Suggestion: Character Origin change

I built up a character and started him as a natural origin, then started to play and remembered some storylines I forgot about. Then realized he would be better suited as a magic origin based on the new origin story I wanted to give him. However, there isn't a way in game where I can change the origin type of a character.

I would like to see an option sometime in the future to be able to change origins :)

So back on live the response from the devs is that doing this would be a HUGE undertaking and require way more effort than would be justified. Apparently the issue was that origin was pretty heavily baked into the character database (since it was originally intended to be more important) so changing it was incredibly difficult without screwing things up.

Defender Smash!

This would break things like the free starting powers, etc.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 2 weeks later

You can now change your origin attack power at any time, at the Pay2Win vendor. You have to drop the old one, but then you can pick any one of them you want to replace it. You can also swap around things like Blackwand and the Nemisis staff at any time.

The one actual issue I can think of that makes changing origins a little more complicated than swapping Blackwand for a Nemisis staff is: if you change origins, what happens to IOs you have slotted that aren't compatible with your new origin? For this reason I'd suggest that changing origins should be added to, and ONLY allowed in, the respec process.

there isn't a way in game where I can change the origin type of a character.

There is. You can delete your character (make sure to transfer existing items you want to keep to an alt first!) and remake them as the origin you want. This also gives you the benefit of being able to experience the incredibly varied and well-written wealth of low-level, non-DFB content that the game has all over again! No matter what, you win.