Rad/Rad Proc Oriented Tank

Enku367

Hey folks I was wondering if someone with a bit more experience with Tanks and Procs could take a look at this Rad/Rad build I threw together. I have based it around some other builds I have seen here especially a Rad/SS Build that was up the other day, but I just cant seem to enjoy SS. I feel like I may have too much recovery options but I wasn't sure I'd need more AEs from EPIC pools.  I wasn't sure which Incarns to use for Interface, Lore, and Destiny.

Please any and all criticism and information accepted!

I would love to hear from @Werner or @Sir Myshkin to see what they think! As they are much more familiar with Tanks and Procs respectively.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Tanker (Rad-Rad): Level 50 Science Tanker
Primary Power Set: Radiation Armor
Secondary Power Set: Radiation Melee
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Alpha Barrier -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(5), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 1: Contaminated Strike -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(9)
Level 2: Gamma Boost -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A)
Level 4: Radioactive Smash -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dam%(11), TchofLadG-%Dam(11), FrcFdb-Rechg%(13), GldStr-%Dam(13), Hct-Dam%(15)
Level 6: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50), Ksm-ToHit+(50)
Level 8: Proton Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(15), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(17), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(17), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 10: Fallout Shelter -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(19), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(19), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(21), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 12: Radiation Therapy -- ThfofEss-+End%(A), TchoftheN-%Dam(21), Erd-%Dam(23), ScrDrv-Dam%(23), PrfZng-Dam%(25), Obl-%Dam(25)
Level 14: Beta Decay -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 16: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)
Level 18: Particle Shielding -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(27), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(27), Prv-Heal/Rchg(29), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(29), Prv-Absorb%(31)
Level 20: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 22: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(31), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(31), UnbGrd-Max HP%(33), GldArm-3defTpProc(33)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(33), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(34), Rct-ResDam%(34)
Level 26: Fusion -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RechRdx-I(34)
Level 28: Irradiated Ground -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(36), TchofLadG-%Dam(36), Obl-%Dam(36), ScrDrv-Dam%(37), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(37)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(37)
Level 32: Ground Zero -- ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(A), ScrDrv-Dmg/Rchg(39), ScrDrv-Dam%(39), TchofLadG-%Dam(39), ShlBrk-%Dam(40), Erd-%Dam(40)
Level 35: Devastating Blow -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(42), TchofLadG-%Dam(42), ShlBrk-%Dam(43)
Level 38: Atom Smasher -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), Arm-Dam%(43), Obl-%Dam(45), ScrDrv-Dam%(45), PrfZng-Dam%(45)
Level 41: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Physical Perfection -- PwrTrns-EndMod(A), PwrTrns-+Heal(48)
Level 47: Meltdown -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 49: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(46), Mrc-Rcvry+(46)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(46)
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: Mighty Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Rebirth Radial Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Partial Radial Graft 
------------

Edited by Enku367

I keep being accused of being familiar with tanks! 😅 I played a single tank back on live, leveled to 50, and didn't play him anymore. I only finished leveling my first tank on Homecoming maybe a couple months ago. OK OK, I'm good in Mids, and I have a good understanding of several of the tank primaries and secondaries. And I do want to fiddle with Radiation Armor and Melee at some point, but I just haven't gotten to it yet. So I think I should leave this to others. 🙂

9 minutes ago, Werner said:

I keep being accused of being familiar with tanks! 😅 I played a single tank back on live, leveled to 50, and didn't play him anymore. I only finished leveling my first tank on Homecoming maybe a couple months ago. OK OK, I'm good in Mids, and I have a good understanding of several of the tank primaries and secondaries. And I do want to fiddle with Radiation Armor and Melee at some point, but I just haven't gotten to it yet. So I think I should leave this to others. 🙂

Well feel free to roll up that one I posted and let me know if you have any tweaks you would do! I feel like I'm way over capping resists/not getting enough defenses but, I for the life of me can't figure out how to add more lol.

Not on my pc so can't open the build but just eyeballing it have a couple of comments:

I'm not sure what the 5 slot bonus on unbreakable guard is but I generally stop at 4. You can use the spare slots for impervium armour psi res pieces to build that up. Also I like to slot the steadfast protection +def into the same power as the unbreakable guard +hp piece (so res, res/end, res/end/rech, +hp and steadfast +def). The res on the steadfast fills in for the missing bit.

You really aren't likely to need all that end. I've recently been playing a rad/dark and with just the panacea in health and performance shifter procs in stamina and gamma boost, and the theft proc in rad therapy, it's completely impossible to run out of end. I'd drop conserve power for focused accuracy or head for another epic entirely. You can free up the extra slots out of health and stamina for other things too.

I'd also want more recharge in ground zero. It stays at 90% proc rate with a load of recharge in it. I like 5 pieces of Armageddon (all but the pure damage) and an extra proc.

I'm not all that familiar with rad melee so will let someone else comment on that side of the build. I highly recommend heading over to one of the test servers and build your character there though. You can play with the incarnates and slotting and see how the build actually works in play. I haven't made a build yet that hasn't performed very differently to the way I imagined when it only existed in mids!

1 hour ago, Enku367 said:

Well feel free to roll up that one I posted and let me know if you have any tweaks you would do! I feel like I'm way over capping resists/not getting enough defenses but, I for the life of me can't figure out how to add more lol.

When Meltdown is on cooldown, your resists aren't really that overcapped other than toxic, depending on how many stacks of the ATO you can get from Devestating Blow. You might do well to trade some toxic for some psionic using Impervium. And overcapping resists with Meltdown gives you a response to resistance debuffs. I don't know, but I suspect that's the approach I would take on Radiation Armor. I would likely take Focused Accuracy for the to-hit debuff protection, though I'm not sure what I'd trade to get there, and it's a pain on endurance, so I'd have to do a bunch of endurance calculations. I'd try to slot a Winter's Gift to hit 80% recharge/slow resistance. I'd probably be satified with that, but if you could scrounge up another slot, two Superior Blistering Cold in Boxing would get you to 95%. Probably better things to use a slot for, though. +5 the Recharges in Hasten and elsewhere. I doubt that Rebirth is the way to go on Destiny, since you have other forms of healing and absorb, but I'd have to know more about Radiation's weaknesses to be more certain. I'm guessing Barrier Core or Ageless Radial, but I'm not sure.

I'm really not sure how defense works out on Radiation. It's low, so you'll get hit anyway, particularly in incarnate content, and you have no defense debuff protection, so what little you have is going to go deep into the red against some enemies. But with healing and capped resists, you'll still be reasonably hard to put down. I'm really not sure if it's worth investing in more defense or not.

Apparently I'm going to comment despite saying I should leave it to others. 🙂

11 minutes ago, parabola said:

Not on my pc so can't open the build but just eyeballing it have a couple of comments:

I'm not sure what the 5 slot bonus on unbreakable guard is but I generally stop at 4. You can use the spare slots for impervium armour psi res pieces to build that up. Also I like to slot the steadfast protection +def into the same power as the unbreakable guard +hp piece (so res, res/end, res/end/rech, +hp and steadfast +def). The res on the steadfast fills in for the missing bit.

You really aren't likely to need all that end. I've recently been playing a rad/dark and with just the panacea in health and performance shifter procs in stamina and gamma boost, and the theft proc in rad therapy, it's completely impossible to run out of end. I'd drop conserve power for focused accuracy or head for another epic entirely. You can free up the extra slots out of health and stamina for other things too.

I'd also want more recharge in ground zero. It stays at 90% proc rate with a load of recharge in it. I like 5 pieces of Armageddon (all but the pure damage) and an extra proc.

I'm not all that familiar with rad melee so will let someone else comment on that side of the build. I highly recommend heading over to one of the test servers and build your character there though. You can play with the incarnates and slotting and see how the build actually works in play. I haven't made a build yet that hasn't performed very differently to the way I imagined when it only existed in mids!

I mostly slotted 5 Unbreak Guard because I originally had 2 more AEs and dropped them and , ended up putting those slots in the defenses for more Tox resist. So that is good to know! Where would you suggest I use those extra slots from the defenses and Health/Stam?

For steadfast I can move it from Meltdown to Tough so it is in with the UG set with the +hp, is that what you mean? 

I can definitely drop Energy Mastery for almost anything! I picked it up because I just wasn't sure what I would need and knew a little +End never hurts lol. 

Soon as I get the Armageddon set I shall do a switch out on Ground Zero.

13 minutes ago, Werner said:

When Meltdown is on cooldown, your resists aren't really that overcapped other than toxic, depending on how many stacks of the ATO you can get from Devestating Blow. You might do well to trade some toxic for some psionic using Impervium. And overcapping resists with Meltdown gives you a response to resistance debuffs. I don't know, but I suspect that's the approach I would take on Radiation Armor. I would likely take Focused Accuracy for the to-hit debuff protection, though I'm not sure what I'd trade to get there, and it's a pain on endurance, so I'd have to do a bunch of endurance calculations. I'd try to slot a Winter's Gift to hit 80% recharge/slow resistance. I'd probably be satified with that, but if you could scrounge up another slot, two Superior Blistering Cold in Boxing would get you to 95%. Probably better things to use a slot for, though. +5 the Recharges in Hasten and elsewhere. I doubt that Rebirth is the way to go on Destiny, since you have other forms of healing and absorb, but I'd have to know more about Radiation's weaknesses to be more certain. I'm guessing Barrier Core or Ageless Radial, but I'm not sure.

I'm really not sure how defense works out on Radiation. It's low, so you'll get hit anyway, particularly in incarnate content, and you have no defense debuff protection, so what little you have is going to go deep into the red against some enemies. But with healing and capped resists, you'll still be reasonably hard to put down. I'm really not sure if it's worth investing in more defense or not.

Apparently I'm going to comment despite saying I should leave it to others. 🙂

Yeah I am fully lost on which Incarns I would shoot for in most of those slots beyond Alpha so I still need to see how it handles.

Where would either of you suggest I stick Impervium to get the best use out of it? I have no problem dropping something to sneak it in there!

I can definitely switch in a Winters Gift and Blistering Cold with some of the slots I'm able to free up from Health/Stam and the Defenses.

Thank you both for the insight! This is the kind of feedback I was looking for.

Ok so I have made some of those changes and increased the Psi resist, as well as the +recharge. Have the 5 Armageddon in Ground Zero and switched a bit of the other sets around. Dropped Conserve Power for Focused Acc and freed up a slot for it to cut down on it's end usage. With the Toggles and Rad melee I am finding it a bit End hungry still so I kept 2 slots in Phys Perfection and Health/Stam. Not sure how to get the +5 on my recharges in Hasten to show on Mids but I have those in game as well. It is playing very nicely so far. I have had to work a ton but I have easily cleared +4/8 Fire Farms, and I want to try it in some S/L Farms today if I have time. 

What do you all think so far? I would love some more feedback as I have never really built anything myself lol. What do you think @Werner and @parabola?

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Alpha Barrier -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(5), ImpArm-ResPsi(48)
Level 1: Contaminated Strike -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(9)
Level 2: Gamma Boost -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 4: Radioactive Smash -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dam%(11), TchofLadG-%Dam(11), FrcFdb-Rechg%(13), GldStr-%Dam(13), Hct-Dam%(15)
Level 6: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50), Ksm-ToHit+(50)
Level 8: Proton Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(15), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(17), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(17), ImpArm-ResPsi(48)
Level 10: Fallout Shelter -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(19), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(19), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(21), ImpArm-ResPsi(50)
Level 12: Radiation Therapy -- ThfofEss-+End%(A), TchoftheN-%Dam(21), Erd-%Dam(23), Obl-%Dam(23), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(25), TchoftheN-Heal/HP/Regen/Rchg(25)
Level 16: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)
Level 18: Particle Shielding -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(27), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(27), Prv-Heal/Rchg(29), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(29), Prv-Absorb%(31)
Level 22: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(31), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(31), UnbGrd-Max HP%(33), GldArm-3defTpProc(33)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(33), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(34), Rct-ResDam%(34)
Level 28: Irradiated Ground -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(36), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-%Dam(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), TchofLadG-%Dam(37)
Level 32: Ground Zero -- Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), Arm-Dam%(40), PrfZng-Dam%(40)
Level 35: Devastating Blow -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(42), TchofLadG-%Dam(42), ShlBrk-%Dam(43)
Level 38: Atom Smasher -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Obl-%Dam(45), ShlBrk-%Dam(45), PrfZng-Dam%(45)
Level 41: Focused Accuracy -- EndRdx-I(A), EndRdx-I(46)
Level 44: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(48)
Level 47: Meltdown -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(46)
------------

I've only unlocked the first 3 Incarns, Not sure which I should put into the Destiny slot. Tested Ageless just now and It is definitely the way to go. 

Edited by Enku367

I've shuffled a couple of things around for some minor gains - slightly less end drain, slightly more defence and one more psi res. I'm surprised you are having end concerns and have taken a slot out of physical perfection as it's not so great for pure end slotting. Your best bet for destiny might be to go for Ageless as the recharge will really help you out and that will also refill your end every now and again. I prefer radial for the debuff resistance but ymmv.

I've also changed the slotting in radioactive smash to hecatomb, previously it was a bit low on accuracy for my tastes (prior to focused acc) and you don't lose much in the way of damage from it. However the ff+rech isn't going to be all that great in it as it's a fairly fast recharging power anyway. I'd be tempted to drop the power altogether and take radiation siphon instead which will give better damage and a self heal. In fact I'd probably put the hecatombs in devastating blow where they will have the most effect and use the might of the tanker pieces in a lower tier power. But I'm not all that familiar with rad melee so take all that with a pinch of salt!

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Alpha Barrier -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(3), UnbGrd-Max HP%(5), ImpArm-ResPsi(48), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(48)
Level 4: Radioactive Smash -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Hct-Acc/Rchg(11), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Hct-Dam%(13), FrcFdb-Rechg%(15)
Level 6: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(34), Rct-ResDam%(34), Ksm-ToHit+(50)
Level 8: Proton Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(15), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(17), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(17), ImpArm-ResPsi(48)
Level 10: Fallout Shelter -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(19), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(19), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(21), ImpArm-ResPsi(50)
Level 12: Radiation Therapy -- ThfofEss-+End%(A), TchoftheN-%Dam(21), Erd-%Dam(23), Obl-%Dam(23), ScrDrv-Dam%(25), PrfZng-Dam%(25)
Level 16: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 22: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(31), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(33), GldArm-3defTpProc(33)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(33), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 28: Irradiated Ground -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(36), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-%Dam(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), TchofLadG-%Dam(37)
Level 32: Ground Zero -- Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), Arm-Dam%(40), PrfZng-Dam%(40)
Level 38: Atom Smasher -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Obl-%Dam(45), ShlBrk-%Dam(45), PrfZng-Dam%(45)
Level 44: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 47: Meltdown -- ImpArm-ResPsi(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(46)
------------

29 minutes ago, parabola said:

I've shuffled a couple of things around for some minor gains - slightly less end drain, slightly more defence and one more psi res. I'm surprised you are having end concerns and have taken a slot out of physical perfection as it's not so great for pure end slotting. Your best bet for destiny might be to go for Ageless as the recharge will really help you out and that will also refill your end every now and again. I prefer radial for the debuff resistance but ymmv.

I've also changed the slotting in radioactive smash to hecatomb, previously it was a bit low on accuracy for my tastes (prior to focused acc) and you don't lose much in the way of damage from it. However the ff+rech isn't going to be all that great in it as it's a fairly fast recharging power anyway. I'd be tempted to drop the power altogether and take radiation siphon instead which will give better damage and a self heal. In fact I'd probably put the hecatombs in devastating blow where they will have the most effect and use the might of the tanker pieces in a lower tier power. But I'm not all that familiar with rad melee so take all that with a pinch of salt!

Reveal hidden contents

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Alpha Barrier -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(3), UnbGrd-Max HP%(5), ImpArm-ResPsi(48), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(48)
Level 4: Radioactive Smash -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Hct-Acc/Rchg(11), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Hct-Dam%(13), FrcFdb-Rechg%(15)
Level 6: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(34), Rct-ResDam%(34), Ksm-ToHit+(50)
Level 12: Radiation Therapy -- ThfofEss-+End%(A), TchoftheN-%Dam(21), Erd-%Dam(23), Obl-%Dam(23), ScrDrv-Dam%(25), PrfZng-Dam%(25)
Level 16: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 22: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(31), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(33), GldArm-3defTpProc(33)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(33), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 44: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 47: Meltdown -- ImpArm-ResPsi(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(46)
------------

Awesome, I will check through this build and give it a whirl! So far the character is just a blast to play, so any and all improvements will only make me stick to him even longer lol. Thanks for the work up.

2 minutes ago, parabola said:

Oh btw - if you want to +5 an enhancement in mids you hit the + key a few times while hovering over the enhancement before placing it.

Well that makes too much damn sense doesn't it? lol I didn't even think of that.

Some very brief thoughts based on my experience with Rad Armor:

• Trying to cram in mediocre pieces of defense without reasonable dedication just isn't worth it. Focus on getting the majority of your Resistance stats capped (or as close to as possible) instead.
  • Any piece of healing you can achieve for yourself is invaluable as those are the tools that counter balance the damage you take, as such make sure you're taking Radiation Siphon, this is a must-have both for its ST damage function, and the Heal component when it goes off.
  • Ground Zero is a fun power to pump procs into, but it has a rather long cool down that does not lend well to consistent per-spawn availability that you can get from other abilities in other epics... of which:
  • As much of a broken record as I am starting to feel now, Soul is just an incredibly good Epic (PPP) for Gloom, Dark Obliteration, and even Darkest Night.
    • Gloom gives you a ranged tool to grab runners and one-offs outside of reach, alongside being just a very good attack.
    • Dark Obliteration is a ranged TAoE, meaning you can engage an initial spawn and fire that off into another to collect up groups effectively, with a couple of procs it's also a nice power to have access to for damage, and can be up pretty much every spawn while bending Beta Decay's full saturation.
    • Darkest Night is a really good anchoring taunt for Tankers. It debuffs both ToHit and Damage which adds to your survival as a Res based set, and the -ToHit adds up with Beta Decay. Between AoE damage, Gauntlet, and debuff effects, you'll aggressively capture and taunt enemies around you.

Here is a modified build:

Spoiler

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Gamma Boost -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), PrfShf-End%(7)
Level 1: Contaminated Strike -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(7)
Level 2: Alpha Barrier -- TtnCtn-ResDam(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(9), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(11), ImpArm-ResPsi(17)
Level 4: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 6: Proton Sweep -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Arm-Acc/Rchg(13), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Arm-Dam%(15), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(15)
Level 8: Proton Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(25), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(25), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(27), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(27), UnbGrd-Max HP%(29)
Level 10: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(37), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(45)
Level 12: Super Jump -- WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng/EndRdx(A), WntGif-ResSlow(29)
Level 14: Tough -- HO:Ribo(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(17), Ags-Psi/Status(19)
Level 16: Radiation Siphon -- SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(19), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(21), Mk'Bit-Dam%(23), HO:Golgi(23)
Level 18: Particle Shielding -- Prv-Heal/Rchg(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(50)
Level 20: Fusion -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 24: Beta Decay -- EndRdx-I(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(31)
Level 26: Radiation Therapy -- Prv-Heal/Rchg(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(34), Obl-%Dam(34), ScrDrv-Dam%(34), Erd-%Dam(36), TchoftheN-%Dam(36)
Level 28: Irradiated Ground -- SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 30: Fallout Shelter -- ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), ImpArm-ResDam(45), ImpArm-ResPsi(46)
Level 32: Meltdown -- UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(33), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(33), ImpArm-ResPsi(48)
Level 35: Devastating Blow -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Hct-Acc/Rchg(37), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Hct-Dam%(40), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(43)
Level 38: Atom Smasher -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), TchofLadG-%Dam(39), Obl-%Dam(40), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(40)
Level 41: Gloom -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Apc-Dam%(42), Dcm-Build%(43), CldSns-%Dam(43)
Level 44: Dark Obliteration -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), CldSns-%Dam(45), PstBls-Dam%(46), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46)
Level 47: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(50), GssSynFr--Build%(50)
Level 49: Darkest Night -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(48)
Level 2: Stamina -- PwrTrns-EndMod(A), PwrTrns-+Heal(48)
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
		|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
		|MxDz;1459;733;1466;HEX;|
		|78DA6594C96F52511487CF830708A576C04A074A4B27A642216AD238356AD5444BD|
		|258E39690F6D9922210A089C69589739CE2C68D1A57A6BA681C12E34217FE016E1D|
		|17C69D46AD8D435B5778B8BF2336E185C7C73DF33DE75E12C7479D0BFB4F8D90E6D|
		|C9349158BC9C3A9ECAC51B02452D3E949AA3C367EBD9026478DA346B668440FA5A6|
		|D2A9523A974DEE2A1CCB153CA24E181963AD52ADA97E3C97CB44F7A5A7674AE9EC7|
		|4835A8D19A929A3509C49E79DFFD679563AD462226F1853EEBDF9F464747761AE64|
		|24277273996422552C198513AD5CCE00BFCF82FCA5550A2C6B74807FF875B2DE301|
		|1C5755AF0933C650BBD322B99E9B5F00DA8BF15BE03ADEFC18BECAB21AEAE453525|
		|5B1712464047186C0C22AFC63D32231F99CBFCD0038E62910A2CC395AAACE4D80A3|
		|AB709B783EB77084750C125F6B5A1028BED1764ADBF85CB60FB8A7015F4FC019BB8|
		|123BF29AEC2DA8B2EF277483074137DBD4C146AB6B37ABDC9E0ED0CCBA7AE436D5E|
		|F6458CDD418ABC4B153F316C47BC8F535C8DE1A2EE8CAAFF90CB8E1AC304D8A1B67|
		|85C388758D7D9B646A4D5F504FFC2BF89C27EA922EBAC2A472F6703D2D62DF2232A|
		|FF02AC772AB519535B78F540CEF0BEEA54BA72BAC6B53C7A36C695379ECE4FB2C24|
		|E4F39D844FEF22FB74325B21FF1120EA901E74DCC27EBCB7C1EE3BE0658EDF29369|
		|D7D955360A7C1001851A7C246D7D9A60BFB3177AD2077F7AA70191C9213F4886D7B|
		|A4A73D03380FBD01B02F280C81FE3018F2838FD9B75F7CFB4FEB6A0F03E784E7852|
		|FC557F6EEFF084E3202E21B98876DF0BE3086DB148C83A19BA46A0D7D42BF0CF60D|
		|CBFEC24F2A3E361A543A1B459E925A474C164517CF312AFD8ACE235EFCAEF01EF8C|
		|1491493F9C77C98B147AFDE64FE546E5650AFDEFB72A8461BAB91C46B249B6A249B|
		|6B24633592715DD2B24453127B63F5D697BF39AAFF1AA44570AEBEFF97699A0FFD1|
		|E3A823BB4B8D63E00FBA5B5F64B98C1D03238C617232EBBFE0B85C5EC17|

Some Notes:

• I made the assumption that this would team, and as such I also added Tactics into the build to help patch Radiation Armor's Confuse/Fear hole (and give some Acc the build needs). I also dumped the Gaussian's proc here because (again, assuming teaming) it'll have a pretty decent rate to go off with 8 members, more often than it would just in Fusion alone.
  • Maneuvers is purely included as a set mule for the Res IO Uniques (and a LotG for kicks), it's not intended to be run.
  • I wouldn't normally suggest Proton Sweep, but Tanker's Guantlet improvements should extend its range and radius a bit making it more versatile for a Tanker. If you'd feel inclined to do Radioactive Smash instead you could, it technically has better rates on spreading Contamination than Contaminated Strike does, but... you can't skip CS which is the bummer aspects.
  • Meltdown serves as your debuff coverage, but it also has a decent +Dam effect so if you're fighting enemies that can't really harm you, I'd regularly cycle through it for the buff.

I took my Rad/SS/Soul and just flipped it into Rad Melee, so I know its pretty solid from an endurance stand point, and picking up Agless as an Incarnate just gives that extra "long fight" coverage.

6 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

Some very brief thoughts based on my experience with Rad Armor:

• Trying to cram in mediocre pieces of defense without reasonable dedication just isn't worth it. Focus on getting the majority of your Resistance stats capped (or as close to as possible) instead.
  • Any piece of healing you can achieve for yourself is invaluable as those are the tools that counter balance the damage you take, as such make sure you're taking Radiation Siphon, this is a must-have both for its ST damage function, and the Heal component when it goes off.
  • Ground Zero is a fun power to pump procs into, but it has a rather long cool down that does not lend well to consistent per-spawn availability that you can get from other abilities in other epics... of which:
  • As much of a broken record as I am starting to feel now, Soul is just an incredibly good Epic (PPP) for Gloom, Dark Obliteration, and even Darkest Night.
    • Gloom gives you a ranged tool to grab runners and one-offs outside of reach, alongside being just a very good attack.
    • Dark Obliteration is a ranged TAoE, meaning you can engage an initial spawn and fire that off into another to collect up groups effectively, with a couple of procs it's also a nice power to have access to for damage, and can be up pretty much every spawn while bending Beta Decay's full saturation.
    • Darkest Night is a really good anchoring taunt for Tankers. It debuffs both ToHit and Damage which adds to your survival as a Res based set, and the -ToHit adds up with Beta Decay. Between AoE damage, Gauntlet, and debuff effects, you'll aggressively capture and taunt enemies around you.

Here is a modified build:

Reveal hidden contents

Level 50 Magic Tanker

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Contaminated Strike -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(7)
Level 2: Alpha Barrier -- TtnCtn-ResDam(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(9), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(11), ImpArm-ResPsi(17)
Level 6: Proton Sweep -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Arm-Acc/Rchg(13), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Arm-Dam%(15), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(15)
Level 8: Proton Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(25), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(25), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(27), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(27), UnbGrd-Max HP%(29)
Level 10: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(37), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(45)
Level 12: Super Jump -- WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng/EndRdx(A), WntGif-ResSlow(29)
Level 14: Tough -- HO:Ribo(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(17), Ags-Psi/Status(19)
Level 16: Radiation Siphon -- SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(19), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(21), Mk'Bit-Dam%(23), HO:Golgi(23)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 26: Radiation Therapy -- Prv-Heal/Rchg(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(34), Obl-%Dam(34), ScrDrv-Dam%(34), Erd-%Dam(36), TchoftheN-%Dam(36)
Level 28: Irradiated Ground -- SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 30: Fallout Shelter -- ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), ImpArm-ResDam(45), ImpArm-ResPsi(46)
Level 32: Meltdown -- UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(33), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(33), ImpArm-ResPsi(48)
Level 35: Devastating Blow -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Hct-Acc/Rchg(37), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Hct-Dam%(40), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(43)
Level 38: Atom Smasher -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), TchofLadG-%Dam(39), Obl-%Dam(40), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(40)
Level 41: Gloom -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Apc-Dam%(42), Dcm-Build%(43), CldSns-%Dam(43)
Level 44: Dark Obliteration -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), CldSns-%Dam(45), PstBls-Dam%(46), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46)
Level 47: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(50), GssSynFr--Build%(50)
Level 49: Darkest Night -- EndRdx-I(A)
------------

|MxDz;1459;733;1466;HEX;|
		|78DA6594C96F52511487CF830708A576C04A074A4B27A642216AD238356AD5444BD|
		|258E39690F6D9922210A089C69589739CE2C68D1A57A6BA681C12E34217FE016E1D|
		|17C69D46AD8D435B5778B8BF2336E185C7C73DF33DE75E12C7479D0BFB4F8D90E6D|
		|C9349158BC9C3A9ECAC51B02452D3E949AA3C367EBD9026478DA346B668440FA5A6|
		|D2A9523A974DEE2A1CCB153CA24E181963AD52ADA97E3C97CB44F7A5A7674AE9EC7|
		|4835A8D19A929A3509C49E79DFFD679563AD462226F1853EEBDF9F464747761AE64|
		|24277273996422552C198513AD5CCE00BFCF82FCA5550A2C6B74807FF875B2DE301|
		|1C5755AF0933C650BBD322B99E9B5F00DA8BF15BE03ADEFC18BECAB21AEAE453525|
		|5B1712464047186C0C22AFC63D32231F99CBFCD0038E62910A2CC395AAACE4D80A3|
		|AB709B783EB77084750C125F6B5A1028BED1764ADBF85CB60FB8A7015F4FC019BB8|
		|123BF29AEC2DA8B2EF277483074137DBD4C146AB6B37ABDC9E0ED0CCBA7AE436D5E|
		|F6458CDD418ABC4B153F316C47BC8F535C8DE1A2EE8CAAFF90CB8E1AC304D8A1B67|
		|85C388758D7D9B646A4D5F504FFC2BF89C27EA922EBAC2A472F6703D2D62DF2232A|
		|FF02AC772AB519535B78F540CEF0BEEA54BA72BAC6B53C7A36C695379ECE4FB2C24|
		|E4F39D844FEF22FB74325B21FF1120EA901E74DCC27EBCB7C1EE3BE0658EDF29369|
		|D7D955360A7C1001851A7C246D7D9A60BFB3177AD2077F7AA70191C9213F4886D7B|
		|A4A73D03380FBD01B02F280C81FE3018F2838FD9B75F7CFB4FEB6A0F03E784E7852|
		|FC557F6EEFF084E3202E21B98876DF0BE3086DB148C83A19BA46A0D7D42BF0CF60D|
		|CBFEC24F2A3E361A543A1B459E925A474C164517CF312AFD8ACE235EFCAEF01EF8C|
		|1491493F9C77C98B147AFDE64FE546E5650AFDEFB72A8461BAB91C46B249B6A249B|
		|6B24633592715DD2B24453127B63F5D697BF39AAFF1AA44570AEBEFF97699A0FFD1|
		|E3A823BB4B8D63E00FBA5B5F64B98C1D03238C617232EBBFE0B85C5EC17|

Some Notes:

• I made the assumption that this would team, and as such I also added Tactics into the build to help patch Radiation Armor's Confuse/Fear hole (and give some Acc the build needs). I also dumped the Gaussian's proc here because (again, assuming teaming) it'll have a pretty decent rate to go off with 8 members, more often than it would just in Fusion alone.
  • Maneuvers is purely included as a set mule for the Res IO Uniques (and a LotG for kicks), it's not intended to be run.
  • I wouldn't normally suggest Proton Sweep, but Tanker's Guantlet improvements should extend its range and radius a bit making it more versatile for a Tanker. If you'd feel inclined to do Radioactive Smash instead you could, it technically has better rates on spreading Contamination than Contaminated Strike does, but... you can't skip CS which is the bummer aspects.
  • Meltdown serves as your debuff coverage, but it also has a decent +Dam effect so if you're fighting enemies that can't really harm you, I'd regularly cycle through it for the buff.

I took my Rad/SS/Soul and just flipped it into Rad Melee, so I know its pretty solid from an endurance stand point, and picking up Agless as an Incarnate just gives that extra "long fight" coverage.

Oh this one looks super interesting! I actually originally based my build on a Rad/SS I had seen a few days ago. I was very split on taking Energy/Soul but I ended up going Energy because I just couldn't get the attacks to visually match the aesthetic I was going for. I am going to try again though see if I can get it to match the other powers a bit better because I just keep reading the joys of the set over and over lol. I have never even thought of just fully dropping Defense all together, it seems like with my melee at 30ish% I was dodging quite a few hits.

What would the rotation be like on this one? It seems like now I barely even use my STs; I just stand in a pack of mobs and cycle Ground Zero Rad Ther, and Atom Smasher. Which ends up mostly being Stom smasher because as you said GZ does have quite the CD. I am definitely going to give this a whirl as I think this char may be the most fun I have had in CoH in a while lol.

Thank you for the write-up @Sir Myshkin!

8 hours ago, Enku367 said:

What would the rotation be like on this one?

I'll be honest Radiation Melee can be "okay" from a ST perspective, but Irradiated Ground and Atom Smasher are what really drive it home as a more AoE centered set (along with Proton Sweep, on Tankers specifically). A ST chain could be PS > RS > Gloom > DB, or you could do CS > RS > CS > Gloom > DB for the +Res proc, or CS > PS > RS > Gloom > DB, or you could do any of the previous without DB and still do relatively well enough.

Radiation Therapy > Atom Smasher > Dark Obliteration > Proton Sweep (clean up) will strongly cover you for an AoE cycle. Most minions will get wiped out between Atom and DOblit (with a couple of ticks from Irradiated), leaving you to focus on Lieuts/Bosses primarily in every single encounter. Once you filter the cycle, just start swinging at Bosses and use positioning with PS and Atom when it pops back up to deal with Lieuts.

What color were you trying to get your powers? I was able to get a blue effect on Gloom and DOblit that didn't look too far off the blue I used on my Rad Armor, so I'd imagine you should be able to get to something close enough to seem unified.

6 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

I'll be honest Radiation Melee can be "okay" from a ST perspective, but Irradiated Ground and Atom Smasher are what really drive it home as a more AoE centered set (along with Proton Sweep, on Tankers specifically). A ST chain could be PS > RS > Gloom > DB, or you could do CS > RS > CS > Gloom > DB for the +Res proc, or CS > PS > RS > Gloom > DB, or you could do any of the previous without DB and still do relatively well enough.

Radiation Therapy > Atom Smasher > Dark Obliteration > Proton Sweep (clean up) will strongly cover you for an AoE cycle. Most minions will get wiped out between Atom and DOblit (with a couple of ticks from Irradiated), leaving you to focus on Lieuts/Bosses primarily in every single encounter. Once you filter the cycle, just start swinging at Bosses and use positioning with PS and Atom when it pops back up to deal with Lieuts.

What color were you trying to get your powers? I was able to get a blue effect on Gloom and DOblit that didn't look too far off the blue I used on my Rad Armor, so I'd imagine you should be able to get to something close enough to seem unified.

Well I fully rolled up this build and I have to say that Dark Oblit and Gloom do feel really good and with Ageless running I havent had much in the way of End problems. I am a pale orange and blue color palette that I was able o get them to pretty closely resemble. The only things I am not liking so far are Proton Sweep and the low defense. PS seems to only hit one mob maybe 2 for only about 70 plus a couple of 24 damage ticks from a DoT. The defenses is mostly not an issue, I knew I would get hit more and my powers seem to fill me back up quick but, it does feel quite a bit squishier. I still need to +5 some of the sets that I just noticed had them though. 

So all in all it does feel really good; Still trucking through +4/8 content. Only things I feel like I need to charge are dropping PS and possibly Darkest Night (since I always forget about it lol). What do you think would be a good replacement for one or both of those? 

16 minutes ago, Enku367 said:

So all in all it does feel really good; Still trucking through +4/8 content. Only things I feel like I need to charge are dropping PS and possibly Darkest Night (since I always forget about it lol). What do you think would be a good replacement for one or both of those? 

If you're not feeling Proton Sweep, I'll be fair and point out that it has pretty much the same DPA as anything else you'd potentially exchange it for, its ability to hit multiple targets just happens to be a plus. Personally I hate the animation and ended up redacting it from my Scrapper (where I played Rad Melee) in favor of RSmash, RSiphon, and DB as my exclusive ST attacks. If you do want to toss it out, Rad Smash is pretty much your only alternative option. Do keep in mind that one cornerstone aspect of Rad Melee isn't all about the up-front damage, but also the contamination triggers that spread around. While you may not be seeing a directly-connected pop of damage on your targeted target, there may be effects going off around you.

As for Darkest Night, think of it as your Taunt. Ultimately, if it helps to just flat out have a Taunt, then get Taunt. Debuff is the one extra layer of secured aggro management the helps a Tanker keep aggro beyond just "taunting", and since Darkest Night is a toggle, it grabs, holds, and really makes that anchor angry with you. Do I use it every spawn? Not a chance! But it's there for dire needs, AV/GM's, pretty much any situation where I need to over-extend my aggro cap potential by tossing a lure out and dragging things my way by force. This may not lean to everyone's play style, so a regular Taunt may be just the alt answer you need. But I'd definitely take  one of them. Also, a key component about Darkest Night's inclusion is it does -Damage, which acts like bonus/reverse Resistance.

Given all that, you could (although I'd sooner take the wider variety of tools myself) still get Weave and some defense in the build, but the array of -Def granting enemies out there will strip such a low amount pretty quickly:

Spoiler

Level 50 Magic Tanker

Hero Profile:
Level 6: Proton Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(11), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(13), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(13), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(15), UnbGrd-Max HP%(15)
Level 8: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 10: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(29), Rct-ResDam%(37)
Level 14: Tough -- HO:Ribo(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(17), Ags-Psi/Status(19), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(25), GldArm-3defTpProc(25)
Level 22: Weave -- ShlWal-Def(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(27), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(27), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(45)
Level 44: Dark Obliteration -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(45), CldSns-%Dam(46), PstBls-Dam%(46)
Level 49: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
------------

|MxDz;1459;728;1456;HEX;|
		|78DA6594CB4F135114C6EFB4D3D69622850AE55928AFBE68E9F8485C6954C4886D4|
		|2C4B86D2630C284DA366D4934AE4C7CC757DCB851E3CAA00B1235312E74E11FE0D6|
		|E7CA9D4645E20370359EDEEF50493AE9CC6FE63B8F7BCFB9F736736ACCBB74E8EC5|
		|EA1780FE4F472397B4CCFCF1B2547469F35A745F572D11D849A1D334E18F9B2913C|
		|AACF987AC52CE4B3FB4A270BA56E36678C9CB1D928BF45E364A1904B8E9BB373153|
		|33FEB915F5345C3986992AF69439F314AE539B3E8DDF82E925FE060D19C4EEE2F2D|
		|548CEC54612197CDE8E58A513ADD4ED319A6FB45941E4A7582962226E825AC0AE76|
		|D9B109A2A96C2822FCB21DED8A5667BCB7C07AAEF991F40E747F00AC52AC8AB2A49|
		|456A5B62CC04E88983BE28C655A847768C27EC165DE22A6571208BC3F11B993D7F4|
		|0EF2A730DDCBACEFC0BF653361757E68A1334B708329BC9E686CDE66EC52CBA7D8A|
		|B40DFE427C807C1A301BA5A1135A771768275B2357D7B887E0B40B5F0AF12DBB90A|
		|F3D40EC216E47CC63AAA589BBD9745925CD295ACE83DB2E304D21D936CFDC8DDC37|
		|29B6996B69FE8A7CDA37F025ADA09FBBE6E7FA549A5F2BFCEDAD13F0EB1C671E064|
		|78E80372877402E95A50442426AC157B403FCAAB84EB60EB93D2C47871CD72D425F|
		|9802F1A133881958B6C97A07DAA1FF8C08D1C53DEEBA8BFA82F7C0BEFBE035CADFC|
		|33E3D83D55DE0162311302177854BDC229F5ED467EF5DC3D87DEBCC55709477D013|
		|F2EDE71EF70FDBE41803117030CA8C81E138180B834F2976886387CEA9B286E18BC|
		|C4BCCD71CCBB5873F81D38408C74616E11B7DC44CE1344535307647C8B9C63EA35F|
		|06C5C6B9BEF833C48CD81C9209F6493C478FFDB4AE49EE577211F9B407CC87601BF|
		|9A4E023521B7B5BAD9D64FA554F5654AD9D7B2B56674DD5295A9DB2A34ED959A7A4|
		|EB944995872545918ADB573BF5D6774FED5F432809D4FCE3BFA62821F47BF438EA5|
		|ADEEC1F81FFCA66FF15F47374154CD341D1B8EA7F38A1EA15|

21 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

If you're not feeling Proton Sweep, I'll be fair and point out that it has pretty much the same DPA as anything else you'd potentially exchange it for, its ability to hit multiple targets just happens to be a plus. Personally I hate the animation and ended up redacting it from my Scrapper (where I played Rad Melee) in favor of RSmash, RSiphon, and DB as my exclusive ST attacks. If you do want to toss it out, Rad Smash is pretty much your only alternative option. Do keep in mind that one cornerstone aspect of Rad Melee isn't all about the up-front damage, but also the contamination triggers that spread around. While you may not be seeing a directly-connected pop of damage on your targeted target, there may be effects going off around you.

As for Darkest Night, think of it as your Taunt. Ultimately, if it helps to just flat out have a Taunt, then get Taunt. Debuff is the one extra layer of secured aggro management the helps a Tanker keep aggro beyond just "taunting", and since Darkest Night is a toggle, it grabs, holds, and really makes that anchor angry with you. Do I use it every spawn? Not a chance! But it's there for dire needs, AV/GM's, pretty much any situation where I need to over-extend my aggro cap potential by tossing a lure out and dragging things my way by force. This may not lean to everyone's play style, so a regular Taunt may be just the alt answer you need. But I'd definitely take  one of them. Also, a key component about Darkest Night's inclusion is it does -Damage, which acts like bonus/reverse Resistance.

Given all that, you could (although I'd sooner take the wider variety of tools myself) still get Weave and some defense in the build, but the array of -Def granting enemies out there will strip such a low amount pretty quickly:

Reveal hidden contents

Level 50 Magic Tanker

Hero Profile:
Level 6: Proton Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(11), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(13), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(13), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(15), UnbGrd-Max HP%(15)
Level 8: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 10: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(29), Rct-ResDam%(37)
Level 14: Tough -- HO:Ribo(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(17), Ags-Psi/Status(19), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(25), GldArm-3defTpProc(25)
Level 22: Weave -- ShlWal-Def(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(27), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(27), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(45)
Level 44: Dark Obliteration -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(45), CldSns-%Dam(46), PstBls-Dam%(46)
Level 49: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
------------

|MxDz;1459;728;1456;HEX;|
		|78DA6594CB4F135114C6EFB4D3D69622850AE55928AFBE68E9F8485C6954C4886D4|
		|2C4B86D2630C284DA366D4934AE4C7CC757DCB851E3CAA00B1235312E74E11FE0D6|
		|E7CA9D4645E20370359EDEEF50493AE9CC6FE63B8F7BCFB9F736736ACCBB74E8EC5|
		|EA1780FE4F472397B4CCFCF1B2547469F35A745F572D11D849A1D334E18F9B2913C|
		|AACF987AC52CE4B3FB4A270BA56E36678C9CB1D928BF45E364A1904B8E9BB373153|
		|33FEB915F5345C3986992AF69439F314AE539B3E8DDF82E925FE060D19C4EEE2F2D|
		|548CEC54612197CDE8E58A513ADD4ED319A6FB45941E4A7582962226E825AC0AE76|
		|D9B109A2A96C2822FCB21DED8A5667BCB7C07AAEF991F40E747F00AC52AC8AB2A49|
		|456A5B62CC04E88983BE28C655A847768C27EC165DE22A6571208BC3F11B993D7F4|
		|0EF2A730DDCBACEFC0BF653361757E68A1334B708329BC9E686CDE66EC52CBA7D8A|
		|B40DFE427C807C1A301BA5A1135A771768275B2357D7B887E0B40B5F0AF12DBB90A|
		|F3D40EC216E47CC63AAA589BBD9745925CD295ACE83DB2E304D21D936CFDC8DDC37|
		|29B6996B69FE8A7CDA37F025ADA09FBBE6E7FA549A5F2BFCEDAD13F0EB1C671E064|
		|78E80372877402E95A50442426AC157B403FCAAB84EB60EB93D2C47871CD72D425F|
		|9802F1A133881958B6C97A07DAA1FF8C08D1C53DEEBA8BFA82F7C0BEFBE035CADFC|
		|33E3D83D55DE0162311302177854BDC229F5ED467EF5DC3D87DEBCC55709477D013|
		|F2EDE71EF70FDBE41803117030CA8C81E138180B834F2976886387CEA9B286E18BC|
		|C4BCCD71CCBB5873F81D38408C74616E11B7DC44CE1344535307647C8B9C63EA35F|
		|06C5C6B9BEF833C48CD81C9209F6493C478FFDB4AE49EE577211F9B407CC87601BF|
		|9A4E023521B7B5BAD9D64FA554F5654AD9D7B2B56674DD5295A9DB2A34ED959A7A4|
		|EB944995872545918ADB573BF5D6774FED5F432809D4FCE3BFA62821F47BF438EA5|
		|ADEEC1F81FFCA66FF15F47374154CD341D1B8EA7F38A1EA15|

Oh I see! I haven't done much in an actual team yet, just testing solo in +4/8. I will keep it as it is and try some group content to get the feel for it there. I have had so much fun with him just stomp through stuff I forgot I may be called to actually tank something lol.

@Sir Myshkin one question I do have is with Irradiated Ground. Does it not work well with procs? I see with the 3 slots it is already over damage cap (at least I think that is what it means when the number is red in mids lol.) but I thought having a few procs in that would help overall?

My very last question would be what secondary would you go with besides Rad melee? Besides SS and TW because I just can't get into those 2 at all.

Edited by Enku367