Rad/Fire needs help finding a slow aoe pool power

Ironscarlet

So I don't like following the normal thing. Everyone going spine/fire. I did not want to go that way. I have very good success with rad melee in a tank.  Rad melee also has a aoe toggle so I thought that would be perfect and It is almost that! Great damage everything dies fast but there's a problem. What I totally forgot was the fear effect from burn. So now I have runners.

My option are really limited for a aoe immobilize or slow. I tried whirlwind but did not relies the 1.5 end cost per target hit so in huge mobs it like a end nuke for me. Anyone have any Idea maybe something I am missing from a epic pool or regular pool power.

There are reasons popular builds are popular... Spines also has an AoE toggle, 4 AoEs total, and all Spine attacks have slow built in...  Synergy is the name of the game when min/maxing a build.

However, if you enjoy your concept, stick with it!  This game is about fun, so unless min/max is your version of fun, don't sweat it.

I thought Burn had its fear effect removed the last time they updated Burn pre-shutdown.

Having a Rad/Fire Brute, I tested this morning on several groups of Freaks in Brickstown and not a single run ran from me as I stood in their midst using Burn.

Brutes have a taunt effect that Scrappers lack, by my understanding.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

Pretty much every epic pool has a ST immobilize but Darkness Mastery has Tenebrous Tentacles which is a ranged immobilize cone plus Dark Blast can also help you with runners. Leviathan Master has a KB PBAoE which you can convert into KD with a set IO, same as disruptor blast from mace mastern, a targetted aoe with KB that you can turn into KD. Possibly your best option though is Caltrops, from weapon mastery, slot it for slow movement and drop it right before burn.

On my BS/Fire, I find ducking behind corners/boxes makes burn as is super useful. The enemies will stand in it until they get lower on hp. Scaring off a few stragglers can help give me a window to recover, and behind a box they have to run back to melee range, regrouping themselves. (37 mostly solo +0 5 team size) 

Other's suggestions about epics are good, and teaming let the troller cc them first

Right now I am running caltrops like suggested  not getting the result I really wanted but it works ok.

I invested heavy in other powers  end reduction  which makes whirlwind  more efficient.  I think I am going to stick with it but I want to make its knockdown stronger.

So big question:  Iam 42  my knockdown mag is 1.85. I have knockdown because of IO switching knockback to knockdown. I slotted extra knockback enhancements  because thats sapose to help knockdown but the mag or 1.85 has not changed any idea why?