Why has the Enhancement Booster price gone way down?

MrSnottyPants

Probably dropped down along with everything else converter related.  I know normal converters have been hovering around 70k for a while now and even catalysts are under 2 mil.  Relying on a one trick pony for influence generation is usually not recommended.  As with real life, diversify.  Spend time playing converter roulette or just sell off any recipes that have decent value in the market.  It isn't quite like it was when the servers were fresh and everyone was building lots of toons.  I'm sure if we get an infusion of new players the market will rise again.

I'd say the lion's share of boosters come from merits and hero packs, with drops being a distant third.  

For merits, a booster = 5 merits = 15 converters.  15 converters = 1.05mm pretax @ 70k per converter.  The problem is that if converters are at 60k a pop (and I've definitely been buying loads there or lower), then the breakeven is only 900k pretax.  So @iBotseems to be spot on.

For hero packs, there seem to have been a lot of people buying them, and you can see the downward pressure that it has put on ATO and Winter-O prices.  I'd guess that there has also been a big supply of catalysts, boosters, unslotters, and converters hitting the market which would put downward pressure on those prices as well.

Who run Bartertown?

• 4 weeks later