Ill/Storm and Invisibility

cohRock

Storm Illusionists have three stealth powers available -- Steamy Mist, Superior Invisibility, and Group Invisibility.  I know my character will be taking Steamy Mist, which Mids indicates is mutually exclusive with Superior Invisibility.  Only one can be running at a time.  It will be a tight build, so I am considering skipping both invisibility powers.  The extra benefits of Steamy Mist seem too useful to be substituted out.  Would you skip Superior and Group Invisibility?

-- Rock

On my Ill/Storm I kept Group Invisibility, and I think I had room left for Vengeance or SI as a LotG mule and wound up going with Vengeance since I could  at least get some use out of it.

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

I'd definitely be willing to skip Superior Invisibility.  A stealth IO + Steamy Mist will make you unseen by everything but GMs, Turrets, and snipers (and foes that ignore stealth).  And if you really wished you could stack Super Speed on top of the others and only the snipers would see you.  As an aside Superior Invisibility is more stealthy than a Stalkers Hide (200ft vs 150ft)

And then there's those mobs that "cheat" basically ignoring stealth ... though I can't verify atm I believe their perception can be debuffed with such things as Smoke as I recall from live 

Group Invisibility does stack... and -threat is nice!

Also, mobs who ignore stealth do will be affected by -perception, but stealth will not affect their perception range.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation