Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

1 hour ago, OldTimeRocker said:

OK Y'all are making me want to roll-up a Sentinel myself! 

Got any recommendations for powersets?

OTR

I love sentinels but then again, I'm pretty casual about the numbers for a build. I rarely use Mids, I just slot mostly sets and tweak as I go. So that said, every sentinel I've ever played is fun. Kind of a dream come true for my style of playing where I want all the protections but yet the convenience of ranged attacks. One thing I'll suggest is to choose a secondary that has some button clickies, like radiation, to keep from being bored! haha, as good as willpower is, it's kind of boring, a "set and forget" powerset, and so is regen. I find my favorite sentinels have secondaries that DO something. And I have a lot of flavors! Currently I have six L50 sentinels, and a few more in their 30s/40s. If I had to choose a favorite combination I'd say ice/rad.
(P.S. If you have a good feel for playing a blaster, you might be disappointed at the lower dps of a sentinel. I personally have never really enjoyed being so squishy so never played blasters much, either on retail or HC. So that's why I say a dream come true for me, being able to play a blaster set but with the protection secondary.)

I'd say roll up a few and see what flavor you like best!

• Like 1

I have built a couple of Sentinels that have made it to lvl50 and that come up in my rotation every once in a while. 

Water Blast / Regen is very effective, but I love Water Blast basically on any toon.

Dual Pistols / Super Reflex is fun, but pistols are fun basically on any toon. SR is a very good DEF set on Sentinels, I hear...

Seismic/Stone is thematically a very good pair. Meteor is one of the most satisfying T9s when it finally hits the ground 🙂 I launch it on a mob and follow up directly with an AoE Immob (I think I used Ice Mastery for that), so they stay all nicely put at ground zero until the ball strikes. @Jaxman100: You wouldn't happen to have a build for this combo?

I have a few Archery Sentinels at various stages of their life cycle. Archery is another set that I just like, no matter which AT. 

All that being said, my best experience on Sentinels is definitely with an Elec/Elec/Elec Build. Beats anything else you can do with Electricity on any other toon, imo! When I fire my AoE drain attack chain, it feels like every mob is exhausted within 10-12 secs. Prepare to be in the middle of things, though. Otherwise this doesn't make any sense 🙂 

• Like 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

9 hours ago, Jaxman100 said:

@Bananiac

Lady Arrow - Sentinel (Archery - Ninjitsu).mbd 42.68 kB · 0 downloads

Just exported from game and saved in a newish version of Mids. Probably needs another pass on power levels and slotting, but it's fun with Ninja Tool Mastery epic. 

This looks fun. I think I will make one of these next! Haven't started a new Sentinel in a while anyway...

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

On 12/11/2023 at 6:17 AM, Bananiac said:

Water Blast / Regen is very effective, but I love Water Blast basically on any toon.

My Ocean Goddess is water/regen ♥ her

Dual Pistols / Super Reflex is fun, but pistols are fun basically on any toon. SR is a very good DEF set on Sentinels, I hear...

SR is what I built my archery sentinel with. I like it, although the archery set itself doesn't feel as powerful as some of the other sets. Maybe just my imagination.

Seismic/Stone is thematically a very good pair.

Hmm, don't I have one of those? I'll have to log in and check. or maybe it's one I built last year who is still sitting and waiting for her turn. 😄 

I got burned out on making (not playing) sentinels since I was so overjoyed with the AT since Homecoming, so lately I've been broadening my Midnight Dames army with controllers/defenders/doms/corrs.

All that being said, my best experience on Sentinels is definitely with an Elec/Elec/Elec Build. Beats anything else you can do with Electricity on any other toon, imo! 

Thanks for this opinion! My only electric sentinel is elec/energy and stuck in her 30s for a couple years now. So many toons, so little time...... 🙂 

On 12/10/2023 at 3:56 PM, Jaxman100 said:

Sents ranged attacks have less range than the blaster equivalents.  So power sets with PBAoE tier 9s work well.   Rad, Dark, Fire all fit into that. 

That's true, and I think it's such a waste to slot for range and try to be more blaster-y IMO. Better to use whatever AoEs you've got and be more in the thick of things. You're built for it.

2 hours ago, Midnyte said:

That's true, and I think it's such a waste to slot for range and try to be more blaster-y IMO. Better to use whatever AoEs you've got and be more in the thick of things. You're built for it.

Well, basically the only powers I slot with +Range are usually the cones, to get them nearer to the other range attacks and expand their strike zone without having to move that much.

I aim for some global +Range for powersets / combos where I have at least 2 good cone attacks that I regularly use, like Full Auto and Flamethrower on Assault Rifle.

Other than that, I don't really care how close I have to get with my Sentinels. They are usually next to the action anyway sooner or later. To a point, where I tab target to the nearest enemy and use my ranged AoE effects as if they were PBAoE...

6 hours ago, Bananiac said:

Well, basically the only powers I slot with +Range are usually the cones, to get them nearer to the other range attacks and expand their strike zone without having to move that much.

I aim for some global +Range for powersets / combos where I have at least 2 good cone attacks that I regularly use, like Full Auto and Flamethrower on Assault Rifle.

Other than that, I don't really care how close I have to get with my Sentinels. They are usually next to the action anyway sooner or later. To a point, where I tab target to the nearest enemy and use my ranged AoE effects as if they were PBAoE...

Sounds like a great strategy... I'll start paying more attention to slotting my cones for range and also global +range set bonuses. Thanks!

On 12/9/2023 at 7:42 PM, TrixieKixx said:

12/16 - Barracuda (Level 45-50 - Red Side - Grandville) - Mutants and Monsters - Mutant Origin / Monster costumes!

Hey @TrixieKixx, with all the talk on Sentinels below, I decided to also bring one for Barracuda: Amphibian Man (also Water/Regeneration).

Not 100% sure if I will be able to make it in time tomorrow, tho...

EDIT: Back in time for TT today. See you there...

Edited by Bananiac
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 12/12/2023 at 12:48 AM, Jaxman100 said:

This idea for Seismic/Stone might be my next alt. The order of powers and slots might be adjusted, and the last three power picks are all for flavor. But this has a decent amount of plus range that helps make Sentinels more fun.    

I made one the other night, played winter event to L18. Love it! Will take a look at your build at some point. Thanks!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/9/2023 at 12:42 PM, TrixieKixx said:

We meet at Noon EST at the contact for that week's WST!

12/2 - Operative Renault (Level 25-30 – Red Side: Sharkhead Isle) - All Radiation AT's (blast/manipulation/emission/melee/armor) / Radiation-effect costumes (What would you look like after being exposed to major radiation?)

12/9 - Numina (Level 35-40 - Blue Side: Founders Falls) - Any AT / Dress like your favorite Movie Hero(ine)!

12/16 - Barracuda (Level 45-50 - Red Side - Grandville) - Mutants and Monsters - Mutant Origin / Monster costumes!

12/23 - Holiday Events for those around! - Any AT / Festive costumes!

12/30 - Posi 1 & 2 (Level 8-15 and Level 11-16 – Blue Side - Steel Canyon) - Any AT / Costume: something you would wear to a NYE party!

@TrixieKixx TBD

@Burnt Umber Pepsis Regina - Mind/Savage Dominator

@Midnyte Ocean Goddess - Water Blast/Regeneration Sentinel

@OldTimeRocker Cub - Savage Melee/Regen Scrapper (maybe on the AT)

@Bananiac (Maybe) Amphibian Man - Water/Regeneration Sentinel

My Regen/SM scrapper, Cub, is now on Red Side standing next to Barracuda, and ready to rumble!

image.png.5db9866a5bec2a11466bb5656dad5e7f.png

OTR

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Barracuda SF - Mutants and Monsters

Saturday, 12/16/2023

We were a small but mighty team of 5 and a nice mix of ATs

F5Kjd4y.jpg

sMgCrg5.jpg

@TrixieKixx brought her plant controller, Ima Wallflower, in this crazy get-up!

T2LkEJw.jpg

I chuckled every time I saw it and could not resist some close-ups
WMNIjth.jpg

Pepsis Regina, making another appearance to the Theme Team, dominator by @Burnt Umber
EGI1svx.jpg

Christmas Frost, brute by @Midnyte
dGqWHQk.jpg

Amphibian Man, sentinel by @Bananiac
(such a great look, wish I'd gotten a close-up picture)
kFqXjbE.jpg

Cub, beastly scrapper by @OldTimeRocker
stoXrhI.jpg

55MEtYG.jpg

vvYBcIp.jpg

rkcNU2C.jpg

yI14RZB.jpg

YAZl4Qe.jpg

Check out the bottoms of Cub's paws!
Cyz2WFJ.jpg

HY3HOiZ.jpg

WtLpwsa.jpg

Let's roll!
hw9MWec.jpg

coUPmoE.jpg

USve1VU.jpg

o8nNxF3.jpg

Really wanted to ice stomp them! But alas, I caught up with the rest of the team up the elevator
tuAH4Te.jpg

First AV on our agenda... Numina
7wzZeqd.jpg

Mr. Comb-over
gZJFC3h.jpg

A funny little glitch we encountered here
iaMLGQk.jpg

OOtE3Uj.jpg

Emq7cAp.jpg

S2aoZe2.jpg

5GXCMW3.jpg

9GU4FnU.jpg

ZhnY4Vm.jpg

iBDeBqM.jpg

CSKweiV.jpg

Found Ghost Widow hiding in this little room that you wouldn't normally think to check 😮 
NyMCbnr.jpg

9RaoQxw.jpg

This battle with Reichsman took 22 minutes! But it was not a struggle, no team wipes, just a long exhausting battle where we needed to have all our wits about us
p7O6Dyr.jpg

mQlUwUK.jpg

3VChpda.jpg

gWsqYNZ.jpg

Jn0eR27.jpg

PWaOffe.jpg

B0msH5k.jpg

~The End~

Edited by Midnyte
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Midnyte said:

I made one the other night, played winter event to L18. Love it! Will take a look at your build at some point. Thanks!

My new Sentinel, Terra Payne, is Seismic/Willpower. She hit 50 yesterday and I outfitted her slots. She's now playing the Maria' Jenkins Arc in PI. She's a lot of fun (my first Sentinel). 

OTR

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

We meet at Noon EST at the contact for that week's WST!

12/2 - Operative Renault (Level 25-30 – Red Side: Sharkhead Isle) - All Radiation AT's (blast/manipulation/emission/melee/armor) / Radiation-effect costumes (What would you look like after being exposed to major radiation?)

12/9 - Numina (Level 35-40 - Blue Side: Founders Falls) - Any AT / Dress like your favorite Movie Hero(ine)!

12/30 - Posi 1 & 2 (Level 8-15 and Level 11-16 – Blue Side - Steel Canyon) - Any AT / Costume: something you would wear to a NYE party!

@TrixieKixx 

@Burnt Umber

@Midnyte

@Bananiac

@FrauleinMental

Edited by TrixieKixx

On 12/16/2023 at 5:47 PM, OldTimeRocker said:

My new Sentinel, Terra Payne, is Seismic/Willpower. She hit 50 yesterday and I outfitted her slots. She's now playing the Maria' Jenkins Arc in PI. She's a lot of fun (my first Sentinel). 

OTR

Wow, welcome to the wonderful world of sentinels! IMO, it's the easiest AT, well-rounded, all-around fun and easy. Master of nothing yet good at so many.
I found a seismic/stone sentinel I had made a while ago and was sitting there at L1, waiting for some action. I put her in some Baby New Year missions and she leveled to 18. I'm really enjoying it. Looking forward to trying @Jaxman100's build with the +range bonuses. (btw, great name! Mine is named Terra Tremora. 😄 )

Thank you @Midnyte for the extensive report on theme team action! Always fun to go through and recap what we were doing.

With just 5 of us I was sceptical at first how we would do in that Reichsmann fight. But it turned out that we were just the right strength to handle it. Still felt like a challenge, but we did it like professionals! 🙂 

Different kind of Strike Force, but it was fun running with you guys.

13 hours ago, Midnyte said:

Wow, welcome to the wonderful world of sentinels! IMO, it's the easiest AT, well-rounded, all-around fun and easy. Master of nothing yet good at so many.
I found a seismic/stone sentinel I had made a while ago and was sitting there at L1, waiting for some action. I put her in some Baby New Year missions and she leveled to 18. I'm really enjoying it. Looking forward to trying @Jaxman100's build with the +range bonuses. (btw, great name! Mine is named Terra Tremora. 😄 )

GO TEAM TERRA!

• Haha 1

Okay, now you guys have me thinking about my sentinels. I know I have a level 50, Tennessee Whiskey, who is a Beam Rifle/Willpower, but she rarely gets played. And, I have a couple others who I haven't fully leveled. I'll have to take a look at Jax's build and see if I should build a new one 🙂 That's what vacations are for, right? BTW, I created a Rad Blast/Nature Affinity Corruptor, after @Midnyte played one recently on one of themes. I named her Cherry Blossum. (Blossom was not available.) I've got her up to Level 42 this past week, in the limited amount of time I've had to play. I LOVE her! 

Also, thanks for the amazing pictures! I can't believe we got that done with only five, but it was such a fun time. I did not know my tongue was pink! 😄 Thanks for capturing it! 😄 You always capture the best photos!!! I personally concentrated all my powers on Reichsman (sp?), and they carried over to the enemies. It was very cool seeing that captured in the images. You rock!!! BTW, we were about 25 minutes late to our party, but it was okay. We arrived just in time to start eating. 😄 

• Thanks 1

RE: Sentinels, at the risk of going a bit against the grain, I kinda like when my secondary doesn't require much management and I can keep on blasting.  I also recomend secondaries that have multiple areas of protectiuon, i.e., more than just defense or resistance or healing.  Of my two sentinels - a Dual Pistols/Super REflexes and a Beam Rifle/Invulnerability - the Beam Rifle/Invulnerability is surprisingly powerful and fun after the Sentinel revamp; in fact, I think Beam Rifle gets a sort of better version in Sentinels because it loses its snipe for a chain AoE and benefits from not needing to pause blasting (thereby giving more instances of disintegrating).  I have been toying with the idea of a Radiation/Regen. one day but that's been mostly on a back-burner.

22 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

I think I'll be around so I can definitely help with leading it like back when we did the Halloween event in Oct.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, TrixieKixx said:

That's what vacations are for, right? BTW, I created a Rad Blast/Nature Affinity Corruptor, after @Midnyte played one recently on one of themes. I named her Cherry Blossum. (Blossom was not available.) I've got her up to Level 42 this past week, in the limited amount of time I've had to play. I LOVE her! 

Awesome! That's my Poison Petals, and I agree it's a fun combo. I should bring her out to play more often. Mine is only L40 so Cherry Blossum has surpassed her! (btw, I'm off work too until after the new year!)

Also, thanks for the amazing pictures! I can't believe we got that done with only five, but it was such a fun time.

You're welcome, it's such a fun task for me every week. I agree, it was excellent fun! I saw Cub appropriately scrapping around the edges, and I focused completely on Reichsman too which took all my efforts. I didn't know what was going on around me. I hope that was the right strategy. I seem to remember a time where we were told to switch between him and the mobs that come running in, but I may be thinking of something else. I just kept taunting and attacking and debuffing over and over and over. 😄 My ice defenses are not built up heavily yet for any good tanking but I did okay with lots of inspirations and all that good healing/buffing going on. 😍

I did not know my tongue was pink! 😄 Thanks for capturing it! 😄 You always capture the best photos!!! I personally concentrated all my powers on Reichsman (sp?), and they carried over to the enemies. It was very cool seeing that captured in the images. You rock!!!

BTW, we were about 25 minutes late to our party, but it was okay. We arrived just in time to start eating. 😄 

LOL, you're welcome! It's one of my favorite parts as photographer to see what kind of funny closeups I can get!

Sorry you were late but you got there in time for the best part anyway 😂

41 minutes ago, Burnt Umber said:

RE: Sentinels, at the risk of going a bit against the grain, I kinda like when my secondary doesn't require much management and I can keep on blasting. 

I don't consider this going against everyone's grain.... I think I was the only one who stated that preference, and for me it's a fairly new preference. Back on live, my most irritating thing was running out of endurance. I was a recovery fanatic! Once I discovered regen for the recovery, it was glorious. And then when willpower came out, and it had resist and defense and regen and recovery, all rolled into one delicious package, I was hooked forever. (Note that all this is before taking into account IO set bonuses and incarnate abilities).

So when Homecoming started, and sentinels came to be, I started making them left and right because I was enthralled with the AT! And HC was not stable at first so every day we logged in we didn't know if it would be the last. And I used willpower on all of them! I was obsessed with /willpower sentinels in 2019!  As my playing ability has become more experienced, I yearn for more actions from both sets just for the fun factor. And that is the only reason I was recommending a more lively secondary for sentinels, because that's what I've been experimenting with lately. I hope you enjoyed my little backstory of where my preferences come from 😄 😄 😄 

41 minutes ago, Burnt Umber said:

I think I'll be around so I can definitely help with leading it like back when we did the Halloween event in Oct.

Oh that would be terrific! I'll be in-game as well. Not much holiday stuff in my family anymore with both parents gone, and my sister's and my 4 kids, aged 26 to 30, spread out now and hard to get everyone together at one time. Gone are the days of big family parties at every holiday and occasion. It feels right for this time of my life. I turn 60 next month and I'm ready to have less family obligations and more of my own leisure time for gaming and traveling and hobbies and projects. 

Anyway, so far this event I've done lots of rounds of BNY missions on big teams, a few Lord Winter's Realm trials, but very few zone GM Winter Lords. i'm open to anything! And may switch characters a few times. Thanks for offering your team/league management duty!

• Like 1

Okay, ya'll! It looks like we're doing a staycation 🙂 Yay!!! We may do a couple of day trips; however, nothing right before Christmas.

I made a Seismic Blast/Stone Armor Sentinel yesterday based on @Jaxman100 build he so graciously posted! Her name is Umami Bomb, and I love the powerset. She's an end-hog, so I'm trying a few of Jax's ideas. They have helped, along with keeping stocked up with blues. I made her yesterday morning and got her to level 34 before I had to log off for the day. What a rush! I can't wait to get her to 50 to see what she does with the build. 😄 

• Like 2