EoE Inspiration timers

MsSmart

Hi:

I have recently begun to lead Hami raids in Everlasting, and it is clear to me how important it is to make sure your EoE protection is always up. While trying to keep up with my EoE status, I am also trying to keep up with the raid, and during one of those close calls on watching the last green go and my EoE status, that it occurred to me:

Why not put a timer on the EoE as we have for power cooldowns?

Obviously this is going to be a tricky request to satisfy, for usually you click and the EoE is gone poof, consumed. So there is work to be done for this suggestion, I would suggest that when I click on the EOE it grays out (like the rest of them) instead of going away, and a descending timer (60 to 1) is overlayed on the grayed out EoE, at 0 it winks out, or winks out when I click on the next EoE (I think 5 seconds left on the timer) which then has the timer overlayed.

Would love to be able to stack EoEs to gain duration as another quality of life help...

Sue

• Like 1

Same for Ambrosia, which don't have the volume of use, and for Ultimates, which perhaps aren't as widely used or as crucial.  There used to be ways to put timers on your buffs, but those may have been mods.

I'm not sure I'd want to see stacking of inspirations for duration, as the argument can be made that it takes away from the buffing ATs.

On Indomitable, the raid leader (or someone they designate) usually reminds everyone at the proper interval to pop an EoE.  The raids in which reminders haven't gone out have tended to wipe more frequently, just like any other part of the raid process that goes sideways.  It's part of the skill challenge of Hami.

Eh, I don't know, just seeing them go grey (and then not grey, since they stay for the duration) is pretty obvious - assuming, of course, you have plenty of them. I don't know that I'd want one sitting in the tray with a timer.  (Granted, I tend to be sure to have at least two columns full of them, so it's really visually obvious that they're active or not.)

... you know, I'm trying to recall offhand if they show up in the buff bar.

*goes to check* Yes, they do, with the flash for the last several seconds.

Now, if you wanted to make that a general option (timed buffs that you apply showing up with a timer or something that showed up there,) that might be an idea and would be more generally useful, too. "12 seconds on the EOE, 2 hours on the booster," etc.)

1 hour ago, FrauleinMental said:

I'm not sure I'd want to see stacking of inspirations for duration, as the argument can be made that it takes away from the buffing ATs.

When talking about EOEs, I don't think that's relevant, really.

With other (standard) inspirations, stacking for duration would be a severe nerf. (Or irrelevant - health, end, and rez don't really have "durations.")

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Pfft, you don't need anything special for a raid.

1. Send in the tanks and brutes

2. Scrappers and stalkers flank the target

3. Support types pull out the survivors

4. ???

5. Blasters go in and cleaning up the mess everyone else left.

• Haha 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

I see what you are saying, but somehow I feel many of you are missing the mark,

The reason for the timer, is because I am the raid leader, and yes I do tell others when to take their EoEs, the critical period is when the last green goes out and you call for a 75% damage to Hami, and then when to ask folks to stop and go back to the bloom, and lastly the last green before the call for a kill.

It is in those 3 periods of time, where the not knowing how soon the inspiration is going to drop (the 5 second warning is not very good) can be very stressful, when trying to give the order to attack, stop attacking, etc and keep up with your health and EoE. Knowing how long before the EoE goes out, would be very comforting during those periods of time.

Sue