Catalysmic Badge - Damage dealt

Glacier Peak

Fellow badgers, please share your wisdom - I am averaging less than 900k per hour with my current setup (detailed below). I knew ahead of time this one was a grind, but I think I am not doing it as efficiently as possible.

Setup:

Level 50+3 Ice/Cold Corruptor (AoE autopower is Soul Drain from the Soul Mastery PPP with a 47 second recharge)

Ouroborus Mission "View your Future Memory"

AVs set to +4 so they have extra health

Gather 7 AVs in to small area (10ft radius) and auto power.

With the powers imbued on my character in this mission, every 47 seconds Soul Drain deals approximately 14,350 damage. For math's sake, let me say it activates once every minute and deals 15,000 damage. That rough approximation gets me to about 900,000 damage dealt per hour. Which means it will take 111 hours or close to five straight days of grinding to earn the Cataclysmic badge.

The biggest issue I am finding is that my primary set lacks any AoEs. Frost Breath is a cone that recharges 3 seconds under the mission buff. It recharges too fast to be used for this purpose. I've tried both the Pyronic and Cryonic Judgement powers, but their damage output is abysmal compared to Soul Drain (and they take forever to recharge since their recharge times are unaffected by buffs). Soul drain seems to be my only option (I just use selectbuild 2 instead of respecing every time). Even having Ice Storm, Sleet, and Blizzard recharge very quickly and casting it, I am finding the damage output to still not match Soul Drain (and it scatters the AVs like crazy).

=================================================================================================
(EDIT 9/28/2020):

Update to my original post! While working on the damage dealt badges again, I came across a realization - BRAWL!

Brawl is up instantaneously (Activation time = 0.82 / Recharge time = 0.40). It deals an average of 80,000* damage per minute or 4.8 million an hour! (* enemies will die quickly if you do not cycle between the group). Using this method, the last damage dealt badge could be achieved in less than a day! (20 hours total). For context, the previous method I discussed averages around 900,000 damage dealt per hour.

Setup:

Any build or AT!

Set enemy level to +4. AVs set to +4 have extra health

Gather 8 or more AVs in to small area (10ft radius).

Target one of the AVs and put Brawl on auto.

Allow the target's health to reach halfway then cycle to the next closest AV and repeat.

Having 8 or more AV's allows each AV's health to regenerate to full so this cycle can continue without defeating one.

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

I haven't found a good method for this either.  I tried "View your Future Memory", but fireball as a Controller Epic pool power was whittling them down too fast.  I had thought about duel boxing with some AV content, but hadn't decided on a good mission to try it on.  Not sure if PVP content might be the way to go with duel boxing with a tank.

2 minutes ago, Ura Hero said:

I haven't found a good method for this either.  I tried "View your Future Memory", but fireball as a Controller Epic pool power was whittling them down too fast.  I had thought about duel boxing with some AV content, but hadn't decided on a good mission to try it on.  Not sure if PVP content might be the way to go with duel boxing with a tank.

I feel that! I think this is like the slowest method possible for grinding it out.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

The "View your future memory" - the first alpha unlock mission from Mender Remiel is a good way to go. 

I think the issue is you're using the wrong power to dish out the damage. Use Judgement. 

What I did with my blaster, was blast each AV with ice blast, and do my best to get them to follow me, and group them. I was able to get most of them to the entrance of the building, and just put judgement on Auto. It really didn't take that long compared to the damage taken badges. 

35 minutes ago, Ukase said:

The "View your future memory" - the first alpha unlock mission from Mender Remiel is a good way to go. 

I think the issue is you're using the wrong power to dish out the damage. Use Judgement. 

What I did with my blaster, was blast each AV with ice blast, and do my best to get them to follow me, and group them. I was able to get most of them to the entrance of the building, and just put judgement on Auto. It really didn't take that long compared to the damage taken badges. 

I mentioned in my original post that I tried both Judgement T4 of Cryonic and Pyronic. I also mentioned that they did less damage over time than the method I explained.

Edit: I also mentioned I use the "View Future Memory" Ouroborus mission. 

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour

9 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

I mentioned in my original post that I tried both Judgement T4 of Cryonic and Pyronic. I also mentioned that they did less damage over time than the method I explained.

Edit: I also mentioned I use the "View Future Memory" Ouroborus mission. 

I knew you used the same mission, but I didn't see anything about you using judgement of any kind. Yet, I look at it now, and there it is. Sorry about that. 

One thing - maybe gather more than 7 if you can. 

Another thing..when you find a power is doing too much dps to let the avs regen, you have options - which you hinted at using a second build, but you can also simply unslot a given power's enhancements, and leave 'em in your tray for when you're done. As you've no doubt discovered, if you dish out too much dps, the AV's die. While I can't say there are no better methods, when I look through the badge forum, this seems to be the one most people use for farming damage. 

If you get it done in 111 hours, that's like 5-6 days. Which is fine. Just play on your alt account in the meantime. We get to have 3 accounts, may as well enjoy the game while the primary account does the grunt work. 

Edited by Ukase
oopsie

5 hours ago, Ukase said:

Another thing..when you find a power is doing too much dps to let the avs regen, you have options - which you hinted at using a second build, but you can also simply unslot a given power's enhancements, and leave 'em in your tray for when you're done. As you've no doubt discovered, if you dish out too much dps, the AV's die. While I can't say there are no better methods, when I look through the badge forum, this seems to be the one most people use for farming damage.

Whether the power is enhanced really won't matter. The mission forces you to have capped recharge and damage. The real damage dealer anyway is the damage proc that the mission gives you.

Overall, the only thing I can suggest is try to pull all the AVs in the mission. There are 15, though the Crystal Titan and Ruladak won't move. I like to group up the AVs by the Crystal Titan, using the doorway to force the more ranged-focused AVs to melee so that I can hit 14 fairly reliably with something like judgement.

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.

6 hours ago, Ukase said:

I knew you used the same mission, but I didn't see anything about you using judgement of any kind. Yet, I look at it now, and there it is. Sorry about that. 

One thing - maybe gather more than 7 if you can. 

If you get it done in 111 hours, that's like 5-6 days. Which is fine. Just play on your alt account in the meantime. We get to have 3 accounts, may as well enjoy the game while the primary account does the grunt work. 

No prob - the max target of Soul Drain is 7 enemies. While the judgement powers far exceed this, even gathering the aggro cap and using the judgement power every 1 minute 30 seconds is still lower than the damage dealt value of using Soul Drain on 7 enemies.

Unfortunately with that particular Ouro mission, everything is capped. Max damage, recharge, end recov, etc. Enhancements don't do anything. Though I agree this mission is the most popular based on my search of the forums as well.

I think 111 hours isn't impossible, but the point of the post was to seek an more efficient method.

Pocket D Zone Tour

59 minutes ago, Burk said:

Whether the power is enhanced really won't matter. The mission forces you to have capped recharge and damage. The real damage dealer anyway is the damage proc that the mission gives you.

Overall, the only thing I can suggest is try to pull all the AVs in the mission. There are 15, though the Crystal Titan and Ruladak won't move. I like to group up the AVs by the Crystal Titan, using the doorway to force the more ranged-focused AVs to melee so that I can hit 14 fairly reliably with something like judgement.

I am stuck with a 7 enemy target cap on Soul Drain unfortunately. And the damage dealt via Judgement T4s is less with aggro capped AVs gathered vs. Soul Drain. Soul Drain puts up great DoT numbers and recharges in 43 seconds. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Soul Drain really looks like the way to go using "View your Future Memory".   I added "Player is debuffed" to the mix and I am getting 1.85M damage an hour (calculated), which should get me the badge in around 33 hours with the progress already made.  Best case with Judgement was around 378k an hour.  Quite a large improvement.  This is what I am going to go with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ura Hero said:

Soul Drain really looks like the way to go using "View your Future Memory".   I added "Player is debuffed" to the mix and I am getting 1.85M damage an hour (calculated), which should get me the badge in around 33 hours with the progress already made.  Best case with Judgement was around 378k an hour.  Quite a large improvement.  This is what I am going to go with.

Whoa! Really?? I didn't think to try the player debuffed option. Great advice, ill let you know how I do with that.

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

2 hours ago, Ura Hero said:

Real world numbers over the last two hours:

1,447,450 Dmg/Hr

A bit off of the calculated, but still quite fast at 42 hours to finish the badge out.   Thanks to @Glacier Peakfor the hint at which power to use.

Edited by Ura Hero
  • Like 1

@Ura Hero

So enabling the "Players Under Constant Debuff" option before initiating the ouroborus mission causes the following things to occur:

-50% strength to accuracy on self

-50% strength to damage on self

-50% strength to various mez protections

The -acc causes more misses for me that by not clicking the option, but the damage and mez are irrelevant because the mission pushes your damage and mez protection up to the cap regardless. That being said, I don't think enabling the constant debuff on players option as beneficial.

Having the enemies set to -1 level and no other options enabled, gave me the same damage dealt number per activation of Soul Drain: 14,800 damage.

Having the enemies set to +4 level and "Enemies are buffed" enabled gave me the same damage dealt number per activation of Soul Drain; 14,800 damage.

Can you possibly detail your setup as much as possible so I can figure out why my numbers are off?

Pocket D Zone Tour

Here is a screenshot of my mission settings and the Soul Drain Power.  Level 50 Controller, all T4 slotted.  No Enhancements slotted.

I reset to go without the Debuff option.  I'll report back in an hour on how it's going.

Spoiler

Ura Hero.jpgUra Hero 2.jpg

Edited by Ura Hero

44 minutes ago, Ura Hero said:

Here is a screenshot of my mission settings and the Soul Drain Power.  Level 50 Controller, all T4 slotted.  No Enhancements slotted.

I reset to go without the Debuff option.  I'll report back in an hour on how it's going.

Hide contents

Ura Hero.jpgUra Hero 2.jpg

Ah  you know what I bet its because I haven't put on my incarnates on lol! I'll report back, thank you for the screen caps.

Ok all my incarnates on im getting these numbers for Soul Drain:

setup.png

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour

11 hours ago, Ura Hero said:

That is truly brilliant. Even if it ended up not working, it was quite clever to think of it. 

Edited by Ukase

• 2 weeks later
On 8/18/2020 at 6:41 PM, Glacier Peak said:

Fellow badgers, please share your wisdom - I am averaging less than 900k per hour with my current setup (detailed below). I knew ahead of time this one was a grind, but I think I am not doing it as efficiently as possible.

Setup:

Level 50+3 Ice/Cold Corruptor (AoE autopower is Soul Drain from the Soul Mastery PPP with a 47 second recharge)

AVs set to +4 so they have extra health

Gather 7 AVs in to small area (10ft radius) and auto power.

With the powers imbued on my character in this mission, every 47 seconds Soul Drain deals approximately 14,350 damage. For math's sake, let me say it activates once every minute and deals 15,000 damage. That rough approximation gets me to about 900,000 damage dealt per hour. Which means it will take 111 hours or close to five straight days of grinding to earn the Cataclysmic badge.

The biggest issue I am finding is that my primary set lacks any AoEs. Frost Breath is a cone that recharges 3 seconds under the mission buff. It recharges too fast to be used for this purpose. I've tried both the Pyronic and Cryonic Judgement powers, but their damage output is abysmal compared to Soul Drain (and they take forever to recharge since their recharge times are unaffected by buffs). Soul drain seems to be my only option (I just use selectbuild 2 instead of respecing every time). Even having Ice Storm, Sleet, and Blizzard recharge very quickly and casting it, I am finding the damage output to still not match Soul Drain (and it scatters the AVs like crazy).

Any advice would be appreciated!

What’s wrong with this? Sounds perfect for the classic badge hunting technique of setting it up before you go to bed and letting it add up over 8-10 hours, do that a few nights in a week and you’ll have it before you know it

5 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

What’s wrong with this? Sounds perfect for the classic badge hunting technique of setting it up before you go to bed and letting it add up over 8-10 hours, do that a few nights in a week and you’ll have it before you know it

It would have taken weeks to get the badge using the first method.  If you read further down the thread chain, you will see how we worked it out to get the badge in a couple of days,

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Ura Hero said:

It would have taken weeks to get the badge using the first method.  If you read further down the thread chain, you will see how we worked it out to get the badge in a couple of days,

Had a full read through - that was quite the speed increase. Looking forward to trying this out myself later this week

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later

Update to my original post! While working on the damage dealt badges again, I came across a realization - BRAWL!

Brawl is up instantaneously (Activation time = 0.82 / Recharge time = 0.40). It deals an average of 80,000* damage per minute or 4.8 million an hour! (* enemies will die quickly if you do not cycle between the group). Using this method, the last damage dealt badge could be achieved in less than a day! (20 hours total). For context, the previous method I discussed averages around 900,000 damage dealt per hour.

Setup:

Any build or AT!

Set enemy level to +4. AVs set to +4 have extra health

Gather 8 or more AVs in to small area (10ft radius).

Target one of the AVs and put Brawl on auto.

Allow the target's health to reach halfway then cycle to the next closest AV and repeat.

Having 8 or more AV's allows each AV's health to regenerate to full so this cycle can continue without defeating one.

Pocket D Zone Tour