Char Select QoL Options

Seancer

Hi all!

Would it be possible to add char sorting options from the char select screen? I'm managing close to 200 alts over 3 shards and would like a way to sort by last played/current level/AT/etc. 

Thanks to the dev team for keeping us in game!

Allu

• Like 4

Well, you can search by AT, but other than that, yeah, more sorting options have been asked for before and I'd still love to see them.

• Like 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

*nods*

As I believe I was told once, the character select screen isn't really aware of the "pages" we see our characters by, it just lists, then lists more on the next screen, etc. And there are a lot of potential sorting options and filters that would be nice. Ideally I'd like to see a big rewrite on the character select screen that was aware of more, as well - such as your supergroup, should you have multiple alts in one, for instance.

Something like checkboxes for alignment, level range, search on super group as well. And let us create (and label) actual "pages" for some custom listing and sorting of characters - people could create things like "raid faves," "mains," "current projects," "PVP" and focus a few characters in those pages.

Which is more work. But could be useful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

"People will tell you that Incarnates are the end-game. They're lying. Altitis is the real end-game and well all know its true, even if some of us don't want to admit it."

The character select screen was great when it was designed to hold 8 characters. Then it was reshuffled to hold 12. And then pages were hacked into it so it could hold 36. Then others had to cram in features to it as gracefully as they could manage so that it could hold a theoretically unlimited number of characters.

It's likely HIGHLY due for some refactoring and re-engineering.

• 2 weeks later
On 8/13/2020 at 3:27 PM, Greycat said:

As I believe I was told once, the character select screen isn't really aware of the "pages" we see our characters by, it just lists, then lists more on the next screen, etc. And there are a lot of potential sorting options and filters that would be nice. Ideally I'd like to see a big rewrite on the character select screen that was aware of more, as well - such as your supergroup, should you have multiple alts in one, for instance.

The screen ordering is a text file in "CoH\{your global name]\playerslot.txt"

Format is: Global name, Shard, Hero name, Slot #

The the character select screen just paginates based on that slot numbering.

So the select screen must pull more data from the game to know your powersets and AT, since that's not in the txt file. I'd guess it should be able to search on any character-specific fields like SG, etc.