Recommendations for concept

diefree

So want to make a villian and have a concept in mind just not sure which powers are both fitting a good. He his a drug maker and seller. His drugs grant temporary super powers. He doesn't use them so will have body guards. 

Aestically I like mercenary looks but heard they're bad so thinking thugs or ninjas. The secondary not sure on. Personality wise he professional but ruthless when crossed. Think Gus and Walter White combined. Any suggestions welcomed.

I've been having fun on my ninja/storm MM.  Can be tough to manage at times but he does pretty OK.  Thugs would also work conceptually.  Thugs/dark has great synergy and you can also get burnout so you can use gangwar and howling twilight back to back.  Fearsome stare is also pretty neat.

Just a couple of ideas but you can make anything fit the narrative.

You want Thugs. You make drugs, you have gang members for dealing and protection. Thugs are also top tier of MM primaries with Demons. They're not especially great on base DEF or RES, but they're pretty good, and you can build for perma-Gang War for a constant 16 pets or use Burnout for double-Gang War and have 26.

Ninjas are really, really fragile. They're arguably the worst MM set. The one upside they used to have was that they used to be proc-monsters because of the fast attack speed, but then procs changed from a percent chance to procs per minute, and now they don't even have that. They're squishy melee pets with no DEF and no RES. If you are put off of Mercs because of how bad people say they are, definitely don't take Ninjas.  Mercs at least have range, even if they occasionally run into the fray because everything but Brawl is on cooldown. 

Also, what you take as a secondary can shore up weaknesses in the set.  If you're saying your guy has no powers that kinda limits what you can access as a secondary. Traps? Force Field? Poison? Trick Arrow? I think Traps is the only well regarded one of those. You might be able to get Ninjas to work if you slap a bunch of bubbles on them, and shoot their DEF through the roof. It's a bit goofy to think of them sneaking around with the big bubble around them though. I have a friend who ran Mercs/Traps, and liked it, but he also did make heavy use of procs for bonus damage. Touch of Lady Grey's negative energy proc can be slotted into the T2 or T3 pets, which helps mitigate that heavily resisted Lethal damage. I've never used or run with Poison so I can't speak to it's effectiveness, but it could work for thematics.  Thugs/Poison might work? Can't say.   Ninjas/Trick Arrow seems like a natural combination but don't do it. That combines the worst MM primary with the worst MM secondary.

Edited by Dakkaface

Consider Ninja / Sonic.  Minions are expendable.  If your character is ruthless they are figures on a balance sheet.  

Put -res field on the melee pet of the moment and they will hit like a truck.  Especially from Stealth.

*Goes off to re-roll Ninja.

Thugs/Poison conceptually comes to mind. But IMO Poison is best for big game hunting, not necessarily for grouping in trials and TFs. It can work, but that's not its strong point. It lacks protection for you and the minions, which is the weakness of MMs, and relies on debuffs. Its heal is...okay. 

I'd probably recommend Thugs/Pain to sort of keep up with the concept - the drugs dealt nullify pain and trauma and heal up the minions, and also weaken foes. Pain is better for MM pets and overall gaming than Poison due to some buffing and AOE healing. Its not going to be Thugs/Time but its a solid combo. 

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

Almost any secondary would work if you drill down into your concept (drugs are result of radiation therapies twisted for illicit aims = Rad; Breaking Bad style uppers/meth = Time or Kinetics; Dark - opioid style depressants; and so on), and strongly agree that Thugs is the immediate primary you’re seeking that pairs well with almost everything. 

However, demons or zombies would work if you’re role playing the side effect/result of hallucinations from the illicit stock. Ninjas could be gang members that watch too much anime (which explains why they fold so fast 😂).

Basically, hone in on your concept and the combination will suggest itself. What type of criminal are you building?

• Like 2

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

to add to what Nyghtmaire said, there was a drug in (Judge) Dredd 2012 (the one with Karl Urban), where the effect was it slowed down time--perfect for time/kinetics.
Dark could be a mystically-oriented drug which is similar to how Illidan was addicted to mana (warcraft), or how the orcs were tainted with fell magic.

• Like 2