Please make obsolete content playable again.

12 hours ago, Xanatos said:

And grinding? Don't talk to me about grinding. Jack Emmert revealing beta invites would be based on forum activity? I had to post 10 times a day for six months, uphill both ways, in the snow. I earned my spot. I didn't "powerlevel" my way into the 2004 public beta like these 2004 pre-order n00bs.

You mean, Forum Farming, kettle? 😂

• Haha 1

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

16 hours ago, GuilmonDude said:

I know grinding is annoying and the grind CoH had was janky at best but it's what keeps a lot of people playing, even if they don't want to admit it. Because if not that then the only hope is how much you'd be willing to make an alt.

While I appreciate that some people like or want the grind, I do not.  I run all content on all levels on blue, red, and gold, but to be fair most of it is blue side. 

I don't need or want the game to tell me what to do or encourage me to do one thing over another.  I make up my own weird goals to keep the game fresh for me.  Sometimes I PL to 50, sometimes I solo mission arcs, or run TF teams, or Signature Story runs, or badge hunt, or run every mission available in Ouro, on rare occasions I even PvP.  I play the market and farm enough to finance all my projects but neither farming or marketing takes up most of my time.  I guess the thing I enjoy the most is making oddball builds that work.

There are plenty of things to do.

Edited by Bionic_Flea
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Myrmidon said:

You mean, Forum Farming, kettle? 😂

Exactly. Farming has always been the legit way to play.

You could even argue that, given I was a mentally vacuous 14 year old at the time, my posts were essentially AFK farming.

• Haha 4

City of Heroes Class of 2001.

8 hours ago, Omega-202 said:

And regarding my demeanor, I honestly could not care how you perceive me.  

I didn't think you would.

I was just trying to clue you in that your manners affect how MANY people perceive you.  Do with that what you will.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

18 hours ago, Omega-202 said:

Cool.  Been here since beta, but go on with the condescension.  Reflects really well on you as a person.

There's a reason the grind is gone.  Its because the "real OGs" all grew up and are old farts now with lives to attend to and don't want or care about the old grind.  Why would anyone backtrack on a completely intentional change for the better?  Look at the other servers with more grinding and tell me how great their pop numbers are with their "OG" feel.  

You are wrong.  Also Suggestions forum is ^that way^.

EDIT: The funniest part is saying "that's how the game will die".  HC has been running for 18 months now, with the current level of "minimal grind" and still hits its donation goals every month in an hour or less.  Numbers are steady.  Where's this predicted death?  Also, this isn't an actual MMO.  It's a zombie unofficial game run by fans. 

You trashed his post with a /jranger and then feel the need to point out what kind of person he/she is? How smug of you.

• Thanks 1

• Retired Game Master

Normally, I'd issue a warning to stay on topic, or hand out points and remove posts, but since it's probably more prudent to just move on... well...

The suggestion has been heard.  Thanks.

Edited by GM Tahquitz