[Speculation] Post-Night Ward Praetoria

I know that there didn't seem to be much interest among the devs in further content for Praetoria (for various reasons), but they did end up giving us both First Ward (my favorite zone) and Night Ward. Has anyone else speculated on what would have been a logical progression- or just your own fun idea- for Praetorian content after the Magician's arc in Night Ward?

Some of my own thoughts:

1) Night Ward tie-up. A short arc to tie up the loose ends of the NW zone (do the Drudges get back on track? Does the zone still exist after the last NW arc?)

1a) Shadow Earth?: Possible spinoff of #1, where we find that NW is slowly returning to the Netherworld. Could feature some more of Black Swan and/or Shadowhunter. Maybe a new zone, or else some kind of tie-in to the Shadow Shard on Blueside.

2) New Zone: Praetorian Wasteland. Populated primarily by Praetorian Devouring Earth. Missions to explore ruins of Praetorian cities and find ways to strike back at Hamidon. Could feature some new DE models, as well as Wasteland Mutants and fun stuff. Post-Apocalyptic costume pieces (that were coming down the pike). Would be a good lead-in to Number 6's arc where the heroes are saving the last remnants of Praetorian civilization.

2a) New Tokyo Warzone: Could tie into or be alternative of #2, where instead of exploring a wasteland, we have a partial wasteland and city that is constantly under siege by DE. It could be like Recluse's Victory, where the actions of heroes can either lend it to being more of a DE infested ruin, or more of a success story of the Survivors carving out a refuge for themselves. 

4) What happened to Infernal? This is a mystery that only gets further deepened by a "blink or you'll miss it" easter egg in Number 6's arc. Delving into the mystery of Praetorian Infernal could be a natural spinoff of the magical side of Praetoria that gets explored through the FW and NW arcs.

Ideally, there would be a way to continue the Resistance/Loyalist storylines, though that would also entail finding a way to include those alignments and story arcs in the existing NW/FW arcs as well.

Edited by Zombie Hustler
  • Like 1

In the various AMAs over the years, it was said that both the developers and players developed Praetoria fatigue, so they started moving to the Batallion.  However, they did want to eventually come back to Praetoria and add two new zones.

1. Neo Tokyo, level 40 to 50.  Rebuilt Tokyo that would let players see the impact of the Hamidon Wars on east Asia.

2. A new Incarnate only zone that deals with Praetorian Hamidon.  It sounds like it would have been aimed at level 50+50s.

1 hour ago, Apparition said:

1. Neo Tokyo, level 40 to 50.  Rebuilt Tokyo that would let players see the impact of the Hamidon Wars on east Asia.

They must have had a fair amount of Asia-located lore they basically abandoned when the Korean launch died a horrible death (it was cancelled during the beta). I remember the Korean trailer coming out and thinking how cool it was to see superheroes from other traditions than the American ones (and later derivatives and interpretations). I think one or two of them made it into the game as bit-parts

• Like 2
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

20 minutes ago, Gulbasaur said:

They must have had a fair amount of Asia-located lore they basically abandoned when the Korean launch died a horrible death (it was cancelled during the beta). I remember the Korean trailer coming out and thinking how cool it was to see superheroes from other traditions than the American ones (and later derivatives and interpretations). I think one or two of them made it into the game as bit-parts

Mirror Spirit in Faultline and Foreshadow somewhere in Scirocco's arcs are, so far as I recall, the last remnants of City of Hero still in the game, but I could be wrong and missing something else.

Frankly, Mirror Spirit is the only one I usually tend to encounter.

1 hour ago, Apparition said:

2. A new Incarnate only zone that deals with Praetorian Hamidon.  It sounds like it would have been aimed at level 50+50s.

Funny you should mention that: I was actually just going to suggest that there should be a Hami Raid added to Gold side, but this time make it Incarnate Hamidon. ("You think you've mastered the Hamidon Raid? Think again...!!!!")

Also, what about a PVP Loyalist/Resistance Zone: dynamic battles where Loyalists try to protect incoming supply raids, while Resistance try to steal needed supplies and ammunition; Loyalists defend outposts from Resistance invaders; etc. Real Mad Max/Road Warrior PvP raids. Would especially love it if it could somehow incorporate the Gladiator mechanics of the Arenas to allow for players to direct large groups against one another.

• Like 1

That's a very interesting idea. I'd like to see that. Current PVP zones don't do it for me, but that sounds fun.

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

There was a thread in the Suggestions & Feedback sections a while back that was more focused on being able to continue to level your Praetorians without having to migrate out of Praetoria. I felt the easier way (without having to create whole new zones, not that I wouldn't like having Neo Tokyo since that's where one of my Legacy Praetorians came from) was for a mission arc in First Ward (or Night Ward) to gain access to Anti-Matter's destroyed lab below the zone that grants access to Ouroboros and eventually Cimerora.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.