Insanity

TheOtherTed

So I'd like to import a character concept from a single-player RPG who could pretty much be described as the living embodiment of insanity.  Not superlative non-stop insanity, nor psychotic Joker insanity, but terrifying, nightmarish, "why won't this horrible dream end" insanity.  I've got a name and at least a basic costume idea, but I'm a little stumped on powersets.  I'm kind of leaning towards a Darkness Affinity / Time controller, but I might be tapped out on the whole Dark thing (what with a Dark/Dark corruptor and a suprising number of Dark Armor melee characters).  Plus, I'm not crazy about the Time sound effects.

So - any suggestions?

15 hours ago, TheOtherTed said:

So I'd like to import a character concept from a single-player RPG who could pretty much be described as the living embodiment of insanity.  Not superlative non-stop insanity, nor psychotic Joker insanity, but terrifying, nightmarish, "why won't this horrible dream end" insanity.  I've got a name and at least a basic costume idea, but I'm a little stumped on powersets.  I'm kind of leaning towards a Darkness Affinity / Time controller, but I might be tapped out on the whole Dark thing (what with a Dark/Dark corruptor and a suprising number of Dark Armor melee characters).  Plus, I'm not crazy about the Time sound effects.

So - any suggestions?

Controller - Illusion Control - Darkness Affinity.mxd

Even just doing a recolor on the Darkness powers might give it a different feel.  Make Darkest Night a splash of Bright Purple, Tar Patch something like Brilliant Red, Twilight Grasp bright Blue... it can go from feeling like "I've done Dark on five characters already" to something that feels different just because of the looks.

Bonus points if you also have local chat for each power that uses Bob Ross paint colors.  "Just a touch of the Titanium White... a little Alizarin Crimson.... some Phthalo Blue..."