First time Peacebringer help

Played the past year or so on here trying every other AT through numerous alts. Decided it was time to roll a PB. 

I am looking for any advice or leveling builds to help me get started and figure this out. 

Any tips or advice for playstyle. Melee vs ranged. Nova/dwarf forms. Any powers must have or skipable? What pool powers work best or synergize well. 

Also I find it a bit weird that this is the only AT with a special enemy in groups that deal so much extra damage. What is the best way to deal with that? 

I appreciate any help or advice. 

7 hours ago, graeberguinn said:

I am looking for any advice or leveling builds to help me get started and figure this out. 

Any tips or advice for playstyle. Melee vs ranged. 

Also I find it a bit weird that this is the only AT with a special enemy in groups that deal so much extra damage. What is the best way to deal with that? 

#1 Make a targeting macro for Quantums. Attack them head on, if they get off the first shot you are already fighting a losing battle. Keep a reserve of a few inspirations in case one catches you off guard.

#2 Design a build before you start leveling, then stick to it. If you just randomly pick a power as you go along you will end up with a horrible mutant khedian that will have problems being successful.

#3 If you ever get mez'd, shift into Dwarf to extricate yourself (provided you picked the Dwarf power). 

I went with a theme where my PB was in human form as little as possible. I essentially leveled as a squid (all slots went into that form and associated powers), then back filled with Dwarf. To supplement either of those forms I chose as many click powers to prep engagements. Plus all of the purple set IOs & ATOs go into powers you are definitely going to use. 

• Glinting Eye
  • Incandescence
  • Gleaming Bolt
  • Essence Boost
  • Bright Nova
  • Hasten
  • Pacify
  • Inner Light
  • Provoke
  • Unrelenting
  • Pulsar
  • White Dwarf
  • Super Speed
  • Conserve Energy
  • Burnout
  • Spirit Ward
  • Arcane Bolt
  • Photon Seekers
  • Restore Essence
  • Light Form
  • Dawn Strike
  • Rune of Protection
  • Incandescent Strike
  • Glowing Touch

The most basic decision you will have to make that will fundamentally shape your build and playstyle is do you go with nova/dwarf or human only?  Both are viable, so it's really a matter of personal preference, but they are entirely different paths.

If you go with forms, then the only "must have" powers that aren't already built into the forms are Glinting Eye (can be used in nova and is the most powerful single target attack in that form), Inner Light, and Light Form.  However, the human melee attacks are strong (as are the pets and nuke), and there is certainly utility in the secondary set (e.g., Essence Boost, Reform Essence, Quantum Acceleration, etc.).  If you go human-only, then you are probably going to want most of the human attacks (except Gleaming Bolt and Proton Scatter), as well as the shields from the secondary set (at least until you get Light Form).

Either way, powers to avoid (IMHO) include the aforementioned Bolt and Scatter, Pulsar, Glowing Touch, and of course Group Flight.  Recharge is your best friend, so other than Hasten (ignore Red's posts about not taking Hasten for now 😄) you will need a few LOTG mules.  You can run into End issues, especially as human-only, so make sure to invest in slots/enh for that.

Also either way, pay attention to and utilize the benefits of your inherent power, Cosmic Balance.  It can make you very durable or an offensive beast (or a balance between the two) all by itself.

Key advice - understand that this is a fundamentally different AT.  PB are meant to be flexible and adaptable (whether in forms or human, again thanks to CB).  Embrace this and you'll do well.  Ignore it and you'll just be frustrated.

• Haha 1

Between here and Discord's opt-in channel, there is a crap-tonne of help, advice and builds for you. Of course, there is no one way to play a PB/WS. I started out with a "guide" build somebody provided in the Discord, then slowly transformed it to how the character wanted itself to be played (my toons have a habit of doing that, taking on a personality). Thoroughly enjoying my human only. On my way to trying out tri-form WS. Enjoy your journey 😃

2 hours ago, dtj714 said:

Recharge is your best friend, so other than Hasten (ignore Red's posts about not taking Hasten for now 😄) you will need a few LOTG mules.

Hey!  👊

To be fair, the Lightspeed build for Peacebringer doesn't "fully" come together until you've got Superior/Purple 50 slotting fully built out ... but it IS possible to build in enough recharge to not need Hasten.  However, that's a long road.  I personally prefer to not have Hasten in my builds if I can help it and not need it, since that leaves open the autofire option for a different power.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.