Something New

lokpyrite

So, I've decided to make a WM/SD scrapper. I'll be pulling out all the financial stops and should get to soft cap on all 3 positionals "fairly" easy. I usually take the same 4 power pools and it gets a little boring:

Speed for hasten, fighting for tough and weave(plus boxing sigh) leaping for CJ and super jump, and leadership for anything I have the slots for. I'd like to try on of the newOrigin pools but the classics are classics for a reason. What can I take to shake things up but still be just as good if not better?

I often work to achieve softcaps without maneuvers or incarnates. This helps with overall endurance consumption. Then I pick up rune of protection to supplement resists.  Makes you pretty darned tough with 50% uptime. I can’t remember if I did this on my WM/SD, but I’m pretty sure I did. 

Edited by Saikochoro

Haven't tried it myself yet, but I agree.  Rune of protection with either shield or willpower isn't a bad plan as you could then alternate that with your tier 9 to have pretty consistent extra resistance.  Biggest issue probably fitting in all those power picks somehow, but sounds like it'd be very nice.

2 hours ago, Saikochoro said:

I often work to achieve softcaps without maneuvers or incarnates. This helps with overall endurance consumption. Then I pick up rune of protection to supplement resists.  Makes you pretty darned tough with 50% uptime. I can’t remember if I did this on my WM/SD, but I’m pretty sure I did. 

Edited by Riverdusk

16 minutes ago, Riverdusk said:

Haven't tried it myself yet, but I agree.  Rune of protection with either shield or willpower isn't a bad plan as you could then alternate that with your tier 9 to have pretty consistent extra resistance.  Biggest issue probably fitting in all those power picks somehow, but sounds like it'd be very nice.

Yeah. I like to pick up rune of protection whenever I can. It is especially nice on energy aura and SR as well. I tend to skip the shield T9 since it doesn’t scale with global recharge and use rune of protection in place of that.  I’ll have to look back at my WM/SD build to see what I did when I get a chance. 

Here is a WM/SD build that makes use of rune of protection to supplement resists.  

A couple things to note:

- The high resists will have 50% uptime, which I think is more than sufficient given you will have softcapped defenses as your primary mitigation.

- There was a free power slot that I couldn't allocate additional slots to.  I put One with the Shield in as a place holder, but you could pick up grant cover or some other power if you like.

- All totals are without incarnates.  So you can pick whatever incarnates you like.

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Scrapper
Primary Power Set: War Mace
Secondary Power Set: Shield Defense
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Speed

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Pulverize -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(3), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(5), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), Mk'Bit-Dam%(7)
Level 1: Deflection -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(7), Rct-Def/EndRdx(9)
Level 2: Jawbreaker -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(9), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(13)
Level 4: Battle Agility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(17), Rct-Def/EndRdx(19)
Level 6: True Grit -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(19), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(21), UnbGrd-Max HP%(21), Prv-Heal(23)
Level 8: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 10: Clobber -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), Hct-Acc/Rchg(25), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(25), Hct-Dam%(27), TchofDth-Dam%(27)
Level 12: Active Defense -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(29), Rct-Def(29), Rct-ResDam%(31)
Level 16: Against All Odds -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Whirling Mace -- ClvBlo-Acc/Dmg(A), ClvBlo-Dmg/Rchg(31), ClvBlo-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Erd-%Dam(33)
Level 20: Phalanx Fighting -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(34), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34), Ags-ResDam(34), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(36), GldArm-3defTpProc(36)
Level 26: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(36), Rct-Def/EndRdx(37)
Level 28: Shatter -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Arm-Acc/Rchg(37), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Arm-Dam%(39), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(39)
Level 30: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 32: Arcane Bolt -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(40), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 35: Rune of Protection -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam(42), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(42), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(43), RctArm-EndRdx/Rchg(43), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(43)
Level 38: Crowd Control -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(45), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(46)
Level 41: Shield Charge -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(46), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(48), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Obl-%Dam(50)
Level 44: One with the Shield -- TtnCtn-ResDam(A)
Level 47: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 49: Super Jump -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(15), Pnc-Heal/+End(15)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(17)
------------

Totals with Rune active:

image.png.eaf454ec9a36cb5eb55b2a10fc21dc97.png

Totals with rune inactive:

image.png.905969dd001bb883dae099b8a378dc9b.png