kiramon said:

*The OP*

I ended up making a Psi/Rad which is like unkillable and enjoyable - with endless endurance (yay). I also made an Ice/Bio which is also great fun, lol Needless to say, rad did what I wanted it to do. 

Just gonna save /elec for a Sentinel one day when I feel like playing it since it gets to sit at 800% regen the whole time

This is very much a necro, but would you mind sharing your Psi/Rad build?  I'm building one myself (currently level 28), and I'd love some guidance.

On 9/7/2020 at 3:19 PM, Qabal said:

This is very much a necro, but would you mind sharing your Psi/Rad build?  I'm building one myself (currently level 28), and I'd love some guidance.

This may or may not be the final build I ended up with... not sure.

Spoiler

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Stalker
Primary Power Set: Psionic Melee
Secondary Power Set: Radiation Armor
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Body Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Psi Blade -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(36), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(36)
Level 1: Hide -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Telekinetic Blow -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17)
Level 4: Gamma Boost -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), PrfShf-End%(37), PrfShf-EndMod(42)
Level 6: Assassin's Psi Blade -- SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(A), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(7), Hct-Dmg(13), Hct-Dam%(15), Hct-Acc/Rchg(15)
Level 8: Concentration -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(9), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(9), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(11), GssSynFr--Build%(11), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(13)
Level 10: Alpha Barrier -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(39), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(39), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(40), UnbGrd-Max HP%(40), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 12: Proton Armor -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(46), TtnCtn-ResDam(46), TtnCtn-EndRdx/Rchg(48), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 14: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Fallout Shelter -- ImpArm-ResPsi(A), Ags-Psi/Status(45)
Level 18: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(21), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(21), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(23), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(23)
Level 20: Radiation Therapy -- ThfofEss-+End%(A), ThfofEss-Heal(42), ThfofEss-Heal/Rchg(43)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(37), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(39)
Level 24: Cross Punch -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), Obl-Acc/Rchg(25), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(31), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Obl-%Dam(34)
Level 26: Greater Psi Blade -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(27), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(31)
Level 28: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Mass Levitate -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), FrcFdb-Rechg%(34)
Level 35: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 38: Particle Shielding -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(45), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(45), Prv-Heal/Rchg(46), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(50), Prv-Absorb%(50)
Level 41: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 44: Superior Conditioning -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 47: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(48)
Level 49: Ground Zero -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(43), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), Obl-%Dam(50)
Level 1: Assassination 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(3)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(3), PwrTrns-+Heal(5)
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon 
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:

• 12.5% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 12.5% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 12.5% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 12.5% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 12.5% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 12.5% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 12.5% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 12.5% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • 31.63% Defense(Smashing)
  • 31.63% Defense(Lethal)
  • 14.75% Defense(Fire)
  • 14.75% Defense(Cold)
  • 7.25% Defense(Energy)
  • 7.25% Defense(Negative)
  • 6% Defense(Psionic)
  • 34.75% Defense(Melee)
  • 8.5% Defense(Ranged)
  • 16% Defense(AoE)
  • 1.8% Max End
  • 63% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • 8.75% Enhancement(Max EnduranceDiscount)
  • 58.75% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 30% SpeedFlying
  • GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance, if Scourge)
  • 153.6 HP (12.76%) HitPoints
  • 30% JumpHeight
  • 30% SpeedJumping
  • MezResist(Confused) 76.25%
  • MezResist(Held) 76.25%
  • MezResist(Immobilized) 76.25%
  • MezResist(Sleep) 76.25%
  • MezResist(Stunned) 76.25%
  • MezResist(Terrorized) 76.25%
  • MezResist(Teleport) 100% (20% chance)
  • 18.5% (0.31 End/sec) Recovery
  • 10% (0.5 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 30% ResEffect(SpeedFlying)
  • 30% ResEffect(RechargeTime)
  • 30% ResEffect(SpeedRunning)
  • 17.75% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 17.75% Resistance(Lethal)
  • 34.25% Resistance(Fire)
  • 34.25% Resistance(Cold)
  • 14% Resistance(Energy)
  • 14% Resistance(Negative)
  • 11.75% Resistance(Toxic)
  • 22.75% Resistance(Psionic)
  • 30% SpeedRunning

7 hours ago, kiramon said:

This may or may not be the final build I ended up with... not sure.

Reveal hidden contents

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Stalker
Primary Power Set: Psionic Melee
Secondary Power Set: Radiation Armor
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Body Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Psi Blade -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(36), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(36)
Level 1: Hide -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Telekinetic Blow -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17)
Level 4: Gamma Boost -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), PrfShf-End%(37), PrfShf-EndMod(42)
Level 6: Assassin's Psi Blade -- SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(A), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(7), Hct-Dmg(13), Hct-Dam%(15), Hct-Acc/Rchg(15)
Level 8: Concentration -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(9), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(9), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(11), GssSynFr--Build%(11), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(13)
Level 10: Alpha Barrier -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(39), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(39), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(40), UnbGrd-Max HP%(40), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 12: Proton Armor -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(46), TtnCtn-ResDam(46), TtnCtn-EndRdx/Rchg(48), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 14: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Fallout Shelter -- ImpArm-ResPsi(A), Ags-Psi/Status(45)
Level 18: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(21), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(21), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(23), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(23)
Level 20: Radiation Therapy -- ThfofEss-+End%(A), ThfofEss-Heal(42), ThfofEss-Heal/Rchg(43)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(37), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(39)
Level 24: Cross Punch -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), Obl-Acc/Rchg(25), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(31), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Obl-%Dam(34)
Level 26: Greater Psi Blade -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(27), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(31)
Level 28: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Mass Levitate -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), FrcFdb-Rechg%(34)
Level 35: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 38: Particle Shielding -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(45), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(45), Prv-Heal/Rchg(46), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(50), Prv-Absorb%(50)
Level 41: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 44: Superior Conditioning -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 47: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(48)
Level 49: Ground Zero -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(43), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), Obl-%Dam(50)
Level 1: Assassination 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(3)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(3), PwrTrns-+Heal(5)
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon 
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:

• 12.5% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 12.5% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 12.5% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 12.5% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 12.5% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 12.5% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 12.5% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 12.5% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • 31.63% Defense(Smashing)
  • 31.63% Defense(Lethal)
  • 14.75% Defense(Fire)
  • 14.75% Defense(Cold)
  • 7.25% Defense(Energy)
  • 7.25% Defense(Negative)
  • 6% Defense(Psionic)
  • 34.75% Defense(Melee)
  • 8.5% Defense(Ranged)
  • 16% Defense(AoE)
  • 1.8% Max End
  • 63% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • 8.75% Enhancement(Max EnduranceDiscount)
  • 58.75% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 30% SpeedFlying
  • GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance, if Scourge)
  • 153.6 HP (12.76%) HitPoints
  • 30% JumpHeight
  • 30% SpeedJumping
  • MezResist(Confused) 76.25%
  • MezResist(Held) 76.25%
  • MezResist(Immobilized) 76.25%
  • MezResist(Sleep) 76.25%
  • MezResist(Stunned) 76.25%
  • MezResist(Terrorized) 76.25%
  • MezResist(Teleport) 100% (20% chance)
  • 18.5% (0.31 End/sec) Recovery
  • 10% (0.5 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 30% ResEffect(SpeedFlying)
  • 30% ResEffect(RechargeTime)
  • 30% ResEffect(SpeedRunning)
  • 17.75% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 17.75% Resistance(Lethal)
  • 34.25% Resistance(Fire)
  • 34.25% Resistance(Cold)
  • 14% Resistance(Energy)
  • 14% Resistance(Negative)
  • 11.75% Resistance(Toxic)
  • 22.75% Resistance(Psionic)
  • 30% SpeedRunning

Thank you for sharing that.  Do you recall if you needed the extra endurance from from Superior Conditioning and Physical Perfection?  I was thinking of taking Moonbeam and Shadow Meld with those slots.

6 hours ago, Qabal said:

Thank you for sharing that.  Do you recall if you needed the extra endurance from from Superior Conditioning and Physical Perfection?  I was thinking of taking Moonbeam and Shadow Meld with those slots.

I don’t think either matter, as you don’t really need either. I just prefer never to worry about a blue bar,