Fix AH item price displays

MsSmart

There are times, I am trying to buy a set of enhancements for one of my many alts, but when I finally get the first item, it lists no price, says unavailable, but if I click on the one below, it may say the same thing, but if I go back and forth, then I start getting the sales history, could this bug be fixed?

Thank you

Sue

• Like 6

Its not a bug, server is not robust marathon runners like live and WoW that can host thousands with no hiccups. Slow down and be patient, its a bitch but there is not a lot of resources on a game that needs donations to run with a team of unpaid volunteers.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

Yeah I agree, if I recall correctly the reason it behaves like this is because they wanted to prevent it getting hammered with so many requests at once constantly, which it used to do under original development.  This change occurred to prevent that.

Having every player bid 1 inf to get the information to come up is forcing everyone into a coding problem workaround.  What if it sent it only once every 5 seconds, with a queue?  I have no info on the code in this regard. 

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

Mmm, Interesting

I was not aware that error or bug as I referred, as per posting above was "as intended" or a simple "after effect" of insufficient server resources. I am in position to challenge either assertion, on the other hand at 5am central time, I have the bug hit me just as often as 1pm central time, were the server loads are quite different from each other.

From my perspective, it is a bug or Quality of Life  issue, it is not by far a game breaker by any means, but as a QoL it would be nice...

Sue 

21 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

Its not a bug, server is not robust marathon runners like live and WoW that can host thousands with no hiccups. Slow down and be patient, its a bitch but there is not a lot of resources on a game that needs donations to run with a team of unpaid volunteers.

14 hours ago, JayboH said:

Yeah I agree, if I recall correctly the reason it behaves like this is because they wanted to prevent it getting hammered with so many requests at once constantly, which it used to do under original development.  This change occurred to prevent that.

Having every player bid 1 inf to get the information to come up is forcing everyone into a coding problem workaround.  What if it sent it only once every 5 seconds, with a queue?  I have no info on the code in this regard. 

Amy sources for these claims that it's not a bug and/or intentional?

On 7/3/2020 at 2:31 PM, MsSmart said:

There are times, I am trying to buy a set of enhancements for one of my many alts, but when I finally get the first item, it lists no price, says unavailable, but if I click on the one below, it may say the same thing, but if I go back and forth, then I start getting the sales history, could this bug be fixed?

Thank you

Sue

I agree, it is a rather irritating bug and I'd love for it to to fixed. Also the last 5 displaying the incorrect price should be fixed as well. Miracle Uniques do not cost 9-18 million.

On 7/5/2020 at 1:32 PM, MunkiLord said:

Amy sources for these claims that it's not a bug and/or intentional?

It's not a claim - this happened during SCORE's updates prior to the creation of Homecoming in the years following the shutdown.  The source was the lead developers for the server in forums that no longer exist due to what happened last year.  I have zero reason to make it up.  I do not recall the rate that these checks occurred however it really hammered the server and due to hardware restraints it was changed.  We are allowed to tell people we were on the server but cannot state who else was there.

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

On 7/4/2020 at 4:44 PM, Outrider_01 said:

I seem to have read something many many moons ago that part of the problem was that there wasn't a dedicated server just for the AH on HC, and there was on Live.  I don't know if that's true, but there is definitely some bleeding over from something with respect to the AH bugs.

For example:  The Famous Miracle Proc bug.  I have spent hours on this one.  I cannot find another item in the AH that has the same history as the false last 5, and I'm pretty sure I've checked them all.  

If a solution is buy a fresh server to host the AH, sign me up.  How much do you want?

Who run Bartertown?