Ninjas-any procs?

JnEricsonx

I proc out jounin and genin a bit. You could do oni too but I needed to place the def/res bonuses somewhere and didn’t want to gimp any of them. All the katana attacks on the jounin can proc the def debuff procs. I put shield breaker and touch of lady grey as well as a soul bound allegiance because they seem to do the most damage of the three. You can slot the -res proc but I’m storm so I put that elsewhere. The genin have a lot of kb attacks so I slotted the damage proc for that.

41 minutes ago, Uplift said:

I have the same question for Bots.  Best way to squeak some additional damage out of them? 

Frankenslot pet uniques to fit as many of them as you can and take mu so you can use electric fences to keep things in burn patches, put a soulbound allegience proc in the Assault Bot probably

Other than the pet specific proc in Soulbound Allegiance (Build Up) and the Auras buffs from the various other pet and MM sets:
Genin can fit Knockdown sets so you can get Explosive Strike Smashing damage proc
Jounin can also fit KD sets in addition to Defence Debuff which includes Touch of Lady Grey and Achilles' Heel and Accurate Defence Debuff which has Shield Breaker
Oni can also only fit Knockdown sets

2 hours ago, Nyghtmaire said:

Ninja proc analysis:

Thanks for the plug.

Ninjas, as a primary powerset, is just REALLY HARD to proc monster.  You're going to find a lot more opportunities for procs in your secondary (whatever that might be).

The reason that I say this is because Ninjas are just really ... cramped ... for slots on the Pets.  Smoke Flash is "useless" for the purpose of parking set IOs (and therefore procs) because it accepts NO SETS.  That means that EVERYTHING has to be crammed into the 3 Pet powers, and you've only got 18 total slots (maximum) to do that.  As soon as you commit to wanting to slot all 12 Mastermind ATOs into those 18 slots ... you've only got 6 slots TOTAL remaining(!).  Keep in mind that you also need to have "adequate" Accuracy, Damage and Endurance slotted into your Pet summon powers (which will then affect the Pets that are summoned) on top of everything else.  I, for one, really resent the inclusion of Recharge on the Mastermind ATOs, since that's largely "wasted" on Pet powers for Masterminds.

As you'll see in the build I posted that @Nyghtmaire so kindly linked to above, I chose this slotting ("procs" in bold for easy obviousness);

On 4/8/2020 at 8:39 AM, Redlynne said:

Level 1:    Call Genin    
 Mark of Supremacy - Accuracy/Damage
Mark of Supremacy - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
Overwhelming Force - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
Overwhelming Force - Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown
Call to Arms - Defense Bonus Aura for Pets
Soulbound Allegiance - Chance for Build Up

Mark of Supremacy
(Call Genin)
  6.25% Enhancement(RechargeTime)

Overwhelming Force
(Call Genin)
  12% (0.4 HP/sec) Regeneration

Call to Arms
(Call Genin)
  5% Defense

Level 12:    Call Jounin    
Command of the Mastermind - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
Command of the Mastermind - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
Mark of Supremacy - Damage/Endurance
Mark of Supremacy - Accuracy/Endurance
Edict of the Master - Damage
Edict of the Master - Defense Bonus

Command of the Mastermind
(Call Jounin)
  2% DamageBuff(All)

Mark of Supremacy
(Call Jounin)

Edict of the Master
(Call Jounin)
  6% SpeedJumping, 6% JumpHeight, 6% SpeedFlying, 6% SpeedRunning
  5% Defense

Level 26:    Oni    
Command of the Mastermind - Accuracy/Damage
Command of the Mastermind - Damage/Endurance
Command of the Mastermind - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
Command of the Mastermind - Recharge/Pet +AoE Defense Aura
Mark of Supremacy - Damage
Mark of Supremacy - Endurance/Pet +Resist +Regen

Command of the Mastermind

(Oni)
  2% DamageBuff(All)
  15.06 HP (1.88%) HitPoints
  7.5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  10% Defense(AoE)

Mark of Supremacy
(Oni)
  10% Resistance(All), 100% (3.35 HP/sec) Regeneration

So I've got the 2 procs from the ATO sets (part of the base 12 slot investment), plus 2 more +Defense procs added on top of that (up to 14 slots so far) ... leaving me all of FOUR(!) slots to "spend" on enhancements that aren't ATOs or Defense procs.

In my case I spent 1 extra slot on Jounin to get the set Edict of the Master 2 slot set bonus along with "enough" Damage enhancement for Jounin.

I then spent 3 extra slots on Genin to get Overwhelming Force 2-slotted (including the KB>KD proc, which is stupidly valuable for mitigation when slotted into Genin due to how rapidly they attack!) along with the Soulbound Allegiance Build Up proc (which helps them overcome their -Level deficiency for being T1 Pets due to the +ToHit and +Damage proc that lasts 10 seconds!).

Speaking just for myself, I'm finding the Overwhelming Force proc to be more valuable, in relative terms, than piling on the other +Resistance procs owing to the fact that Overwhelming Force gives me additional Accuracy, Damage and Endurance enhancement values to my Genin.  If you open the build in Mids' you'll see that this particular arrangement of slotting is relatively "balanced" around providing ... enough ... base enhancement value to Accuracy, Damage and Endurance while also attending to the other priorities of increasing mitigation to aid Pet survival rates so they won't have to be getting constantly resummoned.  In my case (obviously), I'm pairing those factors up with Time Manipulation so as to achieve NO GET HITSU!! levels of defense softcapping on the Pets via a combination of +Defense buffing (Procs, Maneuvers, Farsight, etc.) and -ToHit debuffing (Time's Juncture, etc.) with an eye towards overcapping so as to give some "margin" against the inevitable Defense debuffing and +Level shift penalties that my Ninjas will encounter so as to make their protection scheme just a little bit more redundant than it would otherwise be.  In other words, stopping at the defense softcap is fine so long as you NEVER get debuffed away from it ... and since Ninjas have no Defense Debuff Resistance worth speaking of, it's best to be (over)prepared on that score.

Anyway, as you can see, I basically "ran out of slots" to put procs into the Summon powers in the Ninjas primary.

The only other place you can put procs into your primary powerset will be in your personal attacks, and even there you are REALLY LIMITED in what you can slot in!  However, the best thing you can possibly slot into Snap Shot is the Decimation Build Up proc and then leverage it (as I detail at length in the post linked above) through combining that proc with Fistful of Arrows, because the Build Up proc will "magnify" the damage output of every hit that Fistful of Arrows makes.  That in turn makes Snap Shot into a literal force multiplier for Fistful of Arrows, which is a curious combination that I almost never see anyone doing (other than myself in my own builds, of course).  Fistful of Arrows then "returns the favor" by being slotted with a -Resistance proc for damage amplification "from the other end of the equation" (so to speak).  This way, I was able to arrange the -Resistance debuffing in such a way that it still happens, but I'm not "charging" the expense of doing it to slotting of my Pet powers, only to my personal attacks (Fistful of Arrows, in this case) and my Time Manipulation secondary (Slowed Response @ Level 35 gets the Achilles' Heel proc instead of any of the Pet powers).  That way I can better "balance the load" on slotting pressure/priorities of bringing those -Resistance procs to bear than if I tried to shoehorn them all into the Pet summon powers instead.

And that's basically it as far as proc potential goes with Ninjas.

You can put more procs into the Pet summon powers if you want, but you'll be making an "exchange" to do that which may not wind up being a positive experience for you.

Like I mentioned above, most of your proc potential with Ninjas is going to lie in your Secondary powerset, not your Primary, as a Ninja Mastermind.

Or to put it another way ...

There is MADNESS to our Methods ... YEEEeeesssssss ...

spacer.png

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.