Taunt for pvp

0th Power

basically what MJB said. the myth that melee isn't viable in RV is promulgated by a small and vocal minority of inept players who want to coax developers into giving us tankmages for people who don't have any clue how to build a character (because we already have tankmages in the form of x/x/fossilize tanks/brutes with t4 incarnates).

signed,

#2011barrier

Edited by barrier
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/14/2020 at 12:00 AM, 0th Power said:

Ok this out of left field but here it goes...

Would there be a way (or would anyone want it) to make the players under taunt’s movement keys all force the player towards the tainted for the duration of the taunt?

just a thought

I was thinking more like Taunt has massive duration increase.  and maybe a recharge increase.  But I agree it needs some love.

Edited by RageusQuitus2

13 hours ago, RageusQuitus2 said:

I was thinking more like Taunt has massive duration increase.  and maybe a recharge increase.  But I agree it needs some love.

Its already perma-able, but it ends you break line of sight with the target or get out of range

actually i think its pretty easy to perma even with no io's in it

Edited by MJB

18 hours ago, RageusQuitus2 said:

The autohit -75% range and "can't attack anyone else haha" isn't enough already?

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

On 7/14/2020 at 1:00 AM, 0th Power said:

Ok this out of left field but here it goes...

Would there be a way (or would anyone want it) to make the players under taunt’s movement keys all force the player towards the tainted for the duration of the taunt?

just a thought

It is pretty comical, you can stack taunt on a person and any ranged character is forced to essentially KoB / melee range with their attacks while having none of the benefits of being melee (higher res, hp, self sustain powers etc).  Taunt in zones isn't anything crazy because nothing organized happens there. Taunt in team pvp is just broken overpowered as it lets you take your weakest player and shut down the enemy teams strongest while putting them on a nearly unkillable character.