How's it look?

magicjtv

An new version of the website is up at https://hero-www.herokuapp.com/#/

New Powers Database

In order to solve a variety of issues, extensive changes were made to the powers database. It is now about 1/15th its original size. This was done without using any compression.

Size Of Old Powers Database: >155.0 MB

Size Of New Powers Database: 10.8 MB

Effects Of New Database

• The Database API server is no longer needed. It's gone.
  • Database is now part of the web app itself. It gets downloaded and installed locally along with the rest of the app.
  • All CORS issues are solved because there is no REST server to have CORS issues.
  • Paves the way for making the web site a Progressive App. Progressive Apps, which are supported by the Quasar framework used by this app, can be run offline and can even be 'installed' on a device like a regular app. This also provides yet another option for making the app cross-platform.
  • Dramatically improves response time. Because everything is local, no round trips are needed and information about a specific build can be stored to reduce the calculations needed. This lowered the response time for the Power Set Picker from over 20 seconds to less than 1 second.
  • All Rust code is gone. Most of the Rust code ran on the REST server and dealt with handing the database. With the REST server gone, the benefits of using Rust didn't outweigh the drawbacks. The app is now 100% Javascript. Rust may get reintroduced if we hit a situation that can benefit from its fast execution (Example: AI Wizard)

This was a huge change that rippled through everything, so it was all I got done this week. Now I'll start on saving builds. In the meantime, please feel free to offer feedback on the website.

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 12.51.58 PM.png

• Like 2

A new version of the website is up at https://hero-www-server.herokuapp.com/

The new features this week are saving and loading a toon, and the ability to add notes to your toon. There's also the start of an Account system as well as a few tweaks to themes.

Saving and Loading a Toon

To load a previously saved toon, use the Mid's Reborn button. This brings up an Open File dialog. Toon files have a .hero extension. These files are not compatible with the desktop version. That will come later.

Screen Shot 2020-09-13 at 1.01.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-13 at 1.02.04 AM.png

To save a Toon, use the Save button in the header of the Toon page. This is one of two new buttons in the header. The other is the Notes button.

Screen Shot 2020-09-13 at 1.03.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-13 at 1.02.50 AM.png

Notes

If you're like me, you have so many toons that you forget what your plans were with them all. Notes can help solve this problem.

You add notes to your toon by clicking the Notes button in the header of the Toon page. Notes are saved with the toon. There's a WYSIWYG editor for the notes. Clicking Cancel takes you back to the Toon page without saving the notes. Clicking Done saves the notes and takes you back to the Toon page.

Screen Shot 2020-09-13 at 1.03.19 AM.png

Accounts

Accounts aren't functional yet. They will be required if you want to add toons to HeroBase, rate toons in HeroBase, or mark a HeroBase toon as a favorite.

You will not need an account for any other features.

Goals for Next Week

Be able to add slots (sans Enhancements). Accounts fully functional.

Sample Hero File

Screen Shot 2020-09-13 at 1.02.39 AM.png

MyHero.hero

Edited by magicjtv
  • Like 1

Status for this week:

I've been on a job interview that has lasted for over a week, so I didn't get much done this week. The code that will give us a free cloud database is written and 90% tested.

Last week's goals are carrying over to this week.

Status for this week:

A new version of the web server is up at https://www-hero-web-server.herokuapp.com/#/

• Code for cloud database complete.
  • User accounts now working. You can:
    • Create an account
    • Change account information
    • Sign in
    • Sign out
    • Request password reset

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 11.54.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 11.54.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 11.54.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 11.54.37 PM.png

Edited by magicjtv
  • Like 2

Status for this week:

A new version of the web server is up at https://www-hero-web-server.herokuapp.com/#/

This version...

• Adds tooltips to powers, power entries, and power sets. Tooltips will supplement the upcoming info boxes, not replace them. Info boxes will provide more detailed info than the tooltips do.
  • Adds the ability to add (empty) slots to a power.
  • Provides an indicator showing at what level each slot was added.
  • Provides an indicator showing how many slots can be added to the build. This appears as a number in the unslotted button of a power entry.

Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 7.18.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 7.19.04 PM.png

Goals for next week:

Enhancement Picker

Edited by magicjtv
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, magicjtv said:

This week was running ToTs. And the upcoming week will probably also be running ToTs. I'll update the status again once those are done.

I like the idea of you taking the time to enjoy the game. All work and no play...

• Like 3

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

• 2 weeks later

Ok, I finally got my toons to where I want them. Coding will resume tomorrow.

Edit: sorry guys, I found some old toons that needed updating. Once that's done I'll start coding again.

Edited by magicjtv
  • Like 3

• Bopper unpinned this topic