Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

It has been a busy couple weekends for us.  I would like to bring a character for this.

The Great Dondini - Symphony / Sonic Assault Dominator.

I am not sure if Cece is going to make it.  She is in California until the new year visiting her mother.

Edit:  Cece can make it.  She will bring her Dominator, Casualty of War, Fire Control/Energy Assault

Edited by Milrop
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Burnt Umber said:

So whiskey talk: normally, I'm a Scotch drinker when I can splurge on it - either Macallan or, as a serious treat, Aberlour.  Here and there, I've tried to get into drinking bourbon but have yet to find one that I like.  I thought Bullet and Buffalo Trace were a bit too antiseptic for my taste.  Any suggestions for ones to try? 

Those are typically too peppery for my taste (lots of rye in the mash bill), which can come off as astringent, but they can be good in a cocktail like an Old Fashioned (where the sugar balances out the rye).  You might try something with less rye and/or more corn (maybe even some wheat).  Maker's Mark is my go-to, but Rabbit Hole, Evan Williams, Knob Creek, and Wild Turkey might work.  Anything with an age statement might be old enough to mellow out the taste.

I love Scotch as well, but it's been a lot more expensive since the tariffs increased 5-ish years ago, and inflation hasn't helped.  Macallan used to be my benchmark for 12-year whiskies, though I'm also a fan of Bowmore and Lagavulin when I can get them.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Milrop said:

It has been a busy couple weekends for us.  I would like to bring a character for this.

The Great Dondini - Symphony / Sonic Assault Dominator.

I am not sure if Cece is going to make it.  She is in California until the new year visiting her mother.

Glad to hear from you.... we were just wondering about you two recently! see one or both of you tomorrow 😄 

On 11/15/2023 at 4:12 PM, Bananiac said:

@TrixieKixx Sign me up with Major Hydra - Mind/Dark Dominator. 1st time in a while that I created a brand new toon for Theme Team. Wasn't expecting such a lot of Mind Domination showing up this week  🤯🙂 

I am gonna miss Theme Team today. Have to head out in about 30min in some family matters.

Good hunting to you all!

• Sad 2

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

14 hours ago, Burnt Umber said:

So whiskey talk: normally, I'm a Scotch drinker when I can splurge on it - either Macallan or, as a serious treat, Aberlour.  Here and there, I've tried to get into drinking bourbon but have yet to find one that I like.  I thought Bullet and Buffalo Trace were a bit too antiseptic for my taste.  Any suggestions for ones to try? 

So Whiskey talk: I am not able to drink any of this stuff anymore since falling into a kettle of too cheap bourbon at a young age.

• Haha 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

12 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

Those are typically too peppery for my taste (lots of rye in the mash bill), which can come off as astringent, but they can be good in a cocktail like an Old Fashioned (where the sugar balances out the rye).  You might try something with less rye and/or more corn (maybe even some wheat).  Maker's Mark is my go-to, but Rabbit Hole, Evan Williams, Knob Creek, and Wild Turkey might work.  Anything with an age statement might be old enough to mellow out the taste.

I love Scotch as well, but it's been a lot more expensive since the tariffs increased 5-ish years ago, and inflation hasn't helped.  Macallan used to be my benchmark for 12-year whiskies, though I'm also a fan of Bowmore and Lagavulin when I can get them.

Thanks for the suggestions!

1 hour ago, Bananiac said:

So Whiskey talk: I am not able to drink any of this stuff anymore since falling into a kettle of too cheap bourbon at a young age.

Is this the backstory for one of your characters?

• Haha 2

Ernesto Hess TF - World Domination Evil Genius theme - All dominator

Saturday, 11/18/2023

Unfortunately, @Bananiac could not join us today even though this was his theme idea. 

ZsC1OeN.jpg

1K5VgYe.jpg

Whispered Rumors, dominator by @TrixieKixx
MQlumhp.jpg

Whiskey River, dominator by @FrauleinMental
rzV8qS1.jpg

Great Dondini, dominator by @Milrop
nJqc6QV.jpg

Last minute add-on and therefore not in costume but we were happy to have her domination skills!
Casualty of War, dominator by @Princess Cecilia
89cDjJt.jpg

Glacial Harmony, dominator by @Midnyte
4ou4tKn.jpg

Baroness Masham, dominator by @Burnt Umber
oGaHA0Y.jpg

Our occasional Themer, @Lividus, with dominator, I R I S
FLGbPCV.jpg

ElFhkOM.jpg

nLzwlMo.jpg

Cnl6vXC.jpg

sNHj41U.jpg

3UAD3Vb.jpg

5uPJnM2.jpg

ylxOMC5.jpg

oHKGS8R.jpg

HBiRUdi.jpg

May the games begin!
3K6xHa4.jpg

XTutICm.jpg

FJHRY1d.jpg

kmELv8A.jpg

I don't know what power @FrauleinMental uses to make this pose, but I like it 😄 
LKbN5X7.jpg

Kb2K3tn.jpg

TG1Wgvz.jpg

5HYcLSD.jpg

Whispered Rumors is very talented... she leveled while afk 😄
OGsVUzn.jpg

Time to find Archon Burkholder and lure him to the exit door
V2vWBpa.jpg

Except that he got stuck at the bottom!
sl0e4E0.jpg

Which is okay because we are adaptable
BPI9iwN.jpg

Such elegance from The Great Dondini
ETe9rkO.jpg

6cm2teB.jpg

jZAokGv.jpg

Q1Esvld.jpg

PuiMJFU.jpg

T2bK4Eb.jpg

kbAfihA.jpg

Z8EuzcB.jpg

DX10cO8.jpg

B7cEZLE.jpg

~The End~

Edited by Midnyte
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

20 hours ago, Burnt Umber said:

Bulleit and Four Roses are my standard level for making a cocktail. Woodford, Blantons, Blade and Bow (this is a blend made by the company that makes Bulleit) are my go to sipping Bourbons. I find I like bourbon more than rye whiskey, the higher amount of corn and lower rye is what does it. You might like the Rye Whiskey these places make more. Remember kids every bourbon is a whiskey but not every whiskey is a bourbon.  

• Like 1

11/4 - Mairenn MacGregor (Level 38-50 – Blue Side – Atlas Park) - "A Night at The Arcade" Your favorite, iconic video game character from any other pc/console/arcade game from your childhood or other game you play today - Any AT

11/11 - Virgil Tarikoss (Level 15-20 - Red Side: Cap au Diable) - "Fatal Flowers" - Plant / Nature / Flowers / Bio costumes and powers

11/18 - Ernesto Hess (Level 25-30 – Blue Side: Striga Isle) - "World Domination" All Dominator team; Costume to look like one of the evil genius masterminds from the movies...Black-White-Red colored costumes

11/25 - Thanksgiving Break - Full Maria Jenkins Arc (Peregrine Island) - Any level...keeping it casual! Any AT/Any Costume!

@TrixieKixx TBD

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jaxman100 said:

Bulleit and Four Roses are my standard level for making a cocktail. Woodford, Blantons, Blade and Bow (this is a blend made by the company that makes Bulleit) are my go to sipping Bourbons. I find I like bourbon more than rye whiskey, the higher amount of corn and lower rye is what does it. You might like the Rye Whiskey these places make more. Remember kids every bourbon is a whiskey but not every whiskey is a bourbon.  

True! Whisky from Scotland is Scotch (note the missing E), whiskey from Canada is Canadian Whiskey, bourbon is whiskey made in Kentucky, any others?

At Walgreens yesterday I saw that Crown Royal has their Salted Caramel out for the holidays. So guess what I'm sipping on right now? Happy Saturday night! (And no, I don't just buy it for the snowflake pouch 😛 although I do have quite a collection of all the colors 😄 )

EDIT: I just looked at my Crown Royal bottle and it too spells it without the E.... "whisky"..... and it's Canadian. So I think I have my spellings mixed up. 😮 

Edited by Midnyte

6 hours ago, Burnt Umber said:

Is this the backstory for one of your characters?

Not yet, but I am never not doing one if I get the excuse 😉 

I stole the reference form here, if any of you know it....

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Midnyte said:

True! Whisky from Scotland is Scotch (note the missing E), whiskey from Canada is Canadian Whiskey, bourbon is whiskey made in Kentucky, any others?

At Walgreens yesterday I saw that Crown Royal has their Salted Caramel out for the holidays. So guess what I'm sipping on right now? Happy Saturday night! (And no, I don't just buy it for the snowflake pouch 😛 although I do have quite a collection of all the colors 😄 )

EDIT: I just looked at my Crown Royal bottle and it too spells it without the E.... "whisky"..... and it's Canadian. So I think I have my spellings mixed up. 😮 

Scotland spells it without the 'e', most bourbon uses the 'e' (though Maker's Mark omits it).  I hadn't kept up with Canadian as much.  Bourbon doesn't have to be from Kentucky, though around 95% is, just American.

• Thumbs Up 2

Most Bourbon is made in Kentucky, but you can make it anywhere in the US and call it Bourbon as long as it's 51% corn and aged in freshly charred white oak barrels. There is a proof requirement as well.  When you get into the Kentucky bonded distinctions there are aging minimums and the like. 

We have some local micro distilleries that make surprisingly good bourbons for not aging them long at all. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, Midnyte said:

There's also Irish Whiskey, Japanese Whisky (Japanese Scotch), American Rye Whiskey, and Tennessee Whiskey (i.e., Jack Daniels).  The general rule for the spelling is that Canadian, Scotch, and Japanese drop the "e"; American and Irish keep the "e."  And, as Fraulein and Jax mentioned, bourbon doesn't have to be from Kentucky, but it must be produced in the U.S., made from a grain mixture that is at least 51% corn, and aged in new, charred oak containers.

For those who want to learn a little more:

Edited by Burnt Umber
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/18/2023 at 12:11 PM, Midnyte said:

I don't know what power @FrauleinMental uses to make this pose, but I like it 😄 
LKbN5X7.jpg

That looks to be either Psionic Dart or Telekinetic Thrust, though I could have sworn that occasionally Psionic Lance uses this pose (maybe the in-combat quickshot?).  Most of the other Psionic Assault powers seem to pose with some variant of hands to head.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/18/2023 at 5:38 PM, TrixieKixx said:

11/25 - Thanksgiving Break - Full Maria Jenkins Arc (Peregrine Island) - Any level...keeping it casual! Any AT/Any Costume!

I'll be there today. Looking through characters now. I found a dark/rad tanker who has Maria Jenkins and hasn't started yet. (not a requirement but why not, right)

EDIT: Changed my mind and will be playing dark/rad controller (ironically) 😄 

Edited by Midnyte
  • Thumbs Up 1

12/2 - Operative Renault (Level 25-30 – Red Side: Sharkhead Isle) - All Radiation AT's (blast/manipulation/emission/melee/armor) / Radiation-effect costumes (What would you look like after being exposed to major radiation?)

12/9 - Numina (Level 35-40 - Blue Side: Founders Falls) - Any AT / Dress like your favorite Movie Hero(ine)!

12/16 - Barracuda (Level 45-50 - Red Side - Grandville) - Mutants and Monsters - Mutant Origin / Monster costumes!

12/23 - Holiday Events for those around! - Any AT / Festive costumes!

12/30 - Posi 1 & 2 (Level 8-15 and Level 11-16 – Blue Side - Steel Canyon) - All Illusion Team (Controller or Dominator…correct me if I'm wrong and another AT has this Power Set!) / Magician costumes

@TrixieKixx Lumin Osity - Radiation Emission/Dark Blast Defender

@FrauleinMental Cranberry Doctor - Rad/Rad Corruptor

@Burnt Umber Khalkeon - Rad/Energy Tanker

@Milrop Maim Ragekill - Rad/Rad Brute

Cece: TBD

@Bananiac Bananiac - Plant/Rad Controller

@Midnyte Poison Petals - Rad/Nature Corruptor

@OldTimeRocker Rad Ronin - Rad/Ninjitsu Stalker

Edited by TrixieKixx
  • Like 1

On 11/25/2023 at 3:26 PM, TrixieKixx said:

12/2 - Operative Renault (Level 25-30 – Red Side: Sharkhead Isle) - All Radiation AT's (blast/manipulation/emission/melee/armor) / Radiation-effect costumes (What would you look like after being exposed to major radiation?)

I'll try to bring Khalkeon - Rad/Energy Tanker.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd like to bring Maim Ragekill - Rad/Rad Brute.  I am going to do the Home Depot Kids Workshop with my granddaughter, but I should be back in time.

Cece has someone to bring too.  I will edit this with the information.

Edit: Cece is bringing Catanya Green - Rad/Gravity Controller

Edited by Milrop
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/25/2023 at 9:26 PM, TrixieKixx said:

Ok, so this is pretty much the mission statement of my Signature Character. Count me in with Bananiac then - Plant / Rad Controller 🍌☢️

Just came home from a busy, busy week that took me to Oslo on monday and Seville on thursday. With an ISO9001 Audit in the office in between. Boy, am I glad to be back home now!

• Thumbs Up 2