Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

On 7/21/2024 at 8:48 AM, FrauleinMental said:

We're on our last theme for July, so we should get an August slate ready.  We have 5 Saturdays in August, and here's what I've pulled from the event calendar for available Weekly Strike Targets [with the WST and theme we did the last 3 cycles]:

I am so grateful you did this for us! Excellent compilation of data. The theme ideas you listed all look great, even if a repeat. It's always fun to repeat a theme, to give everyone a chance in case they missed the first time around.

If we went by cycle, this would be the lineup:

• 3 Aug - Abandoned Sewer Trial (Mairenn MacGregor, Level 38-50)
  • 10 Aug - Beast of the Mountain (Virgil Tarikoss, Level 15-20)
  • 17 Aug - The MegaMech Cometh (Ernesto Hess, 25-30)
  • 24 Aug - Following Countess Crey (Manticore, Level 30-35)
  • 31 Aug - Temple of the Waters (Operative Renault, Level 25-30)

Anyone have preferences/suggestions for WST or Theme?

Okay, let's do that then, continue the rotation as we've been doing. I honestly never realized how Trixie chooses which WST for each week, so this is some good insight. After others have a chance to look at this and give input, then you could make the official August post. Thanks so much for putting in this effort.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Midnyte said:

I am so grateful you did this for us! Excellent compilation of data. The theme ideas you listed all look great, even if a repeat. It's always fun to repeat a theme, to give everyone a chance in case they missed the first time around.

I agree that repeating themes can actually be really fun! We could even pop back in to the beginning of the thread to see about refreshing those ideas. 🙂

Some random ideas came to me, so throwing them out in case we want to use them for the future. Some are repeats or twists on repeats.

One thing that comes to mind is twisted Robin Hood - steals from the poor to give to the rich or some variation of that (evil Robin Hood basically). Or even Robin Hood with guns instead of a bow and arrow.

Plants! Make some sort of plant-based costume/have plant powers (e.g., I've seen some uber creative variations of people being a pumpkin, tree, etc.)

Since it's the middle of summer: Melting Away - At least one fire power and costume that reflects the summer heat (thinking like, you look like you're melting, bikinis, etc)

Follow the leader - First person to sign up sets the (you choose here whether it's just the AT, AT & powers, just the powers, etc) for the rest of the group

I think we've done this before, but always a good one is Going to the Movies - Dress up as your favorite movie character

Twist on the above: We're in a movie - Pick a movie theme and we dress up as actors for that theme.

Game of Heroes/Villains: CoX villain/hero groups costumes

And, that's all I've got for now, lol

• Like 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

One idea for a theme is to base the theme on the TF itself.  Such as undercover as the main faction being fought or dressing as the contacts faction.  I personally prefer costume concepts over powers due to limited characters but "All same AT" runs can be pretty fun.

• Like 1

Just as a reminder, it's Thursday and only 2 people have signed up for Saturday's TF 🙂 

• Thanks 1

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

On 7/20/2024 at 3:39 PM, Midnyte said:

7/27 - Penelope Yin (Level 20-25 – Blue Side: Independence Port) - Any AT / Rocky Horror Picture Show costumes

I'll bring Fraulein Mental - Mind/Kin CTRL as Magenta.

Sometime this weekend, I'll generate the August list.

Edited by FrauleinMental

Unfortunately, I have some plans tomorrow so I can't be there. Good luck to the rest.

Also:

• 3 Aug - Abandoned Sewer Trial (Mairenn MacGregor, Level 38-50)
  • 10 Aug - Beast of the Mountain (Virgil Tarikoss, Level 15-20)
  • 17 Aug - The MegaMech Cometh (Ernesto Hess, 25-30)
  • 24 Aug - Following Countess Crey (Manticore, Level 30-35)
  • 31 Aug - Temple of the Waters (Operative Renault, Level 25-30)

These look great!  I'd like to bring my demon/pain MM to the Virgil Tarikoss so maybe some theme involving fire or devils/demons (or maybe literary references)?  Similarly, I'd like to bring my Widow to the Ernesto Hess TF, so maybe something involving spies, ninjas, or stealth?

• Thumbs Up 1

Can't promise to be there today. But in case I can make it, I have prepared Eddie (the delivery boy played by Meatloaf) - Symphonic / Savage Dominator (I think...)

• Like 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

11 hours ago, Burnt Umber said:

Unfortunately, I have some plans tomorrow so I can't be there. Good luck to the rest.

Also:

These look great!  I'd like to bring my demon/pain MM to the Virgil Tarikoss so maybe some theme involving fire or devils/demons (or maybe literary references)?  Similarly, I'd like to bring my Widow to the Ernesto Hess TF, so maybe something involving spies, ninjas, or stealth?

We will miss you today! Your theme ideas sound good to me. My favorite themes are the ones involving not just costume, but also specific powersets or ATs.

3 hours ago, Bananiac said:

Can't promise to be there today. But in case I can make it, I have prepared Eddie (the delivery boy played by Meatloaf) - Symphonic / Savage Dominator (I think...)

I never expected Eddie, of all characters, to be the most popular one to make! 😅

I grabbed one pic before we started, but forgot to take in mish pics since I was busy having fun tanking. 😂

rocky horror TT.png

• Like 2

Here are the themes for August:

• 3 Aug - Abandoned Sewer Trial (Mairenn MacGregor, Level 38-50) - "Follow the Leader" (First person to sign up chooses the AT for the entire group; any costume)
  • 10 Aug - Beast of the Mountain (Virgil Tarikoss, Level 15-20) - "Fighting Fire with Fire" (Any AT/powers; Fire/Demon/Necromancy-themed costumes)
  • 17 Aug - The MegaMech Cometh (Ernesto Hess, 25-30) (Note: Unlock required for leader) - "Striga Infiltration" (Any AT/powers, Council costumes)
  • 24 Aug - Following Countess Crey (Manticore, Level 30-35) - “Summer Blockbuster” (Dress up as your favorite action movie character; any AT/powers)
  • 31 Aug - Temple of the Waters (Operative Renault, Level 25-30) - "Overwatered Plants" (At least one Plant powerset; Plant costumes)
  • Like 4

I'm 50/50 due to travel, so my spot can be taken if we happen to fill up.

3 Aug - Abandoned Sewer Trial (Mairenn MacGregor, Level 38-50) - "Follow the Leader" (First person to sign up chooses the AT for the entire group; any costume)

EDIT:  All Blasters!

1. @ZamuelNow Ebony Gyro - Elec/Elec Blaster
  2. @Midnyte Ginger Sunbeam - Energy/Time Blaster
  3. @Burnt Umber Hiemps - Storm/Ice Blaster
  4. Cece - Princess Cecilia - elec/elec blaster
  5. @Milrop Fireman Joey - fire/fire blaster
  6. @FrauleinMental Cryomania - Ice3 Blaster
  7. @TygerDarkstorm Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Dev Blaster
  8. @Jaxman100 Tano Jax - Ice/Fire Blaster
Edited by FrauleinMental
  • Like 1

I'm really excited for next month's themes! I want to give others a chance to see this before I come back and sign up though, especially since this first theme was one of my ideas. 😄 

Thanks for putting this together @FrauleinMental!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ZamuelNow said:

I'm signing up for the Abandoned Sewer Trial on Ebony Gyro.  Since she's an Elec/Elec Blaster, I guess that means an all Blaster run.

That's right--all Blasters!

I dropped in my character as a maybe, so that spot's still open if by some chance we get 8 definites.

17 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

I'm going to choose last for 3 Aug, and I'm 50/50 due to travel.

3 Aug - Abandoned Sewer Trial (Mairenn MacGregor, Level 38-50) - "Follow the Leader" (First person to sign up chooses the AT for the entire group; any costume) - EDIT:  All Blasters!

1. @ZamuelNow Ebony Gyro - Elec/Elec Blaster
  2. ??
  3. ??
  4. ??
  5. ??
  6. ??
  7. ??
  8. (maybe) @FrauleinMental Cryomania - Ice3 Blaster

I will bring Ginger Sunbeam - Energy/Time Blaster

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ZamuelNow said:

Since I haven't done the Abandoned Sewer Trial since retail, I have a question.  On Homecoming, do people get both the Plasma and the Thermite guns or do people ignore the Thermite?

Often just the one that does damage to the Hydra head. 

This crew is pretty relaxed and takes it slow, so probably both. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ZamuelNow said:

Since I haven't done the Abandoned Sewer Trial since retail, I have a question.  On Homecoming, do people get both the Plasma and the Thermite guns or do people ignore the Thermite?

I don't recall using the Thermite, but I've only done this trial a few times.  The Plasma/Particle Cannon is pretty important, and that's what I've always picked up.

On 7/28/2024 at 2:57 PM, FrauleinMental said:

That's right--all Blasters!

I dropped in my character as a maybe, so that spot's still open if by some chance we get 8 definites.

Blasters? I got Blasters! 

... just don't know if I got time. Again, we may have plans for the weekeend, so not sure if I can make it.

It's summertime, it's busy...

• Like 2

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!